Quantcast
pets in the malls - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pets in the malls

yes at school you can't send any peanut related thing to school. I feel sorry for those kids when they grow up and go go the work place. What are they going to ban them from the workplace as well.

anyhow...dogs. By law they aren't allowed in the mall unless they are for medical needs.

I follow the law I expect others to do the same.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Kritafo
    yes at school you can't send any peanut related thing to school. I feel sorry for those kids when they grow up and go go the work place. What are they going to ban them from the workplace as well.

anyhow...dogs. By law they aren't allowed in the mall unless they are for medical needs.

I follow the law I expect others to do the same.
    I think that's because they don't want to clean up piss and crap. But if its in a bag, why do you care?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

We are gonna live in bubbles real soon if we keep on over-protecting ourselves.

I understand about dogs in malls and such since they could be difficult to handle in crowded area but peanuts in school?

I don't remember peanuts jumping on people and licking people's faces back then when I went to school. Or are peanuts like cryptonite to some kids that they would die being in the proximity of peanuts.

Originally posted by Xtrema

I think that's because they don't want to clean up piss and crap. But if its in a bag, why do you care?
    If ONLY pet owners were that stringent about using bags. If they won't use them on the street or in fields why would they start now. My condo building has a severe problem of people letting their pets defecate in the hallways and leaving it there. I'm sorry but you leave it up to the owners and you bet you'll be stepping on crap or slipping on piss the next time you walk into a store.

Peanuts and grass last I checked don't have the ability to jump all over people/merchandise, bark and make messes on their own. I have no problems with well behaved pets I'm a big cat and dog fan, but everyone thinks their pet is well behaved. You let in one or two and all the rest will want in.

exactly my point. If they can take little priness cutie dog into the mall what is stopping me from taking my great dane into he mall. She is so well trained she will sit until you tell her to move. Crap on command. Maybe I will take her to the mall...that would get me any space in line I want. She is very intimidating because of her size. When she barks she means back off.

anyhow, I just find it annoying that the laws bend for people.

You have always been able to take dogs on the plane no matter what the size. If you pay for a seat for the dog they will let it on no matter what the breed is. The little dog as a carry on is a fairly new thing with all the new soft carriers they sell.

I do feel sorry for peanut allergy sufferers. It's a much worse allergy than most. Just have nuts on your breathe can cause a reaction with some children. They can't even handle a nut in a shell. But when you went to school didn't we all take peanut butter! It was cheap and everyone took it. Now it's something you have to sneak

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Mall is fine...I wouldnt stand for a dog being in a grocery store or restaurant, pretty sure thats illegal anyways
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Mall is fine...I wouldnt stand for a dog being in a grocery store or restaurant, pretty sure thats illegal anyways
    My bf and I were at an un-named local Chinese Restaurant the other night and a couple had brought their parrot in to eat with them! It was just perched on one of the chairs while the couple ate...I had mixed feelings about it....I have also seen a dog in a sushi restaruant! *eww* I definately agree that pets should not be in restaurants!!
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

yea i agree no dogs in the mall..

anyway how can a bony little dog be cute anyway? it shakes, it sounds annoying, has bigtime napoleon syndrome and besides making u into a paris hilton doesnt do anything good for you.

small dogs.
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Man, you people must hate Paris (the city). Dog poop everywhere. I believe dogs are more than welcome in restaurants as well.

It's fair enough that dogs are not allowed in most indoor public places. Not everyone enjoys the presence of a dog. This is from a dog owner.

Yeah, I've seen people with parrots on their shoulder walking in malls too. It was kinda weird. Wonder if they can break free, fly around the mall and drop crap onto people's head?

Which malls have signs stating no pets allowed? What about th pet stores? I just don't think this is true.

I notice a lot more dogs in stores in Toronto than in Calgary but I don't have any personal problem with pets in public.
    Last edited by szw; 01-05-2007 at 12:38 AM.

It's really annoying especially at resturants.
    This one girl was carrying her dog around just in her TNA gym bag not even in a real dog carrying case it looked like his head was caught in the zipper.

My Ride
    rental

You should had just ignored the couple and spoke to the waiter: "Excuse me, will THAT (point to the parrot) be the speical on tonight's menu?"

That'll teach them bringing animals to Chinese restaurants

Originally posted by RSeXy

My bf and I were at an un-named local Chinese Restaurant the other night and a couple had brought their parrot in to eat with them! It was just perched on one of the chairs while the couple ate...I had mixed feelings about it....I have also seen a dog in a sushi restaruant! *eww* I definately agree that pets should not be in restaurants!!

My Ride
    ‘13 F30 Sportline

Originally posted by lilmira
    I find a lot of small children even more annoying.
    Hell yeah, if im seated next to them at a restaraunt, ill actually ask to be moved or wait for a seat to open. Cannot stand little kids at restaraunts.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default Re: pets in the malls

Not sure where this falls, but has anyone noticed how many Paris Hilton Wannebees are bringing their "cute" little dogs into malls, grocery stores and restaurants? It drives me crazy. I have gone up to staffers and they do nothing. Trust me the cute little Yorkie...not a sight hound. As for the confronting the people...well they wouldn't want cute little princess to freeze in the car....my response is they should be at home in their cozy little beds chewing up your imitation Milano Blahnik's. I am sure mall staff wouldn't warm up to our Great Dane the same way they would princess the yorkie who can do nothing but sit their and shake.
    LOL to chewing up your imitation Milano Blahnik's, nice
    Autosignature

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

Im sorry, what did you ask? I got a little distracted when I read Zephyr's post. LOL.

all pets should not be allowed in the mall, especially not those fucking little rat dogs.

Although if the chick is really hot it makes for an easy open.......complimenting the pet.

Maybe they should only allow chicks that are super hot to have them, have some kind of judge at the front door judging the hotness of each pet owner.

LOL.
    Last edited by Audio_Rookie; 01-07-2007 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

^ YES, we need more of you on this board, well done, other than line 2.

Zephyr share more in the ask leo forum...
    Autosignature

Not that I agree with dogs being allowed everywhere, nor do I say that any particular person here has this opinion for certain, but I find it funny that so many people will complain about it for health reasons and say that it should not be allowed because of it, but at the same time if you were to argue that smoking should be banned in public because of the health risk to non-smokers, they will defend their right to smoke to the death! lol... Kind of funny...

Funny I just spoke with a by law officer, if a store knowily has been told there is a dog in the store and they do nothing they can be charged. It's not just for health reasons it's for insurance purposes. If I get bit by someones little dog in their store I can sue them both.

Funny I just spoke with a by law officer, if a store knowily has been told there is a dog in the store and they do nothing they can be charged. It's not just for health reasons it's for insurance purposes. If I get bit by someones little dog in their store I can sue them both.
    Yeah, but you get bit by someones dog on the street, or in a parking lot, or wherever, you can still sue them... Makes no difference.

By the same token, if a barmaid gets lung cancer from working in a smoky bar, I believe she can sue for workmans comp... I watched something on the 5th estate or some show like that some years back when the smoking ban came in effect in Vancouver.

Either way, I guess what I am trying to say is that individuals tend to defend their own interests at the expense of others...

My Ride
    POS

I worked at this little takeout restaurant and this older lady brings in this yappy little dog that was barking at everyone and even started a little dispute with another customer. I asked the lady to leave the dog outside but she was hesitant to do that and said it's too cold outside. THAT'S WHAT THEIR FUR IS FOR, for petsakes, she walked the dog there, it can wait outside for a little while.

On the otherhand, we also have this other guy that brings his dog in all the time. Big dog, but just sits there and smiles at everyone. I don't tell him to leave because he's not causing any problems and his dog is very friendly. If another customer didn't like it I would ask him politely to leave the dog outside.

I can't stand yappy little rat dogs, it must be like little dog syndrome or something because the big dogs are usually the ones that are tame and friendly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast