Quantcast
Mount Royal University - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount Royal University

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Default Mount Royal University

Hopefully not a repost, but check it out. As of September 2007 Mount Royal will be offering many accredited university level bachelor degrees. No more U of L transfers!!

http://www.mtroyal.ca/in_motion/faq.shtml

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

so could i get my BA diploma and than transfer to mount royal and get my degree

It says programs could be offered as early as Fall 2007 which is good. Calgary needs more universities.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Yah it should be in full effect by 2008..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

BOOOO!!!
    Its great for calgary to have 2 universities and all that shit but it sucks for all those who busted their asses and attained high marks to get into university to know that others at Mt.Royal who didnt work as hard can aquire university status degrees.

And just for the record this is not meant to hurt or insult all those at Mt.Royal because im sure some of them tried hard but still couldnt do it.

If i am mistaken with my information feel free to correct me but i know that many of my friends and many others who i have spoken to have agreed with what i state.

Tremendous. Let's water down the value of a degree even more than what it is now. Couldn't get into a university? go to MRC or similar and bust your ass to get into one if that's what you really think is important to you. Walmart is always hiring if things don't work out for you.

The marks to get into MRC's programs may not be as high but the classes are still just as hard as the university classes. All the dumbasses still get weeded out so its not like a bunch of idiots are going to be getting degrees.

Wow some of you take this shit way too seriously. Sorry to those of you who studied 18 hours a day in High School while some of us were actually trying to have a bit of fun. A degree is a degree, so what if it isn't from U of C?

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

As long as the degree is accredited, it doesn't matter where it comes from, as long as the school is relatively well known. Exceptions may exist such as McGill, Queens, and Ivy League schools in the states in which employers would place a premium on a candidate who obtains a degree from one of the mentioned institutions.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Chester
    The marks to get into MRC's programs may not be as high but the classes are still just as hard as the university classes. All the dumbasses still get weeded out so its not like a bunch of idiots are going to be getting degrees.
    From all the students who I know who go/went there, it is because neither SAIT nor U of C would accept them. No offense but these guys weren't the smartest in high school, I don't even know how the hell they got into MRC. Unless something radical happened, from even students I know that go there, MRC is just like high school, by that I mean academically and socially.

EDIT: Once someone gets a job, I think it will be obvious who is the better employee and who deserves raises. Someone needs to be the low man on the totem pole
    Ultracrepidarian

I think it's good that MRC is going to be giving out degrees. It'll give more people access to higher education... how can that be a bad thing for society. I can't believe what I'm hearing from some of the UofC guys here... how does it affect you if MRC starts handing out degrees?

My Ride
    greenwheels.nl

they have only submitted it for approval, which i doubt they will get especially for cmmb and health sci. They have been saying this for years anyways. You will need better marks to get into a degree program for sure

My Ride
    2006 Honda Civic LX

I wish I could have stayed at MRC. I love that school and would way rather be there than in the Bridge! Missed it by 2 years.

My Ride
    '90 skyline gtst

Originally posted by LuxCars
    BOOOO!!!
    Its great for calgary to have 2 universities and all that shit but it sucks for all those who busted their asses and attained high marks to get into university to know that others at Mt.Royal who didnt work as hard can aquire university status degrees.

And just for the record this is not meant to hurt or insult all those at Mt.Royal because im sure some of them tried hard but still couldnt do it.

If i am mistaken with my information feel free to correct me but i know that many of my friends and many others who i have spoken to have agreed with what i state.
    WTF.....
    you know i'm a student at MRC, and busted my ass in high school graduated with honors, applied to U of C, U of A, and MRC, (got in to all)but chose MRC because they had a better business program then the joke offered at U of C. And as a matter of fact their were students in my classes that had transferred from the u of c to mrc because of that reason. didn't bust our ass as hard...... I see that the students at U of C think very highly of themselves
    Furthermore, At mrc i'm not just a number. When i have a lecture the class is about 24-30 students. The prof. gets to know you on a one on one bases. Ask somebody that goes to the lectures at the u of c, 300 - 400 students cramming themselves into the pit to listen to someone who dosen't give a rats ass who u are.
    Last edited by Teggy; 01-11-2007 at 11:52 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by 00Celica
    A degree is a degree, so what if it isn't from U of C?
    You can get a Degree from Devry. You can get one from Athabasca. You can get one from the Univerisity of Phoenix without ever going to arizona.

A degree is not just a degree.

Originally posted by Teggy
    I see that the students at U of C think very highly of themselves
    Yeah I noticed that too... which is surprising considering how the rest of the country sees the UofC!

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Yeah I noticed that too... which is surprising considering how the rest of the country sees the UofC!
    U of C is a shithole and will continue to be until the end of time....

MRC is a great school and offers lots of oppurtunity... out of high school i applied to U of C, MRC, etc. and got in to both and still chose MRC because it is better than U of C IMHO and knew I wanted to transfer to U of A just didn't want to go right out of high school cuz I didn't want to live on Lister! haha! Even some of my profs at the time said after teaching at U of C and moving to MRC was the best move they could have done!

U of C people get over it

My Ride
    XT6

Originally posted by msommers

From all the students who I know who go/went there, it is because neither SAIT nor U of C would accept them. No offense but these guys weren't the smartest in high school, I don't even know how the hell they got into MRC. Unless something radical happened, from even students I know that go there, MRC is just like high school, by that I mean academically and socially.

EDIT: Once someone gets a job, I think it will be obvious who is the better employee and who deserves raises. Someone needs to be the low man on the totem pole
    I don't see how the UofC students get off thinking they're superior - atleast in the accounting program.

Several of the teachers - teach at both schools, and offer the same tests to show that MRC students are on par with UofC. If you think that piece of paper you possess is a meal ticket, you're in for a rude awakening.

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Originally posted by msommers

You're kidding right? For most people work ethic has nothing to do with which institution they chose to attend. That piece of paper says what you "should have learned" and doesn't certify you as a highly motivated individual. I would be more concerned with the GPA's of graduates which more accurately reflects their intelligence and motivation. Once you get into the workplace and prove what you can do, employers aren't going to be concerned with your education. If an MRC graduate is a better employee in their position than a U of C grad, who is going to get the promotion? Thanks for coming out though

Originally posted by Teggy
    ...chose MRC because they had a better business program then the joke offered at U of C. And as a matter of fact their were students in my classes that had transferred from the u of c to mrc because of that reason.
    I knew quite a few people from the U that transfered to business at mount royal that used the whole "im transfering out because there program is soooo much better" excuse. Funny part is they were really leaving cuz they couldn't cut it and were failing out

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast