Quantcast
2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off?

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Default 2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off?

Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

Chevrolet SS

93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    TRD Pro

While your at it, might as well throw in a pic of the RX-8

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

Originally posted by R-Audi
    While your at it, might as well throw in a pic of the RX-8
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wouldn't be surprised if it were...
    I mean Toyota and GM have been working together for a loooooong time.

look at the Matrix and the Vibe.... :P

the Cavalier is marketed as the Toyota Cavalier in Japan....

like i said, i HATE the direction car design is going nowadays... its just horrible

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

The SS looks way more like the RX-8 than that Supra Concept.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Toyotas vechiles never come out looking like the conceptual drawings..at the supra will be uil tin Japan...Toyota woudl never allow Gm to take part in such a project
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Toyotas vechiles never come out looking like the conceptual drawings..at the supra will be uil tin Japan...Toyota woudl never allow Gm to take part in such a project
    What the hell are you talking about??? if it wasent for GM and for like half of every other manufacturer out ther, U WOULDNT HAVE A SUPRA!!!

Toyota got the engineers from almost every company out there and they developed the supra u see today. They overenginerd the car and they put more money into R and D than they got back from selling them. Which is the reason why they discontinued it. Like how many cars do u know of that have a factory rear-end that can take 900rwhp??

My Ride
    2009 STi

haha. They better not actually call it the SUPRA DUPRA

My Ride

Originally posted by Wildcat

What the hell are you talking about??? if it wasent for GM and for like half of every other manufacturer out ther, U WOULDNT HAVE A SUPRA!!!

Toyota got the engineers from almost every company out there and they developed the supra u see today. They overenginerd the car and they put more money into R and D than they got back from selling them. Which is the reason why they discontinued it. Like how many cars do u know of that have a factory rear-end that can take 900rwhp??
    What are you talking about?...the Supra was not a collaborated project..it was built by Toyota strictly by Toyota Engineers...the supra was also only discontinued 2 years ago and that only because a new Supra is in the works..they stopped selling it in North America because of lack of interest and the ever increasing pricetag but continued to sell and improve it in Japan until 2001 or 2002. Sorry to dissapoint you but the Supra was built for japanese bragging rights to show the detroit muscle that Japan coudl built a "muscle car" too
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Originally posted by thich
    look at the Matrix and the Vibe.... :P

the Cavalier is marketed as the Toyota Cavalier in Japan....
    Ferr reall???

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

What are you talking about?...the Supra was not a collaborated project..it was built by Toyota strictly by Toyota Engineers...the supra was also only discontinued 2 years ago and that only because a new Supra is in the works..they stopped selling it in North America because of lack of interest and the ever increasing pricetag but continued to sell and improve it in Japan until 2001 or 2002. Sorry to dissapoint you but the Supra was built for japanese bragging rights to show the detroit muscle that Japan coudl built a "muscle car" too
    Ya toyota Engineers that were BOUGHT, do u think they just plucked them outta the ground or what??? they had no plans for a new supra!! why would they discontinue something for 5 years when they could be making money instead??? think about what your saying, just because i drive a domestic doesnt mean i live on an import free island.

Everything is about money, toyota wasent making money with that car, now they have a celica= they are making tons of cash; and yes it is true that they built a car to compete with the domestic muscle which dominates the market in japan which are even more popular ther as imports are in north america. If u know anyone that has ever been to japan u would know that if u had a cobra ther u would be the biggest piamp on wheels

Toyota is putting out a supra comeback because they know that they can bounce back and profit huge..... and we all know why theres a sudden extreme intrest in the supra name..

My Ride

Ya toyota Engineers that were BOUGHT, do u think they just plucked them outta the ground or what??? they had no plans for a new supra!! why would they discontinue something for 5 years when they could be making money instead??? think about what your saying, just because i drive a domestic doesnt mean i live on an import free island.

Everything is about money, toyota wasent making money with that car, now they have a celica= they are making tons of cash; and yes it is true that they built a car to compete with the domestic muscle which dominates the market in japan which are even more popular ther as imports are in north america. If u know anyone that has ever been to japan u would know that if u had a cobra ther u would be the biggest piamp on wheels

Toyota is putting out a supra comeback because they know that they can bounce back and profit huge..... and we all know why theres a sudden extreme intrest in the supra name..

I never debated that the engineers might have been from gm...hell they coudl have been from lada..it doesnt really matter where they came from. What matters is that the Supra was conceptualized and produced by Toyota. Im not sure when plans were established for the MkV Supra I do know however that there were concepts of the mkV floating around back in 2000 so who really knows what Toyota had in mind. toyota has always been considered the most conservative japanese manufacturer when compared to Nissan and Mazda...they were the last to release a super car back in the early 90s and they'll repeat that pattern again in this decade. Had the 350 and rx8 not been released in North America Japan might have been the only recipients of the mkV but that is again is something I dont know or cant prove. All I know is that GM HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUPRA!

Red Deer, AB

like i said, i HATE the direction car design is going nowadays... its just horrible
    im sooo with you on that one, the cars designs are turning too "futuristic" looking. i dont like that.

Originally posted by l/l/rX

im sooo with you on that one, the cars designs are turning too "futuristic" looking. i dont like that.
    word up! if thers one person that runs shit like diarrhrea on this board its you hahahahahaha, that sig is golden!

fa shoooz, thanx mang im glad you like my sig ahaha, thats a first ^__^

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

i read that article on road and track and it says thats just one of the many concept designs, and it may get a name change, most likely 5000GT or so to redo the old school 2000GT the original supra.

My Ride
    1994 Dodge Dakota

i think they are just two totally cars that people want to say that toyota is ripping of GM of the SS. who cares if they both get into production and then we'll see what sells better.

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally

Default Re: 2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gripenfelter
    [B]Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

Toyota better keeps the old design coz this is just plain ugly

Default Re: Re: 2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goliath
    [B]
    Originally posted by Gripenfelter
    Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

Toyota better keeps the old design coz this is just plain ugly
    thanks for stating the obvious budday , jk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast