Quantcast
my windows are frozen, and i mean FROZEN - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my windows are frozen, and i mean FROZEN

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by Slashin_
    theres solution that you can buy where you spray or wipe onto windows and acually helps to melt ice faster,also is awesom when raining
    I was watching tv the other day and it was one of those shows where the 2 women clean ur house! Anyways, this guy was shaving(his beard for the record) and the mirror was all foggy, so shes like put some "shaving cream" on ur hand and just wipe it all on the mirror and it wont fog. She also mentioned to do this at least once a month to prevent it from fogging!!

I havent tried this in the car, but it did work when i used it on the mirror in my bathroom. Its worth a shot i guess!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

funny to see people who are too dumb to turn their hvac recirc button off in the winter

they must wonder why everyone elses windows arn't iced up on the inside lol
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    W204

Just don't breath... That'll usually solve it. It's just condensation from moisture when you exhale, and it freezes on the window. I had that problem this morning on my way to work. There are a few things you need to do:

Your car needs to be warm before driving. Use the dash vents to warm up the window as well. If you start driving, the warn condensation on the inside and the cold window on the outside will surely fog it up instantly. And keep blowing the windshield until the entire car is warmed up. Otherwise, it'll just freeze again when you start going fast and the wind starts cooling down the window more (happened this morning too).

Second, yes, turn on the A/C. The A/C pulls out moisture.

Third, do not recirculate. That's asking for foggy windows.

If you drive with a cold interior, it'll surely fog the windows unless you stop breathing.

If you drive an old American POS with the weird ass complicated HVAC controls, then you're SOL. This is before they moved to the standard head, feet, head & feet, windshield & feet, windshield scheme. I look at those old controls (like the old Caravan) and I cringe. To this day I still have no clue how to operate it. What is your ride?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2