Quantcast
Can you turbo anything? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can you turbo anything?

Default Can you turbo anything?

I have a mazda b2600 that is gutless over the mountains. I mean first gear climbing kicking horse mountain. Now i love imports and love this truck. So what are my options to making it highway speed and reliable and money spent well.

I have a ford crown vic with a 5.0 in it but don't think it would match up to the transmission...lol
    Last edited by harley11; 01-05-2007 at 09:54 PM.

My Ride
    Civic b18 swap soon to be boosted..., 3000gt wow..

first off, you can turbo anything it is just about how much time and money......Secondly some simple upgrades can make a huge diffrence, i know a guy with a geo tracker, 92 horse power stock, he put on a snorkle and an exhaust it is ridicolous how much more power he now has......Especially the snorkle, i dont know if that is the direction you wanna follow, just my 2cents....

Edit:
    Due to the age of the vehicle i would almost guarentee that your cat is not working properly, so either remove it from the exhaust or buy a new high flow unit...

Originally posted by rage2
    Of course you agree with me. I'm a smart motherfucker, and I'm always right.

My Ride
    Couple'a Rotors.

Turboing that would be expensive and unreliable without pulling a motor.....
    The 5L would be a hard swap too, basically I think your stuck with that...I think it would be easier to put a truck bed on the crown vic
    But you never know I have a friend with a Toyota Hilux, We just finished putting in a Mustang 5.0L with Mustang Tranny, Toyota Transfer case and rear end.

IHMO sorry but its hopeless

My Ride
    ////M

It could be done if you want it badly enough. Build a junkyard turbo kit.
    As said above though, an intake and exhaust would help the car breath a lot, maybe try that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.