Quantcast
The Beyond 2007 F1 Season Thread - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beyond 2007 F1 Season Thread

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

This is a pretty tough situation. While I would hate to see the drivers punished (especially Hamilton... I couldn't really care about Alonso :p) or the team DQ'd for the season, as the FIA you can't really let something this big go. I know the teams spy on each others' cars all the time, but this is just something on a whole 'nother level.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Originally posted by iceburns288
    http://www.abudhabigp.com/english/

Website for the 2009 Abu Dhabi GP is up.
    I friend of mine had the apartment next to the track managers when she worked there this spring..I have been promised a set of comp tickets for the F1 race..keep my fingers crossed.
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Fuck fuck fuck...

Suspension failure on Hamilton's McLaren, crashes hard (zero braking) into tire barrier, Hamilton looks to be in pain, ain't walking out on his own.

This sucks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

hopefully lewis is ok...it was good and bad to see him shaking his legs like he did after the crash. so he wasn't knocked out, but probably in alot of pain...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ya either he was in a lot of pain, or he was checking to make sure everything was OK. There is very minimal nose damage on the MP4-22, looks like a minor scuff up front.

According to McLaren, a problem with the wheel gun at Hamilton's last pit stop was the root cause of the accident. In effect, the right front wheel was not secured properly.
    Someone's gonna get fired...
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Alonso chokes, makes huge mistake, gets on gravel... and still only 0.291s behind Kimi.

Hamilton is starting 10th... if he's cleared to race. We'll see how well he can pass people!

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

$3200 bucks for an impact gun that gets serviced after every race and they keep a spare for each side and it only works in one direction ....and it still can't tighten ONE nut...WOW

Dino Paoli Impact Gun

they will have to edit the description too
    ninja trainers motto

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

holy shit what a mess, a spyker is leading

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

HOLY SHIT ITS A PARKING LOT FULL OF F1 CARS!!

edit:
    Liuzzi pwned the tractor

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

man, this is crazy! lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Man that was an exciting race. Too bad McLaren gambled badly on Hamilton, he would've definately been well into the points, maybe even podium, if he stayed on wets for a bit. Exciting last lap too, Hamilton ALMOST got a point. Oh well, there goes Hamilton's podium streak . That rain was nuts, everyone flying off... the safety car ALMOST got nailed, it got out of the way just in time for Luizzi to hit the tractor .

Spyker's gamble was awesome... I'm surprised McLaren didn't do the same for Hamilton who started in 10th... might as well have done it seeing as it was gonna rain hard. Would've given Lewis the win if they took that gamble. In any case, it was an amazing start by Hamilton, throwing himself into frickin' 4th place after a few corners from 10th. Too bad the BMW sliced his rear tire, dropping him back huge. I blame his result on McLaren... qualifying crash cuz of McLaren error, bad tire gamble at the beginning of the race, and not gambling on dry tires at the end (the track was really only wet for 3 or 4 laps at the end). If he stayed on dry tires, he would've been well into the points.

For those that complained about Hamilton not able to pass, I think this race puts that one to rest... he owned everyone he came up to, passing them within 3 or 4 corners.

WTF was up with Renault's gamble with Kovy? And Flavio grinning cuz he thought it was a genius gamble? It was brutal, dropped him from 5th to 8th.

As I said in my blog, Alonso is the shit when it comes to driving in the rain. No contest by anyone in the field, he owned when it was wet.

Kimi's record when Michael Schumacher is at the track continues... he's only won when MS isn't around this year hehe. Oh ya, Red Bull in 3rd .

So glad McLaren won... I can keep my car haha.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

I think Winkelhock set an F1 record for cars passed in a lap. He went from 22nd to 1st in just one lap! He was down to 15th within another five-ish laps, but still, that just kicks ass.

Too bad Massa got pwnt by Alonso in the end. Also too bad Ferrari had a chance to catch up on the CDC and screwed it up.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Massa sucks in the rain. I predicted that in my blog many times haha. Strange vibration my ass, he just can't drive fast in the rain. Alonso is the rain master, as shown in several races in the last 2 years.

Whats up with Kimi understeering past the pit entrance?

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

what i did not get was how did the cars that received assistance were allowed to restart and esp. why if a driver is allowed to resume racing after receiving aid, then why was Hamilton the only one allowed to unlap himself (until later)

true happiness and joy from watching FA pass FM for the win with less than 10 laps to go ..does that count as a schumaker chop ?
    Last edited by Alpine Autowerks; 07-22-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    ninja trainers motto

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Found it... because they were in a dangerous location they are allowed assistance without penalty or exclusion.
    ninja trainers motto

Tempers flared at the Nürburgring
    But it's all settled now
    23/07/07 16:51

According to Agence France-Presse, European Grand Prix winner Fernando Alonso accused Felipe Massa of deliberately hitting his car during the duel that opposed both drivers at the end of Sunday's race on the Nürburgring track.

A few minutes before the traditional ceremony, Ferrari's Felipe Massa approached McLaren's Fernando Alonso and shook his hand in the room adjacent to the podium. The folllowing conversation ensued in Italian.

FA: "You can't do things like that."

FM : "What are you talking about?"

FA: "Don't play smart with me, you know very well. You hit me on purpose, you turned the wheel to push me off."

FM : "What? Go f--k yourself!"

FA : "You f--k off! Next time I'll push you into the wall."

Alonso, decidely in a provocative mood, turned and smiled at the live TV camera as Massa walked away very upset, his dark mood still quite apparent during the podium ceremony.

Once tempers had calmed down as the post-race FIA press conference began, Fernando Alonso admitted that he had over-reacted.

"We touched each other two times and I apologise to him (Massa) because I was so stressed when I finished the race because we nearly didn’t finish the race. Now I try to enjoy the victory and forget everything," the Spaniard said as he sat next to Massa, quickly touching his neighbour's forearm in a friendlier gesture.

The Brazilian was still somewhat flared however: "I was really surprised when he came to say that I did that on purpose.

I would never do something like that on purpose. Like I said in Barcelona, it was normal, here it was normal and it's going to be like that. So if he was a little bit unhappy, it's not my problem."

"With Felipe at the end it was close but as I said before, I apologise if I said anything to him, because it's motor racing and it's a fight," added Alonso.

"We finished the race, so I don't want to talk any more about this and I want to enjoy the win," he stated, wishing to close the matter.

Prompted by the assembled journalists, Alonso returned to the delicate subject a few minutes later.

"I was not too happy at the end of the race because we touched each other but now, five minutes later on the podium I realised that this is motor racing, so I will not talk any more," he repeated.

The subject seemed to be closed for Massa also: "If somebody tells me something I did wrong and I didn't, I will be unhappy. That is normal. But if he has apologized, then that's fine. He knows he was not right after the race."

Bad tempers and apologies – on certain occasions, both are a part of motorsports...

Daniel BASTIEN
    © CAPSIS International

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

http://anahshariff.wordpress.com/

that shows a different translation

hmm interesting
    I saw a pic. of Massa after the race during the prize ceromony and the man looked quite pissed

My Ride
    Ev0

Didn't quite make it home by 2:00 to watch the race so I missed the first 3 or 4 laps. Turn on the TV and WTF!!!! is that a Spyker leading!!!!! LOL
    Pretty strange race all in all, better keep an eye out for Massa in Vancouver, he may be there for the rain
    Overall points would have been interesting if Raikonnen could have finished well. On to the next round

looks like I missed an exciting race... I was in Edmonton for the Grand Prix weekend and caught 10 minutes of the race (when Massa was still leading) before heading out to the track.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast