Quantcast
Poll:Best Motorcycle dealership features - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What's the 1 thing that a motorcycle dealership does that will set it above the rest?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Large selection of types of brands i.e. suzuki, honda, kawasaki, yamaha

2 4.44%
  • Excellent Customer service

15 33.33%
  • Large selection of clothing and apparel

0 0%
  • Customer lounge

2 4.44%
  • Large accessory selection

0 0%
  • A customization shop

0 0%
  • Price

13 28.89%
  • Large showroom

0 0%
  • Fast service

4 8.89%
  • Friendly and helpful employees

7 15.56%
  • Kevin McNutt!!

2 4.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poll:Best Motorcycle dealership features

Do you know of a grant that worked there for a bit? I don't think he stayed long though, pm me if you knew of him.. Maybe a yr, yr and a half ago?

My Ride
    2007 Honda Fit

Best customer service I get is at Rev, but then again that was years ago before they got big, I haven't really gone there in a while. Gotta love the cappucino's and the smokin hot duc's. They've even given me something special in my cappucino..

Next is GW.. and Walt Healy.

BF used to be good when Wone worked there.... and we'll leave it at that.

And I guess I wasn't talking to the right person at Pro-Am. Haha.. right? Nudge nudge....
    Oh well. No biggie.

A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey

My Ride
    03 Kawasaki ZX636, 00 Honda Civic CX, 01 Yamaha R1

Originally posted by Luke 96 T/A
    Price and service definitely score the most points for me...

I've had horrible experiences with Blackfoot (took it in for an oil change, they scrathed my tank, and forgot a screw on my fairing)...
    Had it in to them 3 times because it wouldn't downshift properly..

My buddy had his clutch adjusted improperly by blackfoot during initial setup on his new R6 (according to Walt Healy and Yamaha), but blackfoot won't own up to it. $1000 out of pocked on a bike bought 2 months previously, with less than 2500km on it..

One of my biggest peeves is not being able to GET The bike in for service - if i have to wait more than a week for an oil change, that's too much...

eitherway, just some ramblings...
    I have also had some bad experiences at ProAm as well - being mostly ignored by their sales team when we came in to buy bikes... after 10 minutes, we walked out, bought bikes the next day at Blackfoot.. (also didn't like that at the time, no prices were marked at Proam)
    Also been ignored looking for jackets there...

Have always had awesome experiences with Walt Healy... friendly, attentive sales teams, great service people.. just wish they carried Honda!!
    At this point, the ONLY reason I'd shop at Blackfoot or ProAm is if they carried something I couldn't get elsewhere, or had a blowout special...
    That's too bad you feel the same way about Pro-Am as Blackfoot... lmao, Cosmo's got a good point, guess you weren't talking to the right person!

(Hee hee, thanx cosmo! we gotta go out and cause trouble again soon! - I'm back at Pro-Am again :P couldn't let a good thing go to waste)

and Kev, really, u should add me to that poll then j/k but it's good to be back in the industry, who knows.... maybe a new dealership will open up thanks to yours truely
    When in doubt, pinn'er. :P

My Ride
    06 Nissan Frontier LE - 06 GSXR 6 - 07 Yamaha R1

Originally posted by bikrbabe

That's too bad you feel the same way about Pro-Am as Blackfoot... lmao, Cosmo's got a good point, guess you weren't talking to the right person!

(Hee hee, thanx cosmo! we gotta go out and cause trouble again soon! - I'm back at Pro-Am again :P couldn't let a good thing go to waste)

and Kev, really, u should add me to that poll then j/k but it's good to be back in the industry, who knows.... maybe a new dealership will open up thanks to yours truely
    Good to hear! I want a 07 R1 for next year, how much?!?

My Ride
    2007 Honda Fit

Originally posted by bikrbabe
    Hee hee, thanx cosmo! we gotta go out and cause trouble again soon!
    yeah!! This upcoming Saturday!! Did you get my voice msg on the weekend?

oh... Didn't mean to digress... umm... to stay on topic... uhhh.. yess... customer service... bike shop... right... talk to bikrbabe!!!

A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey

My Ride
    Horse

Kevin,
    I do nto mean knowing everyhtign ina catalogue although that woudl be helpful but I mean some places the parts people have no idea about basic items.

I have called dealerships and have had to explain where to find a certain part ona bike (one comes to mind is a rewind spring off a TRX500) a parts person shoudl have some idea whata rewind spring is.

More or less what i mean is you can kind of explain a part to a parts person and they should have an idea of what you are looking for, i do not expect them to turn exactly to the right catralogue/page but understand the difference in sweep and rise of a set of handlebars say.

I am not attacking you sicne I have no idea what you offer but what i find with alot of spots is the offer to get a good parts person is the offer of wage and such. I knwo of other dealerships personnaly (won't say what one) but for what the parts people get paid I do not blame them for not caring.. I do think they should care but I know to alot of people they do not care about helping people but it is all about the $$$.

I wouldn't mind a job in parts BUT i do not think I would get the correct offer of wage unless it was for a parts manager sorta deal.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Price is probably the most important thing to me unless the guys there are real assholes (cough cough blackfoot cough).

I like bow cycle and always get everything from there since the guys are helpful even if youre just looking around. Walt Healy is good too, in the summer I went in in my dirty construction clothes and work boots and they were all over me to 'look at this one' 'this ones new this year', etc. . Like Alleannex said, theres a lot of new money in calgary and most of these dealerships know what kind of people are gonna be dropping money on toys.

I bought my scooter at Bow and am buying my new motorcycle there when it comes out. Best customer service I've found regardless of who I talked to.

Blackfoot ignored me and my questions when I was i the market last year and when they found out I was looking at an '08 that they didn't have yet they moved to someone else.

Most of the guys at Walt Healy are great but the one guy I dealt with there made it seem like it was a waste of time to deal with me last year.

Two friends are now buying their new motorcycles at Bow because of my referal.

Customer service goes a long way.
    slower than you...

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Friendly and helpful employees and Excellent Customer service are one in the same...
    I agree....and put friendly helpful employees as my #1....Its great to walk into a place and have the ability to look at whatever, ask whatever, and really be valued as a customer.....I never get respect when I walk into any dealeship
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    pedals

im not much of a bike-trader-iner, meaning that the bike im using has been around for about 6 years (2001), and as such, things pop up that need to be done. outside of the buying experience which is minimal if your keeping the bike more than a few seasons, the warranty/parts aspect of the dealer is the MOST important. you dont want hassles about the warranty (nothing makes a person feel disrespected like a dealer being a dick on a warranty item). After that, knowledgeable people behind the parts desk coupled with a good selection of parts ON HAND. Not accessories mind you, but parts. its nice to have accessories, and i understand that huge money is made for the dealer in that respect, but for me (ME), phoning up and getting a sprocket and chain, or tires, or anything, THAT day its so valuable. (The same goes if your having hte dealer do the work, have the stuff on hand so it goes quickly, not holding the bike for 3 days waiting on parts)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2