Quantcast
Bullsh*t Long Lines @ Airport?... Anyone dealt w/ them? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bullsh*t Long Lines @ Airport?... Anyone dealt w/ them?

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Default Bullsh*t Long Lines @ Airport?... Anyone dealt w/ them?

So, I JUST caught wind of the news regarding the "Work to Rule" at the airport, and long lines taking hours to get thru...

Can anyone tell me how bad it is? I called Westjet, and they Recommended 3hrs prior to Departure.... 3 fucking hours!!??!?! .. I showed up 1 hr last christmas and still had to sit and wait at the terminal before boarding..

So.. How bad is it?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Westjet typically finalizes their boarding 15min before departure time.. if you were an hour early and got caught up in west jet lines to get your boarding pass and cheque your luggage and security was backed up you'd be hooped.

If your flying within Canada be there 2 hours early. If your going international especially during the busy season and extra security I'd be there 2.5-3 hours early.. just listen to an ipod and chill or something vs stressing out about missing your flight.

My Ride
    Jetta

Ya i heard about these crazy line-ups. Whats the difference this year from last? Last Christmas I flew westjet to Kelowna two days before Christmas and I was there 25 minutes before the flight was due to leave. Granted that was cutting it close and i did get a warning but there was no line up.. i walked right up to the kiosk and 10 mins tops at security. Is this wait something more than just heightened security?

My Ride
    C5 Z06, sr20 s13, 05 Cummins

Im sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight right now. It didnt take that long at all to get through. It might have gotten worse since (i checked my bags like 2 hours ago), and went through security like half hour ago. In total (if we would have went straight through) it would have been like half hour from the time we got off the shuttle to the time we're sitting here waiting to board. Im sure it will get worse closer to Christmas though.

BTW, im listening to your "glassball" right now, sweet stuff....it'll keep me occupied half way to Hawaii bitches!!

Talk to ya guys next year......

My Ride
    rental

Airport line ups sucks after 9/11

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Gf just called from the airport and said it was fine..

One thing you could do is start screaming, jumping up and down and threaten to blow up the airport. You'll be sure to get some attention then!!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I flew to Chicago last week and it was long....but thats just because of american border security crap
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    bmw

It's an airport at christmas time...what the hell do you expect?

My Ride
    2009 Forester

i thought the lineups today were due to the xmas season plus all of the cancelled/delayed flights to denver and heathrow?
    Tim

My Ride
    MB C63

^
    that and they are extremely short staffed for pretty much everything

whenever i fly i just go way earlier and check my bags in and get my boarding pass then go home. Then show up 45 minutes before the flight to go through security and wait at the terminal.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

There was a work to rule campaign from the security. and a lot of security guards just refused to do anything. hence the long lineups at certain times.

There's also news that an airport in toronto(i think) had this problem, and the airport sent in replacements who did NOT check any baggage, and just rushed people through the security checkpoints.

right now they're in a huge heep of shit b/c they broke protocol.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by canadianskyline
    Im sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight right now. It didnt take that long at all to get through. It might have gotten worse since (i checked my bags like 2 hours ago), and went through security like half hour ago. In total (if we would have went straight through) it would have been like half hour from the time we got off the shuttle to the time we're sitting here waiting to board. Im sure it will get worse closer to Christmas though.

BTW, im listening to your "glassball" right now, sweet stuff....it'll keep me occupied half way to Hawaii bitches!!

Talk to ya guys next year......
    Thanks for the help... That's what I was looking for...

It depends on what time you're catching your flight at, I know the early flights around 6-8am the line-ups are crazyyy long (the past couple days anyway)..
    and the screening guards are constantly having to recheck the carry on baggage cause everyone keeps trying to bring liquids through.. lol

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

i fly to toronto at 7 am tomarrow....im hoping to be there only 2 hours ahead cuz that what i was told...should i be there 3 hours early?
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

I always try for the midnight flights = having to show up 30-45 mins before take off. Sleep/relax all the way there and not waste a day travelling.
    Red Eye flights FTW.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    89 Colt Turbo

dropped mom off at airport and at air canada they have self checkin comps.....take no more then1 hr to checkin,baggage eat and get thru gate then again it X mas so i'd say 1.5 hrs is good enuff

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Took 2.5 hours to get through the Air Canada line up yesterday

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    335i

Its pretty bad, there was a lineup for departures with about 200 ppl waiting to board in one section last week.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by Machi
    It depends on what time you're catching your flight at, I know the early flights around 6-8am the line-ups are crazyyy long (the past couple days anyway)..
    and the screening guards are constantly having to recheck the carry on baggage cause everyone keeps trying to bring liquids through.. lol
    You still cannot bring liquids onto the plane?

I am heading out on Christmas Eve, I hope it's not as busy.

you can bring any liquids/gel either 90ml or less, it should be in a ziploc bag... but everyone is trying to bring in their starbucks or bottled water..
    just a suggestion, if you wanna get thru security a bit quicker, take out your laptop/digital camera (they screen these seperately), take off your jacket, any coins, belts, shoes sometimes, and hold your boarding pass

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast