Quantcast
Honda Fit: Your Thoughts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Fit: Your Thoughts?

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default Honda Fit: Your Thoughts?

Hey Guys,
    As I come close (I hope) to selling my Prelude, I am definetely going to be looking for something more easy going, most likely brand new and which deviates a bit more from the ideal "tuner car". It would be a car I would keep for a couple years before I re-enter the buyers' market for a sports car.
    Most important things are resale value, comfort, gas economy and bang-for-buck. I need to worry about school and jobs for the short-term, so a problem-free car is important too. So far I've looked at the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris and Mazda 3. Price-wise, for fully loaded models, the Fit is in the middle of the 3 cars and I am currently most interested in it. Anything below the "Sport" trim seems to be seriously lacking in imporant departments, so I am looking at that trim. When all is said and done the Honda Fit Sport comes to a little over $21 000.
    Just wondering what you guys think of the car, feel free to post any thoughts.

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

Honda Fit= Awesome car!!

Handles awesome, but lacks the power and torque! But I would by one for sure!

My Ride
    89 Colt Turbo

fit > yaris > mazda mazda is costly

go check out hyundai/kia cars they aren't pretty, but the quality is there now, plus there dirt cheap,
    resale value might be hard but then if u keep it u have a nice winter beater

My wife and I looked at the Fit as we shopped around for a replacement for our aging 97 Civic LX. Like you, I discovered that the Fit, nicely equipped comes in just shy of $22,000. For that kind of money, you can get yourself into a larger, more affordable Civic (better finance rates) with a handful of extra horsepower to boot.

The Fit is a great little car, but with the replacement due out within a year or two, my loyalties would tend to side with the newer, roomier Civic.

Good luck!
    A

/10
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    a wrx.

The Mazda3 isn't really a fair comparison to the Fit, plus it sucks, so let's throw that one out.

The Versa is a big piece of shit as well. It's like a smaller version of a Sentra SE-R. Bucket of shit with lots of torque.

The Yaris used to be a favorite car of mine til I test drove it. I was thoroughly dissappointed by the totally uninspired feel to it. It felt like a minivan, plus it looks kinda dumb. The interior is garbage too. Only pro is resale value.

The Fit is a great car IMO. It drives nicely, has decent power for that type of car, and the interior is surprisingly nice compared to the Versa and Yaris. I also like the versatility of the Fit's rear seats. I think the Sport model is overpriced because it costs so much more than the other models with no real functional improvements. I think the LX model is a much better deal. You save a couple Gs and still get power everything. The only bad thing about the Fit is that it's only a couple Gs short of a Civic, which is really a better car for not much more money.

So I think your real decision should be between the Fit and the Civic.

My Ride
    2006 Jetta 2.5

Fir is pretty good car I like wht Ive seen.

here some pics of what people have been doing to their fits in the past little while

http://www.carview.co.jp/tas/2004/ca...ynamite/02.jpg

3rd link and picture down
    http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1175
    Notice the engine bay!

My Ride
    Cars, trucks, bikes

Haven't had a chance to test drive one, but we did sit in one at the dealership.

IMO I don't think you can go wrong with any of these cars, but I would personally go with the Fit or a white 2-door Yaris (this combo is probably a little more "girlish" though) of the three. We had a 2004 Toyota Echo HB before, and if the Yaris performs similar to it, it's pretty underpowered!

Here are some nice pictures of the Fit....sorry to steal your pictures Illusive 4-2

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...ight=honda+fit
    Current Line-up…

Honda S2000
    FK8 Type R
    OG Mercedes Benz
    5th Gen T4R
    Lexus RX 350
    Ducati Streetfighter
    Modded Honda Grom

not too hot on those, but check out this time attack Fit!

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=438850

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    The Mazda3 isn't really a fair comparison to the Fit, plus it sucks, so let's throw that one out.

The Versa is a big piece of shit as well. It's like a smaller version of a Sentra SE-R. Bucket of shit with lots of torque.

The Yaris used to be a favorite car of mine til I test drove it. I was thoroughly dissappointed by the totally uninspired feel to it. It felt like a minivan, plus it looks kinda dumb. The interior is garbage too. Only pro is resale value.

The Fit is a great car IMO. It drives nicely, has decent power for that type of car, and the interior is surprisingly nice compared to the Versa and Yaris. I also like the versatility of the Fit's rear seats. I think the Sport model is overpriced because it costs so much more than the other models with no real functional improvements. I think the LX model is a much better deal. You save a couple Gs and still get power everything. The only bad thing about the Fit is that it's only a couple Gs short of a Civic, which is really a better car for not much more money.

So I think your real decision should be between the Fit and the Civic.

Wow, quick responses. I <3 Beyond.

Anyways, what do you not like about the 3, Jeff? It's always been one of my favorite cars in it's class/price-range.

I was dissapointed by the Yaris for the same reasons as you - it felt cheap. Yeah it's a cheap car, but there are alot of cheap cars out there which don't feel so cheap.

So the Civic is a better bang for buck, hmmm....this applicable to all trims?

My Ride
    rental

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    /10
    x2

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

For 22K you can have a new VW Rabbit with heated seats, ESP, power everything, 16" alloys, 6 disc changer, only 6 speed auto in the class, only 5 cyl in the class. Sounds like a mini VR6 and has crazy TQ for city driving.

We (GF and I) looked at all the cars you mentioned and VW has the nicest interior, drove the best and was equiped best in the price range.

The only thing I worry about is reliability but hope that won't be an issue. Car comes with 4yr 80K bumper to bumper. I bashed VW on this site until I drove it. Now it's in our garage next to the subie.

resale value --- should be close to best in class
    comfort --- great
    gas economy --- 10l/100k in the city (a lot worse than competition)
    bang-for-buck ---- great IMO.
    Last edited by Aleks; 12-29-2006 at 07:25 PM.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

my sister just bought a fit and loves it. i test drove it for her and it was super slow, but i didn't expect much else. decent interior, but i found it a bit loud (compared to my gti). i would by one if i didn't care what i was driving.

Originally posted by danno
    my sister just bought a fit and loves it. i test drove it for her and it was super slow, but i didn't expect much else. decent interior, but i found it a bit loud (compared to my gti). i would by one if i didn't care what i was driving.
    That's a great evaluation. And to add to it, the environment will thank you. I'd buy one too if I only used a car to get from A to B and wanted to do it as cheaply as possible with some reliability. Actually, now that I rethink it, if that was my criteria, I'd buy a toyota.

I used to live in asia, so wanna give u some useful informations. The fit is named Jazz in japan and is in a k-car class( which used to deliver stuff in city). It is really good at fuel efficient and roomy.However, the brakes let me feel "soft". lots of fit owners tuned their to bremboo or other brakes..............
    Toyota's Yaris is kicked out. As the same reasons above.
    The Mazda 3 is my favorite car among ur choices. It built on the same platfrom as Volvo S40 and Ford Focus. After I have test drove it, it has a lot driving funs. In my opinion. it is better than civic. Coz it chassis' setting is better. You used to drive a sporty car, so I guess u don't want to drive a car which is boring. Hope these will help

Originally posted by Aleks
    For 22K you can have a new VW Rabbit with heated seats, ESP, power everything, 16&quot; alloys, 6 disc changer, only 6 speed auto in the class, only 5 cyl in the class. Sounds like a mini VR6 and has crazy TQ for city driving.

We (GF and I) looked at all the cars you mentioned and VW has the nicest interior, drove the best and was equiped best in the price range.

The only thing I worry about is reliability but hope that won't be an issue. Car comes with 4yr 80K bumper to bumper. I bashed VW on this site until I drove it. Now it's in our garage next to the subie.

resale value --- should be close to best in class
    comfort --- great
    gas economy --- 10l/100k in the city (a lot worse than competition)
    bang-for-buck ---- great IMO.
    Yes, for the same $$, I would way rather be in a rabbit. A stripped down 5-speed fit would make a great runaround car for not a bad price, only if you had a second "fun" car though.

My Ride
    335i

I'd skip the fit/yaris and compare the civic and new VWs. For 21k, you can get either and they are far better cars than the ones you're looking at.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

if you're looking for an economy car, the Fit is a good car.
    I've had mine for half a year now and it does the job.

1. I've been able to out drive a semi who forced me onto oncoming traffic

2. the Fit's brakes are completely fine; sometimes i feel they brake too abruptly

3. it's not powerful, but it's nimble and can handle the corners well which was a great selling point for me

4. It FITS a lot of stuff due to its design, which was the other selling point.

--

I agree with GTSJeff, don't go with the mazda3, the interior quality is - plus it is in a different car class

The yaris is smaller than the Fit

The versa... guzzles more gas and it has a horrid interior

I agree you could get a civic or a VW for the price, but the Fit is basically a premium compact; I chose a Fit b/c I didn't need the size of a civic. I just wanted something small that could drive in and around the city and gets great gas mileage.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

hmmm tough decisions..

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Do it make a nice daily driver/track slut

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast