Quantcast
16 yr old girl dead because of idiot 20 yr old driver - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 16 yr old girl dead because of idiot 20 yr old driver

My Ride
    rental

+1 for blaming idiot parents

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Yeah, no shit. Kids need to learn about consequences or eventually they will learn about it the hard way.

Parents aren't really put enough time into teaching their kids valuable lessons, unfrotunately in these cases they are learning it on their own and the hard way.

My Ride
    09 GMC Sierra SLT

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    it's called parenting.. they really need a program to educate parents on HOW to parent their kids.
    For all the teenagers out there, maybe 5% listen to their parents. Most of them think they "own the world" and that "nothing will happen to them". Been there, done that.

Unfortunately with this incident someone had to die. Drinking and driving is stupid and the driver should face the full extent of the law.

There were bad decisions made by the girl and by the guy, and she paid the ultimate price with her life thanks to the stupid decision by the guy to drive while intoxicated.

R.I.P.

My Ride
    Various

why'd he run - it was his car

My Ride
    cts-v, 03 envoy

Originally posted by jay42w8
    reminds me of my friends friend who crashed while drunk, girlfriend died...so he killed himself on the scene...at least that dude had some remorse
    Did this happen in Edmonton?

My Ride
    no

My girlfriend knew this girl. The girl actually went to my high school 2 years ago, never knew hear but alot of people i know did. pretty sad dieing so young, she shouldnt have got in the car, but i cant blame her though, its her boyfriend shes suppose to "trust him". Guy is an idiot i hope he rots everyday he is in his prison cell, because he will go to prison.

My Ride
    12 TL

Originally posted by essential.mix
    My girlfriend knew this girl. The girl actually went to my high school 2 years ago, never knew hear but alot of people i know did. pretty sad dieing so young, she shouldnt have got in the car, but i cant blame her though, its her boyfriend shes suppose to "trust him". Guy is an idiot i hope he rots everyday he is in his prison cell, because he will go to prison.
    He should get raped by his cell mates. All this D&D is growing so fast, I feel sorry for the girl. One less drunk driver on the road.

Originally posted by DoubleLP

For all the teenagers out there, maybe 5% listen to their parents. Most of them think they "own the world" and that "nothing will happen to them". Been there, done that.

Unfortunately with this incident someone had to die. Drinking and driving is stupid and the driver should face the full extent of the law.

There were bad decisions made by the girl and by the guy, and she paid the ultimate price with her life thanks to the stupid decision by the guy to drive while intoxicated.

R.I.P.
    I agree with this too. They also think "Life is too short, live everyday like it's the last" kinda thing.
    Last edited by BoS_DC2; 12-22-2006 at 08:12 AM.

I knew this girl, and the worst part was that i just found out today that it was her that was in the passenger seat with him

Man was she a bubbly character, went to elementary and junior high with her.

This really sucks especially when it hits close.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Melinda

Sorry, no sympathy for either possibility. When it comes to important matters like this, you have to look out for #1. That means keeping tabs on your driver at parties and what not. At 17, she should have known better. And from personal experience, guys dont just decide one day to speed like a crazy person and drive like a retard. If she had driven with him before she should have known he drove like that, sober or not.

There are too many variables in this situation and most of them lead to her as well as him making really stupid decisions. They didn't make mistakes, they made decisions. There's not too much that can be said as an excuse.

As I said though, no one deserved to die for this, not in a million years. RIP to her, she died way too young. My heart is with her family and friends (the unfortunate victims in the situation) and I hope the driver learns his lesson and has to carry this guilt with him for the rest of his life.
    Who the fuck are you, really, to talk about stupidity for either situation. The girl is dead because of someone else's stupid decisions; I find it hard to fault her for making a responsible decision of being driven home. Her intoxication probably made it almost impossible for her to judge whether her boyfriend was sober or not.

The girl, who would have been 18 just over a week later, was completely crushed beneath the back four wheels of the Semi, requiring 3 tow trucks and several hours to free the vehicle and then her. Her boyfriend, being a sleaze, ran. He deserved whateever fate that Karma, God, a big black guy named Ben, or all of the above will give him.

But how can you come on to this forum, of which there are real people behind the monitor at the other end, and talk about how there's no sympathy for either possibility. Next time you get drunk at a party, make damn sure that you're on your DD's ass all night, since clearly the DD needs to be monitored by those that are drinking.

Not only does that defeat the purpose of a DD, but that defeats the purpose of going out and libating at all. I suppose the irony of your words really hit home on that day, but I still find you quite disgusting to come preach with so little remorse or understanding.

Though I pray that no harm will come to you in similar circumstances, I do hope that some day you show a little compassion and perhaps some empathy- or you may find life long, cold, and hard.

Regards.

My Ride
    2009 Mitsu Lancer, 2004 Triumph Daytona

Definatly parents need to be taught a lesson

You guys have to take into perspective that news coverage is bullshit, and they only ever have half the thruth of a story. My brother went through this a couple years ago. The media blew the whole story way out of porportion and said he hit a cop while drinking and driving and ran away. Which is complete crap because his car was 10 feet from the cops vehicle, he hadnt had a lick of alchohol to drink, and he definatly didnt run. He was found not guilty, but that just shows you what the media can do.

Anyway, drinking and driving is arguable bullshit. Everyone should have to blow before their car can start, it should be an option that all vehicles must carry.

Also, this guy was probably very panicked and didnt know what to do, so give him a break. Unless you know the full story, NEVER believe the news, they are garbage. Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt until the court system claims he is either guilty or not guilty.

Please dont drink and drive over the holidays, and please, dont believe anything the news reports!

ps: My sympothy for all that knew her, this is such a tragic thing. RIP. I know how it is when you lose a close friend to Drinking and Driving.
    Last edited by kylemitz; 12-24-2006 at 12:21 PM.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by A790
    Who the fuck are you, really, to talk about stupidity for either situation.

Why do you have to swear??...she shared her thoughts and you have to swear at her and cut her down to disagree??...Her views are just that her views. Just as your views are your views. Now one side may be entirely jaded, but isn't that the point of a forum?? Yeah I thought so too. But to blatantly just come out and swear at her for a differeing view than yours. You obviously do not know her...And perhaps she's been in a situation to know both.

I'm sorry...you didn't get past Jr. High did you??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by kylemitz
    Unless you know the full story, NEVER believe the news, they are garbage. Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt until the court system claims he is either guilty or not guilty.

Please dont drink and drive over the holidays, and please, dont believe anything the news reports!

ps: My sympothy for all that knew her, this is such a tragic thing. RIP. I know how it is when you lose a close friend to Drinking and Driving.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    00 Gmc Jimmy

All I can say to this thread is people on beyond please for god sakes please do not drink and drive this year if it means waiting an extra hour for a ride or a cab please do so..

We hate to hear of these stories and would VERY much hate to hear of a beyonder that this could happen to..

Take Care All...

My Ride

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Clearly I never passed Jr High

Comments like hers bother me simply because they come down from a "higher than thou" attitude, and it's never long before the exact same person starts whining about something similar happening to them. The point of my post is that, regardless of whether each side deserves it or not, some compassion never hurt anybody.

It bothered me quite a bit because I've lost two people I've known recently (that girl, a good friend of mine here in Ontario) to the same kind of dumb accident. Pardon me for getting emotional.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Comments like hers bother me simply because they come down from a "higher than thou" attitude, and it's never long before the exact same person starts whining about something similar happening to them. The point of my post is that, regardless of whether each side deserves it or not, some compassion never hurt anybody.

It bothered me quite a bit because I've lost two people I've known recently (that girl, a good friend of mine here in Ontario) to the same kind of dumb accident. Pardon me for getting emotional.

Dude, look first off...I am sorry for your losses. I too have lost people and I know the pain and emptiness it does leave. But, having said that emotional is one thing...but cutting her down for a viewpoint she holds thats not right...The way you phrased your point now, not only sounds a lot better but would also reverberate in more people than starting off by swearing and cutting someone down.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride

Dude, look first off...I am sorry for your losses. I too have lost people and I know the pain and emptiness it does leave. But, having said that emotional is one thing...but cutting her down for a viewpoint she holds thats not right...The way you phrased your point now, not only sounds a lot better but would also reverberate in more people than starting off by swearing and cutting someone down.
    True that. When I read her first line my jaw hit my keyboard. I figured if I was gonna get pissed I may as well go big or go home.

My Ride
    Highlander

Who the fuck are you, really, to talk about stupidity for either situation. The girl is dead because of someone else's stupid decisions; I find it hard to fault her for making a responsible decision of being driven home. Her intoxication probably made it almost impossible for her to judge whether her boyfriend was sober or not.

The girl, who would have been 18 just over a week later, was completely crushed beneath the back four wheels of the Semi, requiring 3 tow trucks and several hours to free the vehicle and then her. Her boyfriend, being a sleaze, ran. He deserved whateever fate that Karma, God, a big black guy named Ben, or all of the above will give him.

But how can you come on to this forum, of which there are real people behind the monitor at the other end, and talk about how there's no sympathy for either possibility. Next time you get drunk at a party, make damn sure that you're on your DD's ass all night, since clearly the DD needs to be monitored by those that are drinking.

Not only does that defeat the purpose of a DD, but that defeats the purpose of going out and libating at all. I suppose the irony of your words really hit home on that day, but I still find you quite disgusting to come preach with so little remorse or understanding.

Though I pray that no harm will come to you in similar circumstances, I do hope that some day you show a little compassion and perhaps some empathy- or you may find life long, cold, and hard.

Regards.

Why do you have to swear??...she shared her thoughts and you have to swear at her and cut her down to disagree??...Her views are just that her views. Just as your views are your views. Now one side may be entirely jaded, but isn't that the point of a forum?? Yeah I thought so too. But to blatantly just come out and swear at her for a differeing view than yours. You obviously do not know her...And perhaps she's been in a situation to know both.

True that. When I read her first line my jaw hit my keyboard. I figured if I was gonna get pissed I may as well go big or go home.
    First off, thank you Arif for the support. And A790, I am sorry if my words struck a sore spot with you, I am sorry for offending you and I am sorry for your losses. Perhaps it may do some good to explain myself a little bit.

I have lost 2 very dear people in my life to drunk driving accidents. One when I was 7 and one just last year. Both were truly innocent victims, their cars were hit by drunk drivers on the road. Both drunk drivers lived and both of them are now out free roaming the roads once again. I just think that anyone who willingly lets a driver who has been drinking out on the road as well as anyone who will voluntarily get into a car with a driver who has been drinking partially has to shoulder some of the blame. Apparently the law agrees with me, since someone hosting a party that a drunk driver leaves from can be held liable for a drunk driver causing an accident.

In the past, I have made a stupid decision regarding getting into a car with a dumb driver. He wasn't drunk, but he was very reckless on the roads and I knew that. Still, I got into the car. I was 18 and knew better, but I did it anyways. That night, he crashed his car while going 140-150 in an 80 zone. The car he hit was going 80km/hr. It was like hitting a brick wall at appx 60 km/hr. I was the only "unfortunate" passenger in his car. I very well could have died that night, the police actually told my brother on the scene (who was 3 cars behind us) that I probably should have. As it was, I was lucky. I wound up on crutches for 2-3 weeks, had severe neck, back and shoulder injuries and I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder for more than a year, which resulted in losing 15 pounds and not getting a good night's sleep for well over 9 months. I was on medications to help me sleep and eat for just about that long.

When I got home that night my parents didn't throw the pity party for me. From 2 am till about 6:30 am my dad drilled it into me about how much worse it could have been and how stupid it was for me to get into the car with him. He made sure I knew that it was just as much my fault for getting into the car with him as it was his for driving like an asshole. I knew then and still know now that he was right.

Four years later I am still suffering from my neck and back pain, but I'm more or less okay. I was very lucky. I still 100% agree with my dad though, it was my fault for being in that car, just like I truly believe that it was partly this girl's fault for getting into the car with her impaired boyfriend. Very sadly, she died from her bad choice. For that, (as I have said in other posts) I am truly sorry for her, as well as her family and friends. But I still cannot change my viewpoint that this was nearly as much her fault (as well as anyone else who knew he was impaired and let him drive her home anyways) as it was of the impaired boyfriend. I am sorry if that offends you, but I do have my reasons for feeling the way I do, which I feel like I have now explained. I don't think I am "holier than thou," I'm just someone who's made a somewhat similar bad decision and somehow wound up lucky enough to live to tell about it. I learned from my bad decision. Unfortuneately, this girl wont be able to learn from hers and for that, I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, this guy deserves the ultimate bitch treatment in prison, and I hope he gets it. And she did not deserve to lose her life. RIP to her and sincere condolances to her family and friends.
    Last edited by Melinda; 12-26-2006 at 01:29 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Melinda
    First off, thank you Arif for the support. And A790, I am sorry if my words struck a sore spot with you, I am sorry for offending you and I am sorry for your losses. Perhaps it may do some good to explain myself a little bit.

I have lost 2 very dear people in my life to drunk driving accidents. One when I was 7 and one just last year. Both were truly innocent victims, their cars were hit by drunk drivers on the road. Both drunk drivers lived and both of them are now out free roaming the roads once again. I just think that anyone who willingly lets a driver who has been drinking out on the road as well as anyone who will voluntarily get into a car with a driver who has been drinking partially has to shoulder some of the blame. Apparently the law agrees with me, since someone hosting a party that a drunk driver leaves from can be held liable for a drunk driver causing an accident.

In the past, I have made a stupid decision regarding getting into a car with a dumb driver. He wasn't drunk, but he was very reckless on the roads and I knew that. Still, I got into the car. I was 18 and knew better, but I did it anyways. That night, he crashed his car while going 140-150 in an 80 zone. The car he hit was going 80km/hr. It was like hitting a brick wall at appx 60 km/hr. I was the only "unfortunate" passenger in his car. I very well could have died that night, the police actually told my brother on the scene (who was 3 cars behind us) that I probably should have. As it was, I was lucky. I wound up on crutches for 2-3 weeks, had severe neck, back and shoulder injuries and I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder for more than a year, which resulted in losing 15 pounds and not getting a good night's sleep for well over 9 months. I was on medications to help me sleep and eat for just about that long.

When I got home that night my parents didn't throw the pity party for me. From 2 am till about 6:30 am my dad drilled it into me about how much worse it could have been and how stupid it was for me to get into the car with him. He made sure I knew that it was just as much my fault for getting into the car with him as it was his for driving like an asshole. I knew then and still know now that he was right.

Four years later I am still suffering from my neck and back pain, but I'm more or less okay. I was very lucky. I still 100% agree with my dad though, it was my fault for being in that car, just like I truly believe that it was partly this girl's fault for getting into the car with her impaired boyfriend. Very sadly, she died from her bad choice. For that, (as I have said in other posts) I am truly sorry for her, as well as her family and friends. But I still cannot change my viewpoint that this was nearly as much her fault (as well as anyone else who knew he was impaired and let him drive her home anyways) as it was of the impaired boyfriend. I am sorry if that offends you, but I do have my reasons for feeling the way I do, which I feel like I have now explained. I don't think I am "holier than thou," I'm just someone who's made a somewhat similar bad decision and somehow wound up lucky enough to live to tell about it. I learned from my bad decision. Unfortuneately, this girl wont be able to learn from hers and for that, I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, this guy deserves the ultimate bitch treatment in prison, and I hope he gets it. And she did not deserve to lose her life. RIP to her and sincere condolances to her family and friends.
    Thank you for coming in and offering an explanation as to why you feel the way that you do. I'd like to stay angry and call you a bitch and what have you... but I really can't.

Though we may not agree on a few things I do understand your viewpoint and I do recognize your right to have and express it. I apologise for my earlier words.

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, but you seem to have handled them with strength and intelligence. If I were to experience the same as you I imagine I would probably be very jaded and may share an opinion similar to yours.

In either case, I did read your explanation and I've realized that your opinions were not an attack on Danielle, or anyone for that matter, and so I really have no reason to be offended.

Take care, and Merry Christmas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3