Quantcast
Mercedes E63 vs BMW M5 vs Mazda 6 Speed World Challenge touring car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes E63 vs BMW M5 vs Mazda 6 Speed World Challenge touring car

Default Mercedes E63 vs BMW M5 vs Mazda 6 Speed World Challenge touring car

Blah to that test, I wanna know if thats that 6 speed manual from the old M5 which sucks because it has the old gear ratio's from the V8 engine that that ain't gonna work on the new high revving V10. I wonder if the launch control was used as well. The driver seemed late as fuck in the M5 on the start. The AMG has big problems for M5 that need to be addressed by BMW.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by DUNDEM
    Blah to that test, I wanna know if thats that 6 speed manual from the old M5 which sucks because it has the old gear ratio's from the V8 engine that that ain't gonna work on the new high revving V10. I wonder if the launch control was used as well. The driver seemed late as fuck in the M5 on the start. The AMG has big problems for M5 that need to be addressed by BMW.
    im pretty sure that the new M5 only comes in the SMG and isnt availble with the 6 speed (yet).

Originally posted by A2VR6

im pretty sure that the new M5 only comes in the SMG and isnt availble with the 6 speed (yet).
    I agree

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

hehe make up any excuses you want, maybe the guy didn't know how to put it in P500S mode . But the M5 is an inferior car to the E63 in every way. I've driven both cars back to back, and the E63 kills the M5 in every way, even in handling! The reason the E63 is so fast off the line is because it's got more displacement than the M5 and has insane torque right off the line that the BMW lacks. And the 63 motor was designed with BMW M motors as a target, it's high revving and easily trounce the V10 in every category (even tho they're rated at similar HP). The powerband on the 63 motor is nuts, power EVERYWHERE from idle to 7500rpm.

The 7 speed "auto" in the E63 is the only thing that's inferior to the 7 speed SMG "manual" in the M5. Upshifts, identical. Same time for shifts. Downshifts, the M5 rev matches better, since the torque converter in the auto doesn't really allow power disconnect and rev matching. Close tho.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    has three pedals.

m5 > amg

that amg sounds mean

Check the lastest version of Car and Driver they did a test with the 6 SPEED MANUAL M5(which sucks). They also noted that the SMG M5 that they tested was quicker in the quarter and the same if not quicker to 60mph than the AMG E63. BTW the e63 is a fabulous car. But I'd take and E55 AMG so I have the option to kick it up a notch....lol. I am however a big BMW fan and they definately need to step up a bit against the E63 by more than just small redesigning of styling ques coming up. It time for a more free flowing exhaust for the V10 preferably like the aftermarket option where there's actually a cabin remote silencing option/button when being more civilized, maybe tying it into the M mode button....lol

check this source
    http://www.mwerks.com/artman/publish...ter_1146.shtml
    Last edited by DUNDEM; 12-28-2006 at 12:13 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by scat19
    m5 > amg
    That gaps been closed since the last gen 400hp M5 vs 354hp E55 hehe. I know a few V10 M5 owners that switched to E55's and E63's.
    BTW the e63 is a fabulous car. But I'd take and E55 AMG so I have the option to kick it up a notch....lol. I am however a big BMW fan and they definately need to step up a bit against the E63 by more than just small redesigning of styling ques coming up. It time for a more free flowing exhaust for the V10 preferably like the aftermarket option where there's actually a cabin remote silencing option/button when being more civilized, maybe tying it into the M mode button....lol
    The E63's gearbox is awesome, and the engine is perfectly matched to it. I would choose the E63 with much more tractability (thus faster) than the E55. The E55 is a brute force monster, but it's hard to drive smooth and fast right at (or slightly over) the limit. You're either under or way the hell over with that much torque. The E63 is very BMW like. The 2 cars are totally different, and I'd choose the E63. Of course, you can turn off ESP, and the E63 is as brutal as the E55.

The BMW M5 and it's whole package needs a lot of work to catch up to the E63 IMO.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

^ quite the unbiased opinion eh?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by gpomp
    ^ quite the unbiased opinion eh?
    haha ya, I'm a benz fanboy. It's just nice to see Benz finally have a better performing product than BMW, cuz it's been a while!

AMGeeezus.

Originally posted by andyg16
    that amg sounds mean

I wonder how the E63 would do against the SL65?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It would lose in a straight line.

The E63 isn't that much faster than other 55 V8 Kompressor cars, it's just that the power is much more usable.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Check the lastest version of Car and Driver they did a test with the 6 SPEED MANUAL M5(which sucks).
    hmm I was aware of that, but I didnt know it was actually out on the market yet. Guess I learn something new everyday.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

would anyone guess that the MZ6 cost as much as the E63/M5... if not more?

My Ride
    2006 AMG SLK55

Originally posted by andyg16
    that amg sounds mean
    There are two main types of stock high performance V8 exhaust note - deep, mellow big block style and screaming Ferrari rippah rippah style. AMG leans more toward the former - I like mine just like that!
    2006 SLK55 Caspian Blue/Beige
    Bests so far: 12.72ET, 110.8 trap, 1.90 60' still stock.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by FishtailnZ
    There are two main types of stock high performance V8 exhaust note - deep, mellow big block style and screaming Ferrari rippah rippah style. AMG leans more toward the former - I like mine just like that!
    The 63 motor sounds nothing like your 55 motor. It's much more BMW and Ferrari like thanks to higher revs.

My Ride
    2006 AMG SLK55

Originally posted by rage2

The 63 motor sounds nothing like your 55 motor. It's much more BMW and Ferrari like thanks to higher revs.
    I haven't driven the new M5/6 V10, but I have driven both the E63 and E55 - yes the new 63 is a little higher pitched, but still fairly deep and nothing like a Ferrari note IMHO. The E55 had that nice little S/C whine....wish mine had that too *L*.
    2006 SLK55 Caspian Blue/Beige
    Bests so far: 12.72ET, 110.8 trap, 1.90 60' still stock.

My Ride
    pair of adiDAs

this might be a bit off topic, but i drove an 2001 s600 the other day and it's by far the torquiest car ive ever been in, i though it would be like vtec so i floored it the first time and almost lost control cuz i didn't expect all this torque at 2000 rpm to suddenly kick in and the powerbrand through all the rpm's is unbelievable, very well built car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast