Quantcast
Varadero Cigar Shop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Varadero Cigar Shop

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Default Varadero Cigar Shop

A relative is taking a vacation in Varadero next week (leaving tomorrow) and I have placed a cigar order. Can anyone recommend a decent cigar shop?

I also would like to update my humidor so please advise if you know a place in Varadero that has a good variety. I'm looking for something mid-size, preferably 150+ capacity and if possible multi-layer.

My Ride
    A Yugo

In Varadero every resort will have a cigar shop inside but these shops are all over priced. You can find better deals in Varadero itself, theres a great cigar shop with a huge selection right by Barracuda dive center (its right on the main street and most busses will take you there, it is kindof small so do some looking around). Theres a handfull of other shops like this and all will have great selection and better prices than the resort. Hands down though the best prices will be at the airport, tell your relatives wait till their leaving varadero, they'll have plenty of time to blow at the airport and theres 2 or 3 very good cigar shops with prices that are as good as they get. Also obviously stay away from people with cigar boxes under their arms on the street, no matter what they say or which relative of theirs makes cohiba's or whatever they're gonna sell you a shit cigar. For a humidor go to the flea market (also by Barricuda), they look very nice and have humidity guages and what not.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Evro, thanks for the tips. I know there are a few cigar shops in the airport because I remember from my last trip but I assumed that those would be more expensive than the local shops. Wouldn't it make sense for them to fleece you right as you're about to leave and have no other choice?

Can anyone else comment on this?