Quantcast
Michael Richards (Kramer) Loses his cool? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Richards (Kramer) Loses his cool?

My Ride
    Honda

I'm usually ridiculously sensitive on racial issues, but this just made me shrug my shoulders.

A racist comedian? Some of you sound like you live under rocks.
    They're all racist. None of the good ones aren't racist.

Chris Rock, Russell Peters, Cedric, Seinfeld, Williams, The Wayans, Whoopi, Jim Carrey, etc.... I could name them forever, then put up the good jokes because I have all the DVD's. If you want to get your panties in a knot over this, then crack your knuckles and get ready to write way more than just one letter to just one comedian.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Post one where a comedian is DIRECTLY offending someone. Usually comics are fairly broad with there racism. I enjoy alot of comedians, and am rarley offended. Im not going to lose any sleep, or write any letters, but I dont agree with his actions at all.
    Like SuPhistiKatEd said a small joke or something would have been alot more efficent.
    I was at the comedy cave once, and there was some hecklers and people talking. The comic started talking to them, and was making fun of their manners, ending the confrontation with a " so how is forest lawn anyways." Sure some could have been offended by that but it was done with taste and tact.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Black Gts
    Post one where a comedian is DIRECTLY offending someone.
    Chris Rock on the Turners.
    *EDIT* If you're going to play the race card on that one, then let's use Peter's vs Jose on Outsourced.

Im not going to lose any sleep, or write any letters, but I dont agree with his actions at all.
    Hey, I never said I agreed with it either.
    But I know he's a comedian, which means I take everything he says with a grain of salt. Not everyone is as tolerant, so of course people get upset.

Some of the things Peters says about white people makes me angry too. But then I remember he's a comedian, and I let it go. Maybe Kramer's opinion just isn't worth much to me
    Last edited by ninjak84; 11-20-2006 at 05:50 PM.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Originally posted by ninjak84

Chris Rock on the Turners.
    *EDIT* If you're going to play the race card on that one, then let's use Peter's vs Jose on Outsourced.

Some of the things Peters says about white people makes me angry too. But then I remember he's a comedian, and I let it go. Maybe Kramer's opinion just isn't worth much to me
    haha I dont plan on playing the race card. Where are these clips are they on youtube I was trying to find the Chris rock one with no apparent luck. And I dont know what outsourced is.

My main point was just that Kramer snapped.... He left the stage he was not being funny and it really looks like some pent up feelings, I dont think he was even trying to be funny, and if he was I wonder what kind of shows he normally plays?

Maybe thats why there was only a couple of black people on that show ever???
    He had that black buddy on the street in one show, with the secret handshake..? maybe? I'm not sure if its the same guy that was in the "hot and heavy" episode I can't remember right off...

My Ride
    99 Blazer

l^^^ I m not trying to bring up conspiracy theories lol
    Its just kinda like "friends". I just thought it would be a funny/clever time to mention that..

My Ride
    DC2-EM1-DC2R-UA7-AP1-FD5

wow.....

kramer not so cool anymore lol.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

comedian rule #1 with hecklers...deal with them, turn it into a joke. Turning it into a straight up name calling and swearing is just lame. Comedians like Chris Rock and Russell Peters have some tact in their material...they dont just straight up bash with no punch line. Boo to Kramer, maybe he is burnt out

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    MK7 R

i agree that he went way overboard with that one.

but i'm also sick of people, not necessarily black, acting out of line themselves and then calling out racism the second someone calls them out on it.

Originally posted by dennisaur
    i agree that he went way overboard with that one.

but i'm also sick of people, not necessarily black, acting out of line themselves and then calling out racism the second someone calls them out on it.
    But in this situation, he was being racist, and is a racist...

My Ride
    IS350

Letterman is talking to Michael Richards and Jerry Seinfeld about this on his show tonight.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This is so blown out of proportion. I think what they call racism, especially towards black people, is very hypocritical. I mean, black people make the word "nigga" acceptable. I mean look at every rap song. What rap song out there doesn't refer to each other as niggas and niggers.

It's perfectly OK for a black guy to refer to a white guy as a "cracker", yet it's bad when the white guy refers to a black guy as a "nigga". Same goes for other races. When I go out and call a white person a whitey, nobody looks. My white friend call me a chink, everyone looks and he looks like the devil. Go figure.

In the video, if everything said by Michael Richards was done by say... Dave Chappelle. We'd all be laughing our asses off. We're all just a bunch of hypocrites.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

just another double standard
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    99 Blazer

^^^ You know what I agree 100% it is a double standard in most cases. Everyone should know better, its not like the outrage is a suprise. Its like that old family guy if your gonna hit someone make sure that they are the same color as you or else its a hate crime.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by rage2
    This is so blown out of proportion. I think what they call racism, especially towards black people, is very hypocritical. I mean, black people make the word "nigga" acceptable. I mean look at every rap song. What rap song out there doesn't refer to each other as niggas and niggers.

It's perfectly OK for a black guy to refer to a white guy as a "cracker", yet it's bad when the white guy refers to a black guy as a "nigga". Same goes for other races. When I go out and call a white person a whitey, nobody looks. My white friend call me a chink, everyone looks and he looks like the devil. Go figure.

In the video, if everything said by Michael Richards was done by say... Dave Chappelle. We'd all be laughing our asses off. We're all just a bunch of hypocrites.
    The irony is after he retaliates, they start yapping off saying he is disrespectful, and yet they were the first to throw a stone. The whole thing is a joke. Whats even worse is because of the internet, radio and television, it will spread like wild fire. The human race loves to humiliate each other, so so sad.

Him on letterman:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38&q=letterman

he's obviously pretty broke up about it, and he seems pretty pissed at himself, and not sure why/how it comes out of a person in a rage like that..

retards in the audience weren't helping anything either..

I think he's a vietnam vet as well, and A LOT of those guys are messed up pretty bad inside..

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by 89coupe

The irony is after he retaliates, they start yapping off saying he is disrespectful, and yet they were the first to throw a stone. The whole thing is a joke. Whats even worse is because of the internet, radio and television, it will spread like wild fire. The human race loves to humiliate each other, so so sad.
    So damn true. I hate that about the Internet - do you remember a "fact" that spread like wildfire on the Net a couple of years back? The one that Tommy Hilfiger was on Oprah and said he "wouldn't have made his clothes if he knew black people were going to wear them." So many people believed it, and so many still do - even though it was a complete fabrication.

read what another female comic has to say about him

http://perezhilton.com/topics/michae...d_20061121.php

I watched the whole thing on CNN last night. Apparently there is more that happened than just what's in the vid. He made an appearance and apologized and basically said he had no idea what came over him and insisted he wasnt racist.
    dv/dt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast