Quantcast
Neck Sprained! Advice please - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Neck Sprained! Advice please

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Default Neck Sprained! Advice please

I woke up this morning and had the soring neck ever! I can't look to the right at all and it even hurts my neck muscles when I swallow! It feels like I have a broken neck. Do you suggust I go for massage or what? I would rather have an in home treatment cause there is no way in hell I can even shoulder check

I've done this before (as im sure many on here have), and know how horrible it is. It'll go away within a day or two. I always tried moving my head in the directions that hurt, and just kept working it until I could move my head a little further without the pain. Other than that, take some advil, smoke a joint, and spend today at home.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

doctor?
    Cos...

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by brendankharris
    doctor?
    WTF are you talking about? Most people that offer advice on here are doctors

It always happens to me though, you just sleep the wrong way I would just go to a massage therapist person to see what they say..

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Yea I've tried calling the place that I sometimes go to but they are not open on the weekend, can any suggust a good massage therapist, preferbably in the NW

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Sharpie

WTF are you talking about? Most people that offer advice on here are doctors

It always happens to me though, you just sleep the wrong way I would just go to a massage therapist person to see what they say..
    I dont know, to me not being able to move the part of my body that attaches the most important part to the rest would make me go to the clinic at the least.

There are a few in kensington that my wife goes to, also try the chiropractic center for health in country hills mall (near the old silver city movie theaters)
    Cos...

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    Yea I've tried calling the place that I sometimes go to but they are not open on the weekend, can any suggust a good massage therapist, preferbably in the NW
    You'd rather stumble outta the house and fork out some cash out to get someone to rub on your neck, instead of walkin it off? It happens to pretty much everyone at some point, its not gonna kill you. People do pull muscles, and people do wake up with sore necks - but if anything, goto a doctor before you goto a massage therapist.
    Last edited by Fado; 02-03-2007 at 11:22 AM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Fado

You'd rather stumble outta the house and fork out some cash out to get someone to rub on your neck, instead of walkin it off? It happens to pretty much everyone at some point, its not gonna kill you. People do pull muscles, and people do wake up with sore necks.
    i would just be concerned because of how he cant swallow.
    Cos...

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

^^I can swallow its just that I can feel this sore part on the right side of my neck when I do

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

oh, did you do something physical yesterday? or feel like you slept funny.

I wouldnt worry then, get one of those ice/microwave heat/cold packs and put it on your neck
    Cos...

My Ride
    2001 BMW M3 Convertible

Ya you can "take it like a man" and sit there but that's the stupid thing to do...its most likely from moving it wrong (possibly in your sleep) and the muscles spasm over time...its their way of protecting the area...you need to have it worked out perhaps by massage but much more effectively would be through a well-known licensed A.R.T. chiropractor. Active Release Technique is NOT adjusting or cracking, it is a deep tissue massage that breaks up the scar tissue building and helps relax the muscles spasming. It is massage but moving the joint at the same time. I guarantee you without a doubt that is your best route. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. Cheers

massage, heat packs, ice, pain relieving cream...anything can help, but rest is best....easy slow movements of the neck can help, like almost any injury you can mainly relieve pain, but rest is always what makes it go away

My Ride
    ShitBox Rustbucket

I usually just go about my day as normal looking to one side... try playing a game of bball and when you go for a shot or block your bound to snap your neck back into place... it'll be a sharp shooting pain at first, but then it'll feel like blood rushed back into the part where it was sore.. problem fixed.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

For the love of god people, for all you know this gent my have a spinal injury and walking if off or waiting to see if it gets beter is not a good option. If its bad man, get to the doctor, don't listen to those here who have, "had it before and know how to fix it", better safe than sorry, especially with your spine.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

How old are you?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

I'm 23...It got a lot better last night and it started moving again with little pain but just woke up and its back again but not as severe I'll check out a clinic asap.