Quantcast
Checkstop last night.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Checkstop last night..

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Exclamation Checkstop last night..

What a PITA !! I drove downtown after the meet at Chinook,and then decided to take 5th ave an get onto Memorial.The road was jammed with traffic !! Then I saw what looked like a big crash on the flyover .I saw tow trucks and cops and an ambulance. So I turned around and went through Kensington instead. On the news ,I saw it was a huge Checkstop !! I know that it's normal for a Long Weekend,but on a Wednesday ?? Downtown traffic was a mess. I guess they are getting this months quotas early...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Meh I got caught in it - was heading to Memorial. They caught a bunch of people aparently so good for them. I don't mind the traffic every now and then...

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Checkstops are good as far as I'm concerned.

My Ride
    firebird

I got hassled a few weeks ago on thurs night after leaving outlaws. They had a checkstop at the fourway stop by the BK. I had 4 drinks over about 5 hours, and I told the cop that I had been drinking, thinking honesty was the best policy.

So he gives me a hard time for a few minutes and then takes me into the back of his car for the good ole' breathalizer. I thought I was a criminal in the back of the cruiser....

Anyways, I blew "0" on the little guage, and the cocksucker say "well.... I am going to get you to blow again to see if this thing is working..."

I was like "WTF!"

So I blew another "0" and he was shocked. He let me go...

You could tell he wanted to bust me. IT really dissapointed me to see how he could not beleive that a young person was responsible enough to know how much they could drink before driving safely.

I am also for checkstops for sure.... keep the REAL drunks off the road.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    pedals

i like keeping the drunko's off the streets. the fact that they caught anyone means that if was worth it. I cant believe that people still drink and drive. Its sooo 80's iroc mullet. I would feel like such trash getting a DUI.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by hjr
    Its sooo 80's iroc mullet. I would feel like such trash getting a DUI.

HAHAHA.... too funny!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

I agree with DSM Power. I would wait in traffic knowing that they are catching drunks...

And in response to the mullet comment in reference to the iroc ... I still have one of those cars too dammit!

My Ride
    pedals

sorry. Actually it seems more and more mullets are being transfered to old accords. Funny how that happens.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by Mckenzie

You could tell he wanted to bust me. IT really dissapointed me to see how he could not beleive that a young person was responsible enough to know how much they could drink before driving safely.

I am also for checkstops for sure.... keep the REAL drunks off the road.

Whatever guy...remember all the bulshit you always tell my about drinking and driving? If i would have done that you would have bitched at me for at least an hour!

They love that 4 way by BK, and they also get you turning out next to the chryco dealership too. Got stopped 2 nights in a row there coming out of Limericks. Cops were cool ,asked if I had anything to drink, said yes, they asked what I had, told them, then they let me go. No biggie. They were sure getting a ton of people coming out of Outlaws though, it was funny to watch!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by DSM Power
    Checkstops are good as far as I'm concerned.
    ...less drunks on the road is fine by me.

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Sucks that you got hassled like that, too bad the dont get more of the people who are actually drunk....I was at Outlaws last week and seen an old friend from High School who i never would have thought would be stupid enough to drive Drunk, and he was completely wasted...Right before we left i seen him exit the parking lot driving
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I guess if there's still a lot of people drinking and driving these blitz's are neccesary. I wonder if they are looking at the cars too ??

It doesn't bother me because I don't drink when I drive and my cars are legal.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by rice_eater

Whatever guy...remember all the bulshit you always tell my about drinking and driving? If i would have done that you would have bitched at me for at least an hour!
    Hey dummy.... I blew a "0".....zero....zilch.... And lets not forget the one who had his license supended for 24 hours for blowing a warning.

There was no alcohol in my system. To fail, I would have needed to blow an 80. I was nowhere close to that. Good try though...
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

when i was at a checkstop, i got breathalyzed when i said i had a little to drink a couple hours ago. so i got breathalyzed, got 0 and he's like 'i guess those sips r out of yout system. ur good to go. cya'

i'd rather be given the 3rd degree by cops about drunk driving then letting someone who is drunk on the road.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Sfire GT and Daytona turbo

How the fuck do you guys blow a 0? isnt it Pass warning or Fail?(green, yellow, or red?)

Ive never had a breathalyzer in AB, but thats how the work in BC. If you fail the roadside device, they take you back to the office and you blow in the big one that gives the numeric value.
    Scott
    CFB Esquimalt/HMCS Protecteur

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Scott
    How the fuck do you guys blow a 0? isnt it Pass warning or Fail?(green, yellow, or red?)

Ive never had a breathalyzer in AB, but thats how the work in BC. If you fail the roadside device, they take you back to the office and you blow in the big one that gives the numeric value.
    Good question. Just so I'm clear, isn't the 0.08 limit the measurement of alcohol in your bloodstream (or blood in your alcohol stream if you're really pissed!)? So when you blow, what exactly is that measuring? I can't see how it could measure your blood/alcohol. Anyone know?
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by B17a

Good question. Just so I'm clear, isn't the 0.08 limit the measurement of alcohol in your bloodstream (or blood in your alcohol stream if you're really pissed!)? So when you blow, what exactly is that measuring? I can't see how it could measure your blood/alcohol. Anyone know?
    I think that they measure it in miligrams. I have taken a couple breath tests and never blown anything but 0. I really have my doubts about how good those roadside tests are.