Quantcast
Protein Drink Mix & Supplements - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Protein Drink Mix & Supplements

Default Protein Drink Mix & Supplements

Anyone know of any protein drink mix that actually taste's good with juice? I hear there are certain brands now that are specifically for mixing with juice, but have yet to come across any. I can't stand drinking it with milk.... It doesn't help that I am allergic to dairy eithier. (Looking for about 25-40g protein per drink -- usually 1 or 2 scoops. I think my old one was 63g serving per 40g of protein)

Also wondering if anyone tried out Hydroxycut? And if so, does it really have an effect?
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

I think I can handle making that amount of protien a day... But just to be safe, you might wanna give GTS Jeff a call...

Originally posted by TurboDSM
    I think I can handle making that amount of protien a day... But just to be safe, you might wanna give GTS Jeff a call...
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

You can use WATER too, doesn't mess up the flavour.

Don't know about juice, maybe go with Vanilla or Fruit flavour, Chocolate is probably pretty gross.

Another option is the Golds place has these Designer Whey drinks that are fruit-flavoured, like Kool-Aid/Juice in individual bottles and they have decent protein, but they're $5 a single serving bottle.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    a wrx.

sorry my protein shake is for the womens only.

Are protein suppliments really needed? I keep on hearing that you'll get all the protein you need from the amount of meat you're supposed to eat everyday.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Are protein suppliments really needed? I keep on hearing that you'll get all the protein you need from the amount of meat you're supposed to eat everyday.
    Hahaha..yeah that's what old school doctors say. Do you actually eat 3-5 palm sized servings of meat per day? Doubtful. Who has the time to cook 4 proper meals a day? Even that crazy mom off 7th Heaven doesn't have time LOL That is why the protein supplements are used, to SUPPLEMENT our daily eating habits.

My Ride
    94acc-ExR

MAMMOTH, interactive weight gain protein (chocolate) tastes really good with milk in a blender... it works good to

i get it from nutrition house in southcenter

Mammoth 2500? Yeah that one actually tastes good with water too (the guy is lactose intolerant remember??)

Not a bad choice, lots of carbs too, it is more like a meal replacement/weightgainer than a strict protein shake.

My Ride
    94acc-ExR

ya mamoth 2500.... it has 150 g/carbs, and 50g/protein per serving. weight gainers are all high in carbs, but you still get all your protein if you eat lots of meat/eggs etc.

and ya its filling you can drink one if your hungry during the day its perfect

My Ride
    2004 Yukon Denali

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Hahaha..yeah that's what old school doctors say. Do you actually eat 3-5 palm sized servings of meat per day? Doubtful. Who has the time to cook 4 proper meals a day? Even that crazy mom off 7th Heaven doesn't have time LOL That is why the protein supplements are used, to SUPPLEMENT our daily eating habits.
    Palm sized servings?? Where did you hear that? If you want to maintain muscle mass, you need to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, and to gain any muscle you should be consuming 1.5 grams - 2.0 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Get most of your protein intake from tuna, chicken breasts, lean beef and turkey, and egg whites. 1 - 2 protein shakes per day, can be ingested to "supplement" the protein you're already taking in from food sources.

I hope this helps.

Ummm...Palm-sized meaning a pice of meat the SIZE OF YOUR PALM is about one serving of meat...clear yet? And who honestly (besides wieghtlifters ) actually eats that much? Do you know how much that costs to maintain the "diet" you quoted? The info you state is correct and very useful but not a plan for an average person who does more than just work out. Daily life will interfere with that plan unless you are a dedicated weightlifter, hence why most people take steroids, to get there without as much work. (and also to compensate for other inadequacies)

Not trying to argue, you are correct.