Quantcast
Being tortured by The BRICK, Help!!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Being tortured by The BRICK, Help!!!

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by oz388

Hi Kris, thanks, normally I should pay 100% for sofa if I return the loveseat for my reason. But in this case, Brick took our money for over 4 month, couldn't make the loveseat, telling us to forget it plus an additional charge of $700 in order to return the loveseat money back?!

It's like cheating or scam, isn't it?? They took everyone's money and make interest in Bank, after a while they call everyone that their orders are gone, so to get the money back you have to pay additional money...

Also, how to be loud effectively?...You should see that manager and her followers sh*tty faces and attitude, makes me want to shoot my gun...
    Perhaps I misunderstood.
    If you paid $2,000 for a sofa and loveseat, and you're returning the sofa and loveseat, they have to return $2,000 to you.

As far as them holding the money for 4 months; let it go. There's no way you're going to be able to penalize them for your inconvenience without taking it to court, and I doubt it'd be worth your while to go through all that hassle. Plus, you might lose.

No, make them refund your total amount, and make them return the chair. The store manager is a nobody. Ask to speak to regional managers. Ask to speak to provincial managers. Ask to speak to the president. Keep making noise and moving up the authority ladder until someone caves in. In the meantime, follow through and see if you can't get some media attention to use as leverage.
    The only way you're going to get your way is to make them see that it's easier to refund your money than to deal with you anymore.

$0.02
    Kris

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

I worked at Sears through college, and I'll testify to the fact that if you complain loud enough, and to the right people, you'll get what you want, regardless
    as to whether or not your entitled to it (and you certainly seem to be).
    I worked there too and I found that the same thing would happen. Hell, we had regulars that would "rent" lawn tractors from us every summer just to return them in winter.
    But if you bitch enough you get what you want...at least with sears you do.

and do what the guy above me suggested. it is the best advice I have heard on this forum in awhile.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

I actually think it makes sense what the brick is doing. Since you didn't buy the love seat, the sofa wouldn't be 50% off. The only thing they should have done is add some interest on top of the payment they held for the love seat.

but sick the media on them and see what happens haha

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

I worked there too and I found that the same thing would happen. Hell, we had regulars that would "rent" lawn tractors from us every summer just to return them in winter.
    But if you bitch enough you get what you want...at least with sears you do.
    Ohhh the stories I could tell about Sears...
    There was a guy who got furious at me because I wouldn't honor his warranty on a 1 1/2 old lawn mower...

You see, apparently a picture of an oil can and a picture of a gas pump just look way too much alike, and he'd filled his gas tank with oil. Then tried to start it. Then got mad when it wouldn't start. Then got really mad when I told him that the warranty didn't cover "stupid."

Kris

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Just return it all. I'm sure you dad can find another couch he likes.

If they won't let you return the whole set, then you've got a problem.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by TKRIS

You see, apparently a picture of an oil can and a picture of a gas pump just look way too much alike, and he'd filled his gas tank with oil. Then tried to start it. Then got mad when it wouldn't start. Then got really mad when I told him that the warranty didn't cover "stupid."

that made me and my friend laugh today haha

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: Being tortured by The BRICK, Help!!!

Originally posted by oz388
    Hi guys, please allow me to explain the story here.

Back to August 2006, my parents bought a sofa set from The Brick for our new home. The deal in Brick was "when you purchase a Loveseat at regular price and receive a Sofa for 50% OFF"...

As usual we paid everything ($1299 for the Loveseat and $700 for the Sofa since its 50% off). We received the Sofa but not the Loveseat, about 4 month of waiting the Brick finally called us saying the factory not making that Loveseat anymore so we can return it now. It such a very bad news to us since my love this sofa set and we even bought matching Sofa Chair another day after we bought the Loveseat and Sofa.

This morning my dad went to the Brick to return the Loveseat (the one was never been made since we paid at 4 month ago), the manager said we need to add another $700 for the sofa if we return the Loveseat because you only have the sofa so it's no longer 50% off...WTF...We think this is not fair at all because on the receipt the Loveseat is $1299 and Sofa is $700, why should we pay another $700 in order to return the Loveseat ($1299)? Plus it's not our fault to return it.

Then my dad said to the manager that we want to return both Loveseat and sofa plus the matching sofa chair we bought separately since it will not match the room anymore. The Manager said we can not return the Chair since it is not purchase on the same day...

In this case, Brick hold our money for more than 4 month and not getting us anything, then we'r forced to return the sofa set. Brick also made lot of difficults to us if we accept the return.

Anyone please advice us what should we do? What rights do we have in this case? My parents and me don't speak english very well and the people in Brick are very inurbane to us, we could not argue them in the store.

Thank you so much!

Its the Brick......what do you expect?
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Honda

I've had horrible experiences with the Brick.
    Well just one actually, and I'll never go back because of it. Their policy is to take your money as soon as possible, then forget you exist and hope you die choking on your own frustration.

Now, I buy all of my furniture from smaller, more personal stores.
    Or Ikea. Fuck the Brick.

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Originally posted by TKRIS

I worked at Sears through college, and I'll testify to the fact that if you complain loud enough, and to the right people, you'll get what you want, regardless
    as to whether or not your entitled to it (and you certainly seem to be).
    The Brick != Sears. I doubt that The Brick cares about customer satisfaction too any large degree. They make their money from new customers and/or people that can't get credit elsewhere.

Originally posted by pyar_deewane
    Leons baby
    Isn't Leons just The Brick in yellow, rather than red?

My Ride
    1997 BMW 328i Convertible

Default Small Debts Court

The purchase agreement you entered into was for xyz. The Brick failed to supply xyz therefore breach.

Tell the store manager he is in breach of contract, that you are taking this to "small debts court" and that his sofa is on sidewalk by the front door.

Go to small debts court, pay 100 bucks to sue the bastards.

Serve the writ by registered mail.

Go to court, state your case and you'll win your judgement.

Collecting on the judgement is another process though.

Good luck and f*ck the Brick.

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

The Brick is the dumbest store to buy from for anything. its a trashy store to conveince yuppies and idiots for deals.

just go to some furintiure outlet,

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

As posted by 99% of posters above...STAY AWAY FROM THE BRICK. Shadiest company ever.

My Ride
    2000 Celica GT

Shame on the Brick! Thats so damn scandalous.

Any company that seems to always have a Sale has got to be shady.
    "First you Get the Money, then you Get the Power, then you Get the Women."

I agree. Avoid THE BRICK. LOW PRICES BUT HORRENDOUS SERVICE!

I bought a Living room set (Sofa, Loveseat, Recliner) because they gave a free TV and we needed something new to go with our new floor. When they brought the sofa out of the truck, they dropped it and broke the plastic knobs on the bottom. I only noticed after I moved the sofa out to find a gouge now scrape in my brand new floor.

They gave me $150 for the floor after about 3 months of dealing with their Customer service department. They still promised to get some replacement plastic knobs to cover the screws but I still haven't received them. I had to by some thick felt funiture pads and triple up so the bolts wouldn't scratch the floor.

THAT WAS NOTHING:

My parents bought about $15,000 worth of stuff from them because they bought a house in Calgary and were moving from Ft. McMurray. THey ordered and paid for everything in September and so everything would be there by October when they took posession. To this date they are still missing stuff and they are quoting December 15th now. Furthermore they only gave them 3 months to pay for it. They took the money but never delivered the goods. For example, they had the audacity to bring mattresses without box springs and told my parents to put them on the floor and sleep on them until they could get the boxsprings.

Long story short my parents had a enough and returned a full livingroom set including big screen tv and won't buy there again but I tell you they almost seem like they simply place the order to the manufacturer after you place your order with The Brick. It should be called The Brick No Wharehouse because they don't stock anything!

I know the prices and promos are tempting but avoid The Brick & try elsewhere (Living Room Depot, United Furniture, Leon's or something) if you wnat to avoid hassles.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

WOW!! Sorry to say guys I'm so happy I havn't had to be the guinea pig to test if the Brick is good or not!

My mom bought all our furniture from two places, one was Ethan Allen and the other was Chinch and Company. Both were excellent and we had to order our stuff from Europe from the factory. They apologized constantly for how long things took and probably took no more than 4 months to get everything from tables, couches, chairs etc. I highly recommend both of these guys!
    Ultracrepidarian

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    I actually think it makes sense what the brick is doing. Since you didn't buy the love seat, the sofa wouldn't be 50% off. The only thing they should have done is add some interest on top of the payment they held for the love seat.

but sick the media on them and see what happens haha
    No, you have it wrong. They paid $1300 for the loveseat and $700 for the couch, for a total of $2000. The fact that he didn't take delivery of the loveseat is irrelevant, he paid for it. When he returns the sofa, they are taking the couch at full price, which is $700 more than he paid. So, instead of getting $2000 back, they are giving him $1300 back. Absolute BS IMO. Fuck the Brick. I bet it's the Mac Trail location, everyone that works there is stupid and shady.

Originally posted by msommers

My mom bought all our furniture from two places, one was Ethan Allen and the other was Chinch and Company.
    If you can pony up the dough, Ethan Allen is excellent. They don't sell much worth buying under $500, but their stuff is quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2