• they are equally bad

88 34.92%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: N*gger Vs Cr*cker

My Ride
    couple 'tings

Default N*gger Vs Cr*cker

This thread started out of another thread in which two arguments were made;

1) Being called a Nigger is worse then being called a Cracker because being called a slave is far worse then being called a slave owner

2) Both words carry equal weight racially as they both were historically created to racially slander the opposite race.

the originating thread with arguments can be found here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=2

and now we can discuss this in the proper thread

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

It's all context man.

I call some of my black friends Nigga, all the time. And I have been known to call some white people Crackah...but only in a joking manner...Maybe it's a little different seeing as how I am coloured.

Because I think it "sounds" more offensive coming from a white person versus a person of colour.

I dunno mang...

It's worse depending on how it's being used I guess...there is no clear cut winner.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

My views on the subject, from the other thread:

Think of it this way. Long ago, white people disliked black people because they thought they were inferior and only useful as slaves. They came up with a word to express their distaste - "nigger."

The black people resented the white people because they held them in slavery, thinking they were a superior race. They came up with a word to express their dislike - "cracker."

Now, if I call a person a "nigger," I am in effect calling them a slave, someone who is inferior to me. I would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as black people are neither slaves nor inferior.

If someone calls me a "cracker," he is in effect calling me a slavemaster, one who is responsible for the suffering of black people, a person who dislikes blacks. He would be saying that nothing has changed since the 40's. This is untrue, as we are not enslaving him or his people, nor do I dislike blacks.

Both words are racist statements that carry the weight of history behind them. Neither are acceptable. They are equally racist. White people have been taught to think they are somehow inherently racist. We've been taught to worry about what we say around other races, yet ignore any racist remarks that come our way. It's a huge double standard, one that is perpetuated constantly.

It is all about intent.

If you use ANY word maliciously it is offensive.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 03-24-2013 at 10:37 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

In theory, one is as bad as the other if used in a hateful context... but I don't care if someone calls me a cracker, why anyone of our generation gets upset at nigger, I don't know, it's not like any of us were slave owners, and it's not like any of you were slaves.

The world is too damned sensitve IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    White people have been taught to think they are somehow inherently racist. We've been taught to worry about what we say around other races, yet ignore any racist remarks that come our way. It's a huge double standard, one that is perpetuated constantly.
    Holy fuck, are you in my head berserker? This is exactly what I was thinking. On another note, it's interesting how when a large majority of non-whites are faced off with the law, the first thing they tend to think of is their race and not the crime and use that to defend themselves. NOT EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN! Not all non-whites think this way obviously but I'd suggest the majority.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

^^ I think it was Dave Chappelle who once said"whats a black man without his paranoia" lol

that said its true not everone dislikes anyone based on skin color.
    Just like its not always a person of color who stole something from you. However it will always be like walking on eggshells, and on top of that everyone knows better.
    IMO the word n*gger has been desensitised too much(or maybe not enough) and sometimes you cant tell the context someone is using it. So if it MAY offend someone shouldn't it not be used. And if you ever think that to yourself its probably better not to use it.

What if you're white and get called a "nigga/er"?

My Ride
    couple 'tings

In regards to them being racial comments, after reviewing what everyone is argueing about, I agree that on a racial level they are both racist and should not be used. However my arguement towards why Nigger is taken more harshly is simply because your calling someone inferior because of their race, and in calling someone a cracker you are not calling them inferior, infact your refering to their "superiority" and that is why I deem Nigger to be worse then cracker

My Ride

Originally posted by Drew
    and in calling someone a cracker you are not calling them inferior, infact your refering to their "superiority" and that is why I deem Nigger to be worse then cracker

Would you rather be called Hitler, or Jew? <- In that case being called Hitler is worse.

My Ride
    couple 'tings

My views on the subject, from the other thread:

White people have been taught to think they are somehow inherently racist. We've been taught to worry about what we say around other races, yet ignore any racist remarks that come our way. It's a huge double standard, one that is perpetuated constantly.
    This however i will 100% agree with. It is unfortunate because for example if you need to refer to a "black" person and are white, its almost funny watching the person try and think of a way to not say black if they are uncomfortable with it because of the inherent teachings they have. Black people are bad for perpetuating this difference aswell, by no means do i think we are guilt free. For example, we have BET, now if there was a White Entertainment Television created I have a slight feeling some colored people would not take to it at all even though we have BET, which is not right and only perpetuates the difference people have to feel on a day to day basis.

@ Drew

Perhaps you view it that way simply because you believe it better serves your argument.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Would you rather be called Hitler, or Jew? &lt;- In that case being called Hitler is worse.
    Neither term is racist. Perhaps unsavory depending upon context, but not racist.

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Sienna XLE

Would you rather be called Hitler, or Jew? &lt;- In that case being called Hitler is worse.
    Tik-Tok...

Overall, I would never use these words to offend a person.

But it all depends on the context... If we look at it from a point of slave (N word) versus the slave master (C word), I think that it would be more offensive to be called the N word... wouldn't it?

IMHO... just don't use it, makes the world a better place.
    Last edited by Sprinter; 11-22-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

My Ride
    SlowBalt

I could care less if a black guy called me a cracka. Also I know this black guy that could give 2 fucks if you called him a nigga..

My Ride
    couple 'tings

Originally posted by NATAS.KAUPAS
    @ Drew

Perhaps you view it that way simply because you believe it better serves your argument.
    read my above post, and no I'd be honest if i thought they were the same, its just that the biggest problem lies in how the words are used. And niggs, nigga, cracka etc are generally used as another way to say "brother". However when someone deliberately uses the words nigger and cracker, I just personally don't see being called a slavedriver as bad as being called a slave....black OR white person saying it.....as said in the other thread I flipped out on a black person too because HOW he said it was very poor. I however am a product of society like the rest of us and fact is whoever said society is over sensitive is quite correct, because i don't think any of you enslaved my ancestors, and no I myself am not a slave either so were really dealing with old problems that truth be told we have no right to alter as opposed to just understand what happened then and move on

My Ride

Originally posted by Drew

For example, we have BET, now if there was a White Entertainment Television created I have a slight feeling some colored people would not take to it at all even though we have BET, which is not right and only perpetuates the difference people have to feel on a day to day basis.

Bingo. My wife works at a funeral home, and they got a fax from the states advertising all these funeral homes down there that are for "Black people only"

WTF do you think would happen if white people tried that? (again)

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Bingo. My wife works at a funeral home, and they got a fax from the states advertising all these funeral homes down there that are for &quot;Black people only&quot;

WTF do you think would happen if white people tried that? (again)
    Im sure it happens, they just dont put a sign up.

Think of it this way. Long ago, white people disliked black people because they thought they were inferior and only useful as slaves. They came up with a word to express their distaste - &quot;nigger.&quot;
    Actually, white people didn't invent the word. Niger is Latin for black; same pronunciation, nearly identical spelling.

Nowadays, neither word is particularily offensive to most people, unless it's said in a malicious way (and even then, cracka still makes me chuckle)
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast