Quantcast
2 Fast 2 Furious Meet - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2 Fast 2 Furious Meet

I'm going to chinook, not that anyone gives a rats ass....lol but I picked up tickets tonight for tomorrow at 7:55pm so I'm sure I'll see some of you there. Should be fun and some good laughs.

My Ride
    2012 Elantra GLS 6spd

The Sienna's, once you learn how to drive em, can be pretty damn quick. For example, in drive, with overdrive on, it hits about 65, when the accelerator is pinned, and then shifts into second. However, if you put it in first, and pin it, it'll hit 82-83 before it hits the rev limiter. So you can safely shift it at 75 when you're racing. Same thing with second into third. I haven't hit the rev limiter in second, simply because I haven't tried, but in drive, it hits 125 before it shifts, so I'm willing to bet that 130-135 would be a safe shifting speed.
    And yes, I have topped it out. I hit the governor at about 170-ish. I don't know where it's set... It's between 105 and 110 MPH... the '04's are governed at 108.
    I have raced civics and beat 'em, no problem. Well, most of em. I'm sure those new SiR's, which are pushing about 160 HP, would be quicker, cause they weigh hardly any more than the DX's, which have a little less HP/pound than the Siennas do.
    But the Civic Coupe LX weighs in at 2515 lbs. The '03 Siennas weigh in at 3900 pounds.
    So let's do the math...
    115 HP/2515 lbs = 0.0457 HP/lb ('03 Civic LX Coupe)
    210 HP/3900 lbs = 0.0538 HP/lb ('03 Sienna CE)
    So it has 1.18 times the power per pound.

Now as for torque...

110 lb-ft/2515 lbs = 0.0437 lb-ft/lb
    220 lb-ft/3900 lbs = 0.0564 lb-ft/lb
    So it has 1.3 times the torque.

Looks like those stock civics you're such a fan of just got owned.
    Oh, and by the way, the HP and torque numbers from honda are measured at the engine, whereas the toyota numbers are measured at the wheels.

-Biggie!

Originally posted by Moonracer
    I'm going to chinook, not that anyone gives a rats ass....lol but I picked up tickets tonight for tomorrow at 7:55pm so I'm sure I'll see some of you there. Should be fun and some good laughs.
    okay man enough with ur sienna ur to fast.....

Originally posted by crazy_one

okay man enough with ur sienna ur to fast.....
    You must be talking to BigYellowMonkey.

My Ride
    Probe

Originally posted by BigYellowMonkey
    The Sienna's, once you learn how to drive em, can be pretty damn quick. For example, in drive, with overdrive on, it hits about 65, when the accelerator is pinned, and then shifts into second. However, if you put it in first, and pin it, it'll hit 82-83 before it hits the rev limiter. So you can safely shift it at 75 when you're racing. Same thing with second into third. I haven't hit the rev limiter in second, simply because I haven't tried, but in drive, it hits 125 before it shifts, so I'm willing to bet that 130-135 would be a safe shifting speed.
    And yes, I have topped it out. I hit the governor at about 170-ish. I don't know where it's set... It's between 105 and 110 MPH... the '04's are governed at 108.
    I have raced civics and beat 'em, no problem. Well, most of em. I'm sure those new SiR's, which are pushing about 160 HP, would be quicker, cause they weigh hardly any more than the DX's, which have a little less HP/pound than the Siennas do.
    But the Civic Coupe LX weighs in at 2515 lbs. The '03 Siennas weigh in at 3900 pounds.
    So let's do the math...

Now as for torque...

Oh, and by the way, the HP and torque numbers from honda are measured at the engine, whereas the toyota numbers are measured at the wheels.

-Biggie!
    I got one thing to say to that... IT BELONGS TO YOUR MOM

So let's do the math...

Now as for torque...

-Biggie!
    this is the gayest thing ive possibly ever heard hahha PROPS BRO

Bench racing!
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    Probe

My car only has a 140 hp to the wheels you should race me see how bad you beat me

My Ride
    2012 Elantra GLS 6spd

Yeah ok, but how much does it weigh? probes are pretty damn quick...
    Not to mention that this is an auto...

-Biggie!

My Ride
    4G lude

Yeah ok, but how much does it weigh? probes are pretty damn quick...
    Not to mention that this is an auto...

-Biggie!
    hahaah, first youre propin that u can shift an auto and that ur a f1 racer in ur sienna, and now ur sayin that u cant race a probe cuz ur f1 sienna is auto

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    Bench racing!
    Wrong! Keyboard racing!

A quick glance of my keyboard reveals that I can only 'Shift' up, no downshifts allowed here:

This key is for my tab for parts at Harry's:

Pressing this key allows me to get away from the cops:

Hitting this key takes me home after I lose those pesky police:

One time I almost lost my keyboard at the races! The guy said:

"The loser will hand over dem KEYS, otherwise you'll be eatin' breakfast through straws from now on".
    Pure Ludacris!

I almost lost my keyboard that night, but I saved the spray for the finish and emerged victorious!

I have since given up my fast and furious ways and retired from keyboard racing.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Hahahhah

Good one mwmhong
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    2012 Elantra GLS 6spd

Originally posted by preludeSR

hahaah, first youre propin that u can shift an auto and that ur a f1 racer in ur sienna, and now ur sayin that u cant race a probe cuz ur f1 sienna is auto
    HAHA YOU SO FUNNY!
    Maybe you should go back and re-read what I actually said...

"Yeah ok, but how much does it weigh? probes are pretty damn quick...
    Not to mention that this is an auto..."

take another look... I was saying that the main reason I wasn't sure about beating the probe was because I know they're pretty damn quick, and since they don't put out that much power, they must be fairly light.
    So... The fact that it's an automatic holds me back only in that I can't bring the engine revs up before I launch. Well, I could do a neutral drop, but that wouldn't make me start faster. Since it's a 4 speed, with overdrive, that means that it is a 3 speed tranny with overdrive. So if I turn overdrive off, that makes it a straight up 3 speed tranny. Now, since I've hit the rev limiter by putting it in 1st, at about 82-83 km/h, when I'm racing, I know that 75 is a safe place to shift that isn't too too hard on the engine. And since I hit the rev limiter in 2nd at around 135, I know that 125-130 is a safe spot to shift into "Drive", which, with overdrive off, is essentially just 3rd.

I'm not trying to make excuses. I know that my van isn't fast among this type of cars. But in the world of civics, and the world of minivans, it is.

-Biggie!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4