Quantcast
Then and Now - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Then and Now

My Ride
    1979 Trans Am, 93 civic si

there's nothing i hate worse than pearock.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by kertejud

One is religious, one is political, the fact both would support the same principles is mere coincidence.

Women's groups are not religious.

Thanks for clarifying that.

My point was, what makes a religious group "wrong" but other groups right? If they allow political or social groups to use university facilties, aren't they discriminating against religious groups by banning them?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I think as we get older things will change, because 90% of people our age I know think that some of the shit going on is BULLSHIT. I think that some of the people in government and business are to afraid to stand up for themselves.

My grandfather wouldnt have ever taken any of this shit and he is quite verbal about it. I wont either so I think winds of change are in motion.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Civic.

Originally posted by TKRIS

No shit.
    People wonder why most 16 year old "guys" all look like androgenous emo rejects with tight pants and girl belts.

I'll tell you why: It's because you raised him to be a little pussy, that's why.

Little boys need to be raised like little boys. You can't raise them like little girls.
    Boys are competitive, agressive, and physical. You can't just suppress their natural insticts that've been engrained for millions of years because they might bump into each other, fall down and get a bruise.

If I have a daughter, I'll raise her as a girl.
    If I have a son, I'll raise him as a boy.

If my son and your son are bullied in school, my son will kick some ass (and get suspended), and your overly sensitive, non-confrontational little pushover will find a dark corner to curl up in and cry (and grow up to wear women's underwear).

Which kid would you rather have?

Kris

EDIT: By "Your" I don't mean anyone in particular, just the collective "Your".
    Exactly!

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Sienna XLE

Originally posted by kertejud

I agree. My parents growing up under the harsh conditions of young Irish catholics didn't make my childhood any easier. My dad knew how to punish with physical force, my mother knew how to punish with guilt. Its hard to rebel when my dad was willing to spank me with heavy wooden objects and its hard to win argumetns when my mother could pull out the "we were forced to leave our home and country so that you could have a better life, and this is your gratitude" card. And yet I still turned out normal.
    Agreed

Physical punishment from my father (leather belts seemed to be the "hot item" for spanking children back in the late 80's)... the times when I had to stand in a corner with the lights turned off, just so they could scare the crap out of me... I even remember kneeling on a bed of rice cause I was disobeying my grandma... those punishments I could take. What I couldn't take were the guilt trips my parents would put me thru after the punishment... "There are kids out there that have no education and are starving & dying on the streets, you should be greatful of what you have!"

It really all depends on the kind of kids you have... But it is absolutely NECESSARY to punish your children for disobedience... whether physically or mentally... I know it worked for me

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

Yeah I'm going to feel really bad for my kids when they are in school.

So borrringg.......

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by Sprinter

Agreed

Physical punishment from my father (leather belts seemed to be the "hot item" for spanking children back in the late 80's)... the times when I had to stand in a corner with the lights turned off, just so they could scare the crap out of me... I even remember kneeling on a bed of rice cause I was disobeying my grandma... those punishments I could take. What I couldn't take were the guilt trips my parents would put me thru after the punishment... "There are kids out there that have no education and are starving & dying on the streets, you should be greatful of what you have!"

It really all depends on the kind of kids you have... But it is absolutely NECESSARY to punish your children for disobedience... whether physically or mentally... I know it worked for me
    I agree, my dad told me the same things and usually after he had smacked me or punched me. I don't look at it as abuse, I had it coming for doing something stupid. He only ever punched me once in full out force....after I told him to go fuck himself. I laugh about it now but it taught me a valuable lesson. My dad was still my dad after hitting me and I will never tell him that again, I respect him. Too many kids just don't have that respect because of not being beaten enough.

My Ride
    0.8 L of Diesel fury

You gotta find a balance between fear and love...My dad is the master of this. I really used to freak when I did something wrong because he would become really scary when angry and I did get hit every now and then...as has been said before, I don't take it as abuse.

The thing is your (future) wives will probably not let you discipline your kids that way.

My Ride
    My Crotch Rocket

True that niggers LOL

in 1963 i bet people say nigger for real and not as a joke, so i guess tehre is some good changes

My Ride
    1990 RB20S13

Originally posted by TKRIS

No shit.
    People wonder why most 16 year old "guys" all look like androgenous emo rejects with tight pants and girl belts.

I'll tell you why: It's because you raised him to be a little pussy, that's why.

Little boys need to be raised like little boys. You can't raise them like little girls.
    Boys are competitive, agressive, and physical. You can't just suppress their natural insticts that've been engrained for millions of years because they might bump into each other, fall down and get a bruise.

If I have a daughter, I'll raise her as a girl.
    If I have a son, I'll raise him as a boy.

If my son and your son are bullied in school, my son will kick some ass (and get suspended), and your overly sensitive, non-confrontational little pushover will find a dark corner to curl up in and cry (and grow up to wear women's underwear).

Which kid would you rather have?

Kris

EDIT: By "Your" I don't mean anyone in particular, just the collective "Your".
    Sounds like my little 11 year old brother. He sits ont he pc playing games all day and my folks refuse to let him outside to play since day one cause of 'bad k ids and sexual predoators".......

i remember being 11 year old kissing for the first time jumping my bike off a ramp fucking my knee, and then getting into fist fights with the east indians who moved into the 5 houses across the street every single damn day. Every damn day i went to bed, i went to bed happy knowing that i had a fun carefree day. Now its just fucking bullshit. this east indian fat k id from my bro's school pushed him on the playground after school this past summer.....all he did was PUSH him, my bro cam e running home to my mom crying his ass off like his parents died, and she consoled him, called the school, and raised a stink.

now what happens? he cries at everything, wont go outside and play cause 'he'll be beatup', is getting fat, and theres nothing they will do.

My Ride
    1990 RB20S13

now i dont exactly hate east indians, i hate how the majority of them had a major impact on our society in this city and country.

The percentage of caucasian children in my brothers school is 12%. Who is the minority now? They are not allowed to even hang the canadian flag up in the gym anymore. What the hell is that?

My Ride
    1990 RB20S13

and i bet theres going to be alot of beyonders flaming me for my post because i know the majority of you are east indian. Dont worry, im not insulting your culture , i'm insulting some of the people within it.

My Ride
    Upass

Originally posted by Evolize
    Sounds like my little 11 year old brother. He sits ont he pc playing games all day and my folks refuse to let him outside to play since day one cause of 'bad k ids and sexual predoators".......

i remember being 11 year old kissing for the first time jumping my bike off a ramp fucking my knee, and then getting into fist fights with the east indians who moved into the 5 houses across the street every single damn day. Every damn day i went to bed, i went to bed happy knowing that i had a fun carefree day. Now its just fucking bullshit. this east indian fat k id from my bro's school pushed him on the playground after school this past summer.....all he did was PUSH him, my bro cam e running home to my mom crying his ass off like his parents died, and she consoled him, called the school, and raised a stink.

now what happens? he cries at everything, wont go outside and play cause 'he'll be beatup', is getting fat, and theres nothing they will do.
    As the older brother you have some say in how your younger brother grows up. If hes whinning about the smallest things, then teach him a lesson, be the older brother and beat him up. I am serious, you can teach him a lesson and not have to worry about abuse, older brothers have that right. Also I would just like to say that I am the younger brother in my family so I am talking from that perspective.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

You don't have to beat up your younger brother, the threat of asskickings will often suffice. My younger bro knows damn well that if he goes emo, every day becomes Emo Kid Beatdown Day.

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    You don't have to beat up your younger brother, the threat of asskickings will often suffice. My younger bro knows damn well that if he goes emo, every day becomes Emo Kid Beatdown Day.
    Priceless, and yes I beat my brother for starting to comb his hair like an emo. He learned real quick that a clean hair cut is so much better.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Both my brothers and I have fought. We used to beat the shit out of each other all the time but it stopped when we got older. Very rarely do we hit each other out of anger, but then again, we don't get together very often anymore, so we're usually not fighting.

My parents never hit me, and I'm not pussy, so you don't need a beating as a youngin to toughen you up... guess I had my brothers.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

haha even ill come and knock some sence in to kelly god damnit kid... it would be wierd to see him with black hair instead of blonde...

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    12 TL

6 years ago when I was in gr. 6, I got suspended for slapping a girl on the ass, while we were walking to the library. Although the girl was my friend, i still got suspended. Haha four days off school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3