Quantcast
Buying a new PC, referral needed - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Buying a new PC, referral needed

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Default Buying a new PC, referral needed

I'm looking at purchasing a new PC in the near future, will probably build one from scratch. Does someone have any good sales reps to refer me to. I plan on buying from Memory Express unless anyone can suggest a better place. I need some names and locations, thanks!

My Ride
    Grimace

I have always used Memory Express North, and the person that helped me choose my parts and get everything sorted out along with buying things other times was Jason Lewis I believe. Most of them there though are pretty helpful.

memory express is probably the way to go but i also deal with Daiwa Distribution. look them up on mytelus.com. only problem with them is they only sell to company accounts.

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Thanks guys! Any others?

shocker: does this Jason Lewis work at the North side location? The directory lists him as being in the McLeod Tr store Either way I'll give him a shout.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I used John Matte at the south store. Good guy, I wanted to find this aquairum panel for my case to replace the side window and asked him to look for me but as it turned out after a week of searching they didnt make that panel anymore
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Boostn
    Thanks guys! Any others?
    shocker: does this Jason Lewis work at the North side location? The directory lists him as being in the McLeod Tr store Either way I'll give him a shout.
    Ah, perhaps he transferred, I hadnt bought from him since last year. Most of them are very helpful anyways so I think just go to whichever location is closest to you.

When I bought mine I just sent him the list of components, and he had them ready for me when I had asked complete with mounted processor/heatsink, they even installed the ram. Now the site has changed, so it looks even easier to get them to set you up though.

Originally posted by schocker

Ah, perhaps he transferred, I hadnt bought from him since last year. Most of them are very helpful anyways so I think just go to whichever location is closest to you.

When I bought mine I just sent him the list of components, and he had them ready for me when I had asked complete with mounted processor/heatsink, they even installed the ram. Now the site has changed, so it looks even easier to get them to set you up though.
    I once dealt with Jason Lewis as well, great guy. He has never worked at the North Store, he works at the headquarters where they put together the pre-built systems. He told me this himself

Still though, send him an email and he will make the perfect PC for you.

My Ride
    Legacy Spec B

Memx is probably the best bet for building one from scratch. They'll also pricematch with online stores like ncix as well if they offer a better deal. They'll just tack on like $10 to match the shipping cost you would normally have to pay.

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

i used http://www.cancomputer.com you can customize everything and they had my computer built and shipped in about 4 days...worth a look. great service.no problems and my comp is 2 years old now