Quantcast
FS: 61" JVC D-ILA HDTV Calibrated! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FS: 61" JVC D-ILA HDTV Calibrated!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default FS: 61" JVC D-ILA HDTV Calibrated!

I'm selling my living room TV. It's the JVC HD-61Z886, 61" LCOS HDTV. The website for the specs are here:

http://www.jvc.ca/en/consumer/archiv...odel=HD-61Z886

I'm selling this because I'm upgrading to the 70" version of the same TV. There's simply too many people over on hockey nights, and I need to move up so I can have people around the corners and get the same viewing experience as the guy in the middle.

I've owned many TV's, and this is by far my favorite. The room it sits in faces about 14 windows (not kidding haha) and is constantly bombarded by the sun. This is the ONLY TV, after trying about 8 different models, that you can still see with the sun shining DIRECTLY onto the screen. It's a bright motherfucker! The only downside to this brightness is that at night, it's tough to watch with all the lights off. You'll be crying after about half an hour from eye strain, so you HAVE to watch this TV at night with surrounding lights on. This TV is perfect for people who want a huge TV in a bright room, but didn't consider rear projection because they can't be viewed with too much sun. You get brightness that surpasses most flat panels, and a good price/size/performance ratio of rear projection.

Here's a review of the TV when it first came out.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/rearpr...ontvs/1204jvc/

When I fired up the HD-61Z575, the first thing I noticed was the blinding light. Searing a 16:9 box into your retinas seems to be the HD-61Z575's primary goal. After a brief setup process, this TV measured 166 foot-lamberts. To put that in perspective, movies at your local theater are around 15 ft-L (if you're lucky), and a bright direct-view TV could be upwards of 50 ft-L. Even some of the brighter microdisplays barely break 100 ft-L. And, because LCOS doesn't burn-in like plasma or CRT, it can do 166 ft-L all day long every day until you need to replace the bulb.

What can you do with this much light? You can use the HD-61Z575 as a flashlight. It only weighs 98 pounds, so shining it around isn't too difficult if you work out, as I do. Try doing that with a 61-inch plasma. (The last one of those we had in for review weighed almost as much as I do. I lied about working out.) The end result of having the light output of an arc welder is a contrast ratio that's pretty good for a microdisplay.
    As with all the other TV's I've sold, this TV has been white balanced and calibrated by me (costs about $700 to do all the inputs by a ISF tech), so plug in any source and it'll look amazing. The perceived contrast ratio on this TV isn't as rich as the SXRD, it sits somewhere between the Sony LCD rear projections and the SXRD (closer to the SXRD).

Asking price on this TV is $2200. Taking my time selling this, cuz the 70" is on backorder right now.

Pics of the beast. Excuse the blurryness, didn't have a tripod haha. Colors are actually more vivid than the pics, camera just can't capture how it looks accurately.

Scene from Kill Bill

HD Hockey (Flames @ Coyotes)

Pic with flash so you can see what TV physically looks like
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I can definitely vouch for this TV. It looks pretty fuckin good, spanks our Samsung 52" DLP even for color and definitely is better then our LG 48" for clarity.

My Ride
    your mom

JVC HD-61Z575 61-Inch Rear Projection HDTV Television has been discontinued from the manufacturer. You have been forwarded to the replacement model.

JVC HD-61Z886 61-Inch Rear Projection HDTV Television
    Please Note: Because of this product's dimensions, it must be shipped via truck. To ensure your order is not delayed, please select truck shipping method when you checkout. For express delivery please call us at 1-800-862-9082.

Our Unbeatable Price: $1,811.00

Availability: In Stock

I offer you 50% off that price since yours is used?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

$900? You got a deal! Wait... sorry man, their website lists their price as unbeatable, so it'd be wrong for me to beat it .

But hey, if u think A&M will ship that TV to Canada, go ahead and buy that TV from them.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Damn...

Why didn't you tell me you were going to sell it? I wouldn't have ordered the SXRD and bought this one. You take credit card?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you want to pay credit card, either buy me a Futureshop giftcard for the amount, or come with me to pay for the 70" JVC and you can put however much you want to pay onto my new TV. I'll be getting it from FS.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump, dropped price.

My Ride
    DUBZ

As with all the other TV's I've sold, this TV has been white balanced and calibrated by me (costs about $700 to do all the inputs by a ISF tech), so plug in any source and it'll look amazing. The perceived contrast ratio on this TV isn't as rich as the SXRD, it sits somewhere between the Sony LCD rear projections and the SXRD (closer to the SXRD).

how do you do that calibrate a tv like u mentioned?? any info would be great

bump....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Either with a good eye, or with the right equipment.

You can hire someone to come over and do it. One of the best guys in the country is from Calgary.

Michael Chen (Michael TLV)
    The Laser Video Experience
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    (403) 254-8948
    [email protected]

My Ride
    DUBZ

^^^ hmm this service cost approxx $700bux???

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Maybe more if u have more inputs. Depends on the TV as well, since some TV's only have a global RGB high/mid/low setting and not on a per-input basis. Money well spent, if you want vibrant ACCURATE colors. You know how when you watch a movie, and the white guys all look sunburnt? The best example is CSI Miami. It's uses very over saturated effect to give it that Miami look, and more often than not, there's too much red in the base TV calibrations, so while everything looks vibrant, white guys look sunburnt, reddish hue.

TV manufacturers push Red more because it makes the TV look more vibrant in showrooms when comparing TV's side by side. With greyscale calibration, after it's done, you'll still get jaw dropping vibrant colors, but it'll be correct, so white guys look normal.

If you come to my house and watch any of my TV's on a hockey night, everyone notices how white the ice is. Not off white blue or red, but actual white. Makes a HUGE difference for hockey cuz of white ice.

The equipment to do the calibration is pretty expensive. Also, it can take up to 2 hrs to fully calibrate everything, hence the high price.

There's some ghetto solutions that I've used before to save on the cost... a Camera and tripod with a white reference on the screen and oddly enough, my mom, who has super good eyes from being in the photo business all her life. The camera on tripod calibration method, I was 85% accurate. When my mom came over and helped out, it was up to 95% accurate. Then I got all the equipment to do it, and was only 5% off from actual white balance.

My Ride
    6th gen accord

the godzilla of television.
    good luck with the sale

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

^Any Warranty left on this bad boy?...whats the depth on it approx

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

*ahem*

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php...data&item=1&s=

16. # Excessive bumping will result in a closed thread (once a week TOPS).
    17."bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post

Just cause you own the place, do you think that makes you special?

My Ride
    STi

is this a LCD?

My Ride
    TDI

LCOS = Liquid Crystal on Silicon = LCD.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

LCOS is totally different than LCD. I'd like to see a LCD rear projection match any LCOS in terms of quality.

My Ride
    DUBZ

wow i just got my tv calibrated by this micheal chen guy rage2 mentioned .... oh man trust me....this is money very very well spent!!!!! the picture on the tv looks soooooo real and sooo natural that it seems like you can just jump into the tv set..... I paid just a lil under $800 to get this service done.... soo this tv rage2 is selling is a SMOKIN DEAL!!!!.

bump....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast