Quantcast
16 yr old girl dead because of idiot 20 yr old driver - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 16 yr old girl dead because of idiot 20 yr old driver

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

RIP

My Ride
    German

"The tractor trailer ran over the passenger side of the car ... the young woman was pronounced dead at the scene."

The tractor trailer, which was travelling about 80 km/h, dragged the car for hundreds of metres before the driver was able to bring the truck to a stop, he said.
    That's kind of disturbing... so sad.

I wonder if they'll release her name anytime soon.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

RIP to the girl....

My thoughts go to the girl's parents and family.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

There are other possibilities.

- She could have been misled by her boyfriend, and she didn't have the experience to know how drunk he was. How does she know if her bf is at the legal limit, or just over the limit and enough to be charged?

- She could have been way too drunk herself, or even already passed out and he put her into the car.
    Sorry, no sympathy for either possibility. When it comes to important matters like this, you have to look out for #1. That means keeping tabs on your driver at parties and what not. At 17, she should have known better. And from personal experience, guys dont just decide one day to speed like a crazy person and drive like a retard. If she had driven with him before she should have known he drove like that, sober or not.

There are too many variables in this situation and most of them lead to her as well as him making really stupid decisions. They didn't make mistakes, they made decisions. There's not too much that can be said as an excuse.

As I said though, no one deserved to die for this, not in a million years. RIP to her, she died way too young. My heart is with her family and friends (the unfortunate victims in the situation) and I hope the driver learns his lesson and has to carry this guilt with him for the rest of his life.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Poor truck driver. He's going to live with this for no reason.

Poor girl for picking the wrong guy.

No sympathy for the kid. He doesn't seem to feel too guilty by fleeing not only from an accident, also from a dying friend. Hope he goes to jail and let the boys in there to teach him how to treat a girl friend.

My Ride
    rental

So did they ever catch him?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Whitetiger
    So did they ever catch him?
    yeah, cops picked him up down the road. What the hell was he thinking?

My Ride
    rental

Maybe he was on something else too

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Whitetiger
    Maybe he was on something else too
    Idiocy isn't a drug sorry, there's no cure for that one
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

what a dipshit, he ran away from the scene after killing his gf. i'm glad he's over 18 so he can be trialed as an adult. what a dumb kid.

rip to the young girl...

Originally posted by Melinda

Sorry, no sympathy for either possibility. When it comes to important matters like this, you have to look out for #1. That means keeping tabs on your driver at parties and what not. At 17, she should have known better. And from personal experience, guys dont just decide one day to speed like a crazy person and drive like a retard. If she had driven with him before she should have known he drove like that, sober or not.

There are too many variables in this situation and most of them lead to her as well as him making really stupid decisions. They didn't make mistakes, they made decisions. There's not too much that can be said as an excuse.

As I said though, no one deserved to die for this, not in a million years. RIP to her, she died way too young. My heart is with her family and friends (the unfortunate victims in the situation) and I hope the driver learns his lesson and has to carry this guilt with him for the rest of his life.
    Well thanks getting your $0.02 in from your holier-than-thou pedistool just to say "I have no sympahty for her." Like I said before, good for you that you don't drink at all, all the more power to you for that. But who really cares that you 'have no sympathy for' for how she got herself into this unfortunate fatal mistake?

Geez it almost sounds like you're bitter at people who go out and party and have friends who arn't dorks and would sit around an IB 'party' (term used loosely in this case) and swap band camp stories. Normal people in high school do make bad decisions, especially at parties, especially while drunk, and most of the time are definately not aware of the risks they are taking due to their age and inexperience.

Yeah, she made a stupid decision... hindsight is always 20/20 but during the moment there was alcohol involved (it was her b.day) and peer pressure... she might not have had the self confidence to stand up for herself and make a sound decision. Many girls in high school don't, and will do a lot of stupid shit to avoid the eye of scrutiny from the group. Surely something that would come with age, unforate that she will never get that chance.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Well thanks getting your $0.02 in from your holier-than-thou pedistool just to say "I have no sympahty for her." Like I said before, good for you that you don't drink at all, all the more power to you for that. But who really cares that you 'have no sympathy for' for how she got herself into this unfortunate fatal mistake?

Geez it almost sounds like you're bitter at people who go out and party and have friends who arn't dorks and would sit around an IB 'party' (term used loosely in this case) and swap band camp stories. Normal people in high school do make bad decisions, especially at parties, especially while drunk, and most of the time are definately not aware of the risks they are taking due to their age and inexperience.

Yeah, she made a stupid decision... hindsight is always 20/20 but during the moment there was alcohol involved (it was her b.day) and peer pressure... she might not have had the self confidence to stand up for herself and make a sound decision. Many girls in high school don't, and will do a lot of stupid shit to avoid the eye of scrutiny from the group. Surely something that would come with age, unforate that she will never get that chance.
    No where did I say I had no sympathy for HER. I said I had no sympathy for either possible situation described by the poster I quoted. My third paragraph did express sympathy for her and her family/friends. It was a dumb decision to get into the car with him, and I'm not the only one in this thread who has said so.

My Ride
    TSX

Another stupid idiot.

But at the same time, even though there are innocent victims such as this young girl in this accident, IMO it is still partially their own fault. They are the ones who decided to step in the vehicle with a drunk driver in the end and let them drive them. They have to accept partial responsibility for that. Yes it is another story if a drunk driver hits another vehicle and the passengers in that vehicle get injured/die but passengers in the own drivers vehicle have their own decision to ride in that car or take a cab.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

I agree with Super_Geo, im just fresh out of highschool and still party pretty hard. Many people especially girls get so completely annihilated they really have absolutely no clue what they're doing. It can't really be said this poor girl made a bad decision because chances are she didn't even make her own decision.

My Ride
    Civic

I think all this taken into account, we have all been there, drunk outta our minds. I dont know about you, maybe im completely different, but i still have some sence as to what is and isnt a smart decision. IF im partying with ym friend all night, we get loaded, then he tries to drive home. I would probably fight him, knowing that when you are drunk you take things differently.

Just terrible, i know its said over and over and over, but how hard is it to take a cab, call for a ride, or just stay the night.

So sad...Rip
    C-23-H

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Originally posted by jumperman8
    I think all this taken into account, we have all been there, drunk outta our minds. I dont know about you, maybe im completely different, but i still have some sence as to what is and isnt a smart decision. IF im partying with ym friend all night, we get loaded, then he tries to drive home. I would probably fight him, knowing that when you are drunk you take things differently.

Just terrible, i know its said over and over and over, but how hard is it to take a cab, call for a ride, or just stay the night.

So sad...Rip

Originally posted by Melinda
    Yes, you said it yourself. There are too many variables and you shouldn't judge her as stupid without knowing all the facts.

Have some respect and at least give her the benefit of the doubt. It's his actions that are the major contributing factors to what unfolded that night, not hers.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Have some respect and at least give her the benefit of the doubt. It's his actions that are the major contributing factors to what unfolded that night, not hers.
    Gotta agree 100% with ya there.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Sparx
    I agree with Super_Geo, im just fresh out of highschool and still party pretty hard. Many people especially girls get so completely annihilated they really have absolutely no clue what they're doing. It can't really be said this poor girl made a bad decision because chances are she didn't even make her own decision.
    Im gonna have to disagree with that in that she made the decision to get THAT drunk (assuming that was the case)...and unfortunetly, too many kids in our society are doing this and end up doing stupid things like getting knocked up or getting an STD, or climbing into a vehicle with a drunk driver and killing people...we really need to start educating kids about how to drink responsibly...we havent done a good enough job

but yeah...its unfortunate that she put her trust in this fucker to take her home safely

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

it's called parenting.. they really need a program to educate parents on HOW to parent their kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast