Quantcast
Michael Richards (Kramer) Loses his cool? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Michael Richards (Kramer) Loses his cool?

My Ride
    couple 'tings

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. No, I am not "fucking kidding you," I'm making a comparison.

Think of it this way. Long ago, white people disliked black people because they thought they were inferior and only useful as slaves. They came up with a word to express their distaste - "nigger."

The black people resented the white people because they held them in slavery, thinking they were a superior race. They came up with a word to express their dislike - "cracker."

Now, if I call a person a "nigger," I am in effect calling them a slave, someone who is inferior to me. I would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as black people are neither slaves nor inferior.

If someone calls me a "cracker," he is in effect calling me a slavemaster, one who is responsible for the suffering of black people, a person who dislikes blacks. He would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as we are not enslaving him or his people, nor do I dislike blacks.

Both words are racist statements that carry the weight of history behind them. Neither are acceptable. They are equally racist. White people have been taught to think they are somehow inherently racist. We've been taught to worry about what we say around other races, yet ignore any racist remarks that come our way. It's a huge double standard, one that is perpetuated constantly.

In regards to the "are you f'n kidding me", I'll apologize on the grounds that I'd like to keep this conversation at an adult level since it could easily get out of hand on this subject matter. As per usual this is going to come down to personal opinion and mine simply disagrees with yours which is fine. Since this is a kramer thread i'll start a new thread that polls this and we will see what everyones opinion is.

My Ride
    couple 'tings

the new thread for the racial conversation can be found here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=155122

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Thanks for making that thread, Drew. I'm interested in seeing the results. I do hope the thread remains civil, as emotions tend to run high on such matters.

that douchebag hitting the pt cruiser needs his ass whooped Kramer style.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I think your signature. Shows that you have the L337 skills to do it yourself Mark.
    How ya been. (Pm)
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

^ LOL, I was just going to post that.

My Ride

I strongly disagree, do you even know what "cracker" means? It's short for "whip-cracker," what they called the white people who enslaved them. Nigger is to slave as Cracker is to owner. Thus, both words carry the exact same weight in my mind. Calling someone a slave is just as bad as calling someone an enslaver - neither are true.

calling a white person a cracker is the same as calling a german person a nazi...it is from the dark past (by dark i mean evil ) for which we want to forget about and are ashamed of. so as a result we (white people of this era) do not want to be associated with any part of it as things have changed and for the most part the mayority of the people today have learned to apreciate one another.

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. No, I am not "fucking kidding you," I'm making a comparison.

Think of it this way. Long ago, white people disliked black people because they thought they were inferior and only useful as slaves. They came up with a word to express their distaste - "nigger."

The black people resented the white people because they held them in slavery, thinking they were a superior race. They came up with a word to express their dislike - "cracker."

Now, if I call a person a "nigger," I am in effect calling them a slave, someone who is inferior to me. I would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as black people are neither slaves nor inferior.

If someone calls me a "cracker," he is in effect calling me a slavemaster, one who is responsible for the suffering of black people, a person who dislikes blacks. He would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as we are not enslaving him or his people, nor do I dislike blacks.

Both words are racist statements that carry the weight of history behind them. Neither are acceptable. They are equally racist. White people have been taught to think they are somehow inherently racist. We've been taught to worry about what we say around other races, yet ignore any racist remarks that come our way. It's a huge double standard, one that is perpetuated constantly.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

does anyone have the video of the act?

oops wrong video. That ones pretty funny too.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...5c278af570.htm
    this is it

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by sneek
    this video is funny no matter what race you are
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0uE_tcLlT8

AWE MAN, I JUST HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE AT THE APOLLO!

I have never felt so insulted.

I went to this hot comedy club last week, as it was supposed to be the best acts in town. At first i noticed that it was a very dark crowd with darker comedian, but i thought nothing of it. About 15 minutes into the second ACT, I started to heckle the comedian on stage as i had just seen the entrie crown heckle the first act which was better then this one. Anyhow, i yell "I wouldn't be laughing had i just smoked a ounce"

Right after that, there was a second or two of just complete silence in the comedy club.

Then comedian looks my way, grins and hurling racials slurs at ,me.

He call me names such as CRACKER, MOUSE PECKER, THIN LIPS, AND DR. PERCUSSION.
    At this point, i am the laugh of the show and have never felt so disrespected. The thing that hurts me the most, is that i didn't here an appologee after the act.

Morale of this story, RACISM Am i the only honkey that could care less when people are ractist to whites(guess what, i have ancestors that were white slaves too, you know)
    Do'nt here me whinning

Racism is what you make it and happens to all races. This is much bigger problems in world then blacks whinning about how racist the world is and how offended they are when another race call them a word that they call themself.
    You are pathetic, weak, insecure if you let racism get to you. Because truth be told, what better way to laugh at eachother

I never want to hear another black man in north america whinning about how tough it is in this racist world. They should be thankfull thier not suffereing in africa like 90% of their race is at this moment
    NOT WHINNING ABOUT STUPID SH!T, BOOHOO, i've been called a negro by a white man even though i call myself the same thing

I am a HONKEY
    I AM A MOUSE PECKER(hey, at least i'm not asain
    I Have ZERO RHYTHM
    AND YES< WHEN I TURN 40, my lips will be a thing of the past

I am cracker, hear me roar
    Last edited by Kramer; 11-23-2006 at 08:02 PM.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Michael Richards fucked up and showed a pretty shitty side of his real-self. This is not primarily about the word he used or about it's definition, it's about the fact that he used a derogatory and racist term and intended to be demeaning and insulting. That is wrong. Period.

Geez, when this was a DRUNK Mel Gibson talking about Jews he was raked over the coals afterwards. For using a derogatory term about people of African decent, Michael Richards deserves to be publicly chastized as well.

I'll never look at "Kramer" or even the Seinfeld show the same way again since he was such a big part of it.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

To paraphrase 2Pac, nigga is the one "bling blinging" and nigger is the one hanging from a tree.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

I am upset about this too, God knows that Kramer is hilarious on Seinfeld, and is basically the only reason I watch the show. My problem about this clip, is that the minority party can call him a white-boy, and cracker, and what have you, but not be contested at all, where as the majority says something, and we get a lashing? From what Ive seen, minorities want respect, but how are we supposed to treat them as equals, if they're allowed to call majorities racial slurs? Just my opinion, my fire suit's on.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by sneek
    this video is funny no matter what race you are
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0uE_tcLlT8
    I wish I could do that to every PT Cruiser I see.

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Sienna XLE

Yikes

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

Comparing him to Dave Chapelle is totally wrong.

Dave Chapelle does as a part of his skits or whatever, all in fun.

Never has Dave Chapelle lost his cool, and expressed his true feelings of hatred, in a meaningful way.

Kramer lost it and got angry and said what was on his mind. Which was totally unacceptable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast