Quantcast
Wat can you guys bench! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wat can you guys bench!

strength has absolutely nothing to do with how much you weigh or how big ur muscles are....I'm 5 6", 173 lbs, and my current bench day is 1 set 225 X 10, and 3 sets 265 X 2-3...but I've been on the bench press at least once a week since I was 18, Im now 26

to the threadstarter...the reason these threads are considered stupid and lame is because it sounds like you think that just because you can bench press a lot means that you are somehow the king of the gym....i been going to the gym for 8 years now...trust me, the girls in there dont notice how much your benching...so i dunno...maybe you're wanting to impress the guys? in that case, why dont u just ask around int he gym ?

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Originally posted by jay42w8
    strength has absolutely nothing to do with how much you weigh or how big ur muscles are....I'm 5 6", 173 lbs, and my current bench day is 1 set 225 X 10, and 3 sets 265 X 2-3...but I've been on the bench press at least once a week since I was 18, Im now 26

to the threadstarter...the reason these threads are considered stupid and lame is because it sounds like you think that just because you can bench press a lot means that you are somehow the king of the gym....i been going to the gym for 8 years now...trust me, the girls in there dont notice how much your benching...so i dunno...maybe you're wanting to impress the guys? in that case, why dont u just ask around int he gym ?

Also check this vid out, it's really informative and tells you exactly
    "How to bench press properly, not how to incresse the maxium weight you can do!!"

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...bctid301789793

Originally posted by ercchry

here is the link http://www.nexopia.com/
    HAHAHA some times i cant stand you guys haha

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by fiveabi
    i bench ur mom.
    DAMN IT!
    I was hoping to be the first to say it!
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    '09 STi

Hey, in these vids, how come poeple don't go that far up?

I usually try to go as high up as I can, and that is the way I have been doing it for like 4 years aprox.

I can do ~250 lbs on a smith machine bench press. I am ~6'2 and ~250 lbs. I usually just workout at home, and I don't have a stand for my barbell so I usually just bench on my smith machine.

Anyway, if someone can tell me why they only go up a bit instead of all the way up that would be great.

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

Default Re: Wat can you guys bench!

Originally posted by rileyh
    well wat can u guys bench and lift? wat can u do for ur max arm curls, and wat does your routine consist of? how long do u go for?
    You know how I know you're gay........
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    you guys are really bad.......common, serious answers please.

If your are a you don't need to bench. You just pay someone to do it for you

And thats how us pimps roll hahah
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Originally posted by Darkane

Arching the back is the correct form. As long as your ass and shoulders are on the bench it counts. Look at olympic lifting etc. Also people need to tuck thier feet under the bench and try to stand on thier toes to avoid to much leg drive. But try to get as much leg drive as possible without lifting your ass. Stay tight and clench your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hjz6SNm8dE This is correct form.
    I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant people who go and the only part of their body that touches are their shoulders and their feet and their hips are in the air above their chest.

There's one guy who i see at the gym who does this regularly. IMO that's cheating just like when you bounce and swing your body when you do curls.
    Tim

If I'm not mistaken you do not want to go all the way up until your elbows lock? I keep hearing this is poor form because when your elbows lock your chest is not being worked out.

Originally posted by hussein
    Hey, in these vids, how come poeple don't go that far up?

I usually try to go as high up as I can, and that is the way I have been doing it for like 4 years aprox.

I can do ~250 lbs on a smith machine bench press. I am ~6'2 and ~250 lbs. I usually just workout at home, and I don't have a stand for my barbell so I usually just bench on my smith machine.

Anyway, if someone can tell me why they only go up a bit instead of all the way up that would be great.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by nos_efx
    If I'm not mistaken you do not want to go all the way up until your elbows lock? I keep hearing this is poor form because when your elbows lock your chest is not being worked out.
    Exactly. This goes for anything such as but not limited to tricep exercises like pulling over the head with the rope, pull downs etc. It's hard on your joints and also doesn't work as effectively.
    Ultracrepidarian

i think the most important thing to remember is its not how much you bench but how good your technique is. i see guys at the gym with horrible form, sure they left heavy but their muscle growth is crap. you can see it they swing or use other parts of their body to help with the movement. dont kid yourself even on flat bench when you do it there are ways to cheat.

example when youre on the flat bench you should have both your elbows as parallel as possible this puts most of the wieght on your actual chest. another key thing to remember is that working the negative is just as important if not more than the positive. really feeling a stretch is the key.

there are tips i can give you to help your bench explode. if youre interested that is. let me know

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

And thats how us pimps roll hahah
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

305lbs flat bench with straight bar

individual dumbells:
    INCLINE:
    120 lbs each hand so 240lbs / incline press (3 sets 8 reps)
    DECLINE
    120 lbs each hand 240 lbs (3 sets 8 reps)
    im sure wildcat can vouch for me since last time we worked out together was last year and i was at 100lbs a hjand
    weight = 188lbs
    Last edited by GT2NV; 12-28-2006 at 12:14 AM.

My Ride
    04 CL9

Originally posted by GT2NV
    305lbs flat bench with straight bar

individual dumbells:
    INCLINE:
    120 lbs each hand so 240lbs / incline press (3 sets 8 reps)
    DECLINE
    120 lbs each hand 240 lbs (3 sets 8 reps)
    im sure wildcat can vouch for me since last time we worked out together was last year and i was at 100lbs a hjand
    lol, how did I know you would post in this thread...
    Originally posted by Mar
    If I made a thread for every douchebag I wanted to set on fire in traffic, I could run an entire forum by myself.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by TimG

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant people who go and the only part of their body that touches are their shoulders and their feet and their hips are in the air above their chest.

There's one guy who i see at the gym who does this regularly. IMO that's cheating just like when you bounce and swing your body when you do curls.
    yeah exactly. Lol I see guys like that. ass higher than chest haha. Keep your ass on the bench children
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1978 Chev Nova LT-1

i can bench 255pounds 3 sets of 10
    i have no idea about curls i dont work out enough to find out

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

just two plates per side, nothing too special. There is a guy at my gym that does 4 per side.... and thats his regular work out: 4 sets of 8 reps. I dont have to be warned not to fuck with that guy, he'll squish me into a spaghetti strand with his bare hand
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by alpha

lol, how did I know you would post in this thread...
    haha instead of tuning forums im on bodybuilding ones now lol... yeaaa

im currently working out for 4 months now.
    Ive been going to the Gym every other day constantly
    WHen i 1st started bench press, I could berely do 25s on each side (95 total)
    Im 5'6 and about 135-140 lbs. I now bench 155 about 7-8 times. I can go as hight as 165lbs but only like 2-3 times.

I think thats a pretty big improvement. I do butterflies at like 225 tho haha

My Ride
    1996 Honda Civic Si

Hey yo kid are you on steroids or something man? Damn thats a lot of weight for a 16 yr old!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast