Quantcast
Headaches With New Monitor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Headaches With New Monitor

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Headaches With New Monitor

I was using a 17" CRT flatscreen before and just upgraded to a Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD 941BW, and right after using it, started to experience headaches, felt dizzy and almost throwing up like motion sickness...

Can someone explain why?Is it cause its a widescreen not a full screen?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Was it made in china? If so you may have the bird flu or sars.

My Ride
    Axis powers

try adjusting the refresh rate (Hz) on ur screen.. some people eyes are senstive to that
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

yep...its prolly set to 60hz im guessing..you should notice a big difference if u set it to 85hz or higher
    wh...?

My Ride

Originally posted by jav_
    yep...its prolly set to 60hz im guessing..you should notice a big difference if u set it to 85hz or higher

Just changed it from 60 to 75 but I dunno if I notice anything, still feel sick
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

whats the highest it can goto?
    wh...?

My Ride

whats the highest it can goto?

60 or 75...thats the only choices I have

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

or try sitting farther back too
    Cos...

My Ride
    Axis powers

its something u might have to get used to aswell.. like new glasses..

i have a LCD and i know when i sit at work with my CRT the refresh rate used to give me a headache

but after awhile my eyes adjusted
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

Originally posted by adam c
    its something u might have to get used to aswell.. like new glasses..

i have a LCD and i know when i sit at work with my CRT the refresh rate used to give me a headache

but after awhile my eyes adjusted

Okay thanks everyone..will do, if not then I'll just return and get a normal 19" fullscreen instead

My Ride
    Integra Type R

Originally posted by dj_rice

60 or 75...thats the only choices I have
    do u have ur resolution on the smallest one?
    wh...?

My Ride

do u have ur resolution on the smallest one?

My resolution is on the recommended setting and max, 1440x900

But yeah I'm not liking this new monitor at all

I really wonder how you manage to get motion sickness from a LCD monitor. First off, LCD monitors don't really have a refresh rate. I would think of the response rate next, but your monitor has a response rate of 4ms, and that's pretty damn fast.

Are you using a VGA cable, by the way? If so, try using DVI instead.

My Ride

Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
    I really wonder how you manage to get motion sickness from a LCD monitor. First off, LCD monitors don't really have a refresh rate. I would think of the response rate next, but your monitor has a response rate of 4ms, and that's pretty damn fast.

Are you using a VGA cable, by the way? If so, try using DVI instead.

My computer does have a DVI thingie....its a crappy E-machine with onboard graphics card

And I dunno if its motion sickness but I get a headache, feel like throwing up, I've googled my problem and its common to some people but problem solved..gonna return the monitor

My Ride
    a wrx.

You know, just because you got the monitor and sick at the same time doesn't necessarily mean there's a connection. Maybe it was something you ate...give it awhile.

My Ride

You know, just because you got the monitor and sick at the same time doesn't necessarily mean there's a connection. Maybe it was something you ate...give it awhile.

Everytime I'm lookin at the monitor I get the headaches...installed my old 17" CRT and I'm fine, the LCD I get headaches

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by dj_rice

Everytime I'm lookin at the monitor I get the headaches...installed my old 17" CRT and I'm fine, the LCD I get headaches
    Shitty...

Make sure you have enough ambient lighting in the room, regardless of the type of monitor.

I went from a 21" CRT to a 24" LCD widescreen and have had no problems. The LCD is on run with the analogue output because my old video card doesn't have DVI. Just be sure the monitor is set to display its native resolution.

My Ride
    Bicycle

lower the brightness and increase the distance.

Go see a doctor/optometrist

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

Does the moniter have a glossy finish to it?? if it does then it could be that you are getting headaches from the reflection of the moniter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast