Quantcast
Car crash, need some help. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Car crash, need some help.

Default Car crash, need some help.

So I was driving north on macleod right before the glenmore exit when the car in front of me slammed his brakes. Intuitively I did as well and since I had enough room in front, it was ok. Sadly, the girl behind me was following too close and didnt react fast enough. She ended up rear ending me at around 60k/hr. the whole back end of the car is gone including bumper, trunk, rear quarter panels. I'm not sure if the frame is damaged.

Now we both filled out police reports and I have to talk to insurance tomorrow. The girl accepted fault for the crash. How does this work now? Wil her insurance cover my car? Do they fix it or will it be a write off?

The biggest thing is that I need to find a good body shop and I don't know any in town. Does anyone know any good ones please?

Also, right when the crash happened I didnt think I was hurt. but when I got home, I have a stabbing pain in my lower back. It's quite intense. How do I go about telling insurance about that? Do I have to pay for any medical stuff?

I'm just clueless about all this, any info could help me a lot. Thanks again!

My Ride
    anything but domestic

you have up to 1 year to sue for injuries if im not mistaken. There is a cap on whiplash claims, but im not sure about the rest. Insurance companies know injuries sometimes dont show themselves for awhile, just inform them asap.

if its going to be more to fix your car than blackbook value, they will write it off and give you cash afaik. If its fixable, her insurance will pay to have it fixed .

Any other questions, pm me, fiance is an insurance broker.

Go see the doctor right away, sounds like you got whiplash.

Whiplash kinda goes away though right? I just don't wanna have to pay unecessary doctor bills. Kinda tight on cash right now.

My Ride
    anything but domestic

theres a cap on whiplash, which i believe is 2500$. Whiplash is covered by insurance up to that point tho

Originally posted by writhen
    Whiplash kinda goes away though right? I just don't wanna have to pay unecessary doctor bills. Kinda tight on cash right now.
    Shouldn't cost you anything. That's what Alberta Health Care is for.

My Ride
    rental

I thought it was a 2 years to file suit.

My Ride
    anything but domestic

Afaik they reduced it to 1 year...could be wrong.

My Ride
    turbo integra

u have a year to file any damage to to your body but now they changed it so that u can only get 2500 from insurance for the body pain it used to be that u could get unlimited money and more if u were hurt more but now it is no matter how much u got hurt u only get 2500 and they pay for your hospital and phisio bills what i sugest go to your family doctor and tell her what happened and she can write a letter to your insurance so and also about the body shop take it to the best place which would be your car dealer they charge alot but dont cut corners

Originally posted by Cheeze
    Afaik they reduced it to 1 year...could be wrong.
    1. Statutes of Limitations is 2 years for bodily injury and property damage.

2. I suggest that you contact your insurance company to let them know you're injured - withholding any info will result in lost opportunity to get reimbursed; mitigate your losses

3. the girl that hit you is responsible - period -
    her insurance's liability policy should be taking care of your injuries as well as a rental vehicle for you while you wait for your own vehicle to be repaired.
    Whether or not you have coverage on that rental is dependant on what kind of coverage you carry on your own policy

4. Talk to your insurance company if you have questions!
    If you don't know where to take the vehicle to, ask them which shops they prefer to deal with and take it there. Ultimately it will be the third party's liability policy which will take care of your damages

I got rearended at like 50, no paint at first, then just sitff for the next couple of days and after that I was fine. If I remember right, they said it was 75% of the cars worth, over that = replaced... seemed kind of high, its there call, but I've heard if you bitch and complain enough, and its quite close to the 75% figure you can tip the scale... good luck...

Thanks for all the info guys! I'll update here on monday when I call insurance.

My Ride

You may have 2 years to file suit, but if you don't have a doctors report from the day of or a the most, a few days after the accident, it's not going to go anywhere.

My Ride
    04' S1 SRT-4

You wont have to pay for anything,

She hit you, her fault 100%
    Insurance is there for a reason.
    They will evaluate what you claim, and what doctors state to back up your injuries.

Stepmoms a insurance adjustor.

Cool! Just like you guys said, her insurance is paying for everything and I get to choose an enterprise car to drive! what do you guys think? Pontiac G6, maxima, or magnum?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Maxima!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303