Quantcast
4x4 truck shops? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 4x4 truck shops?

My Ride
    2000 Dakota Quadcab

Default 4x4 truck shops?

I have a 01 s-10 zr2 and im lookin to do a body lift and some 33's on rockcrawler rims.

Any body know of any local shops in calgary?

thanks

My Ride
    FG Civic

National 4x4, Modern Motors.

My Ride
    92 yota

are you gunna be offroading your truck? if you are you should just do a suspension lift cause a body lift isnt gunna get you ne more clearences or suspension travel.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Originally posted by mr_smiley
    are you gunna be offroading your truck? if you are you should just do a suspension lift cause a body lift isnt gunna get you ne more clearences or suspension travel.
    He would however have clearance for the 33's he'd be putting on, which on their own would give his truck more ground clearance, off-road ability, and save him cash.

My Ride
    92 yota

if got a 92 yota with a 3 inch body and 4inch suspension. and ya with out the body lift i wouldnt be able to clear the 35's but as far as making the truck that much better off road body lift really doesnt do much other then cleance for the tires. with the body lift you would also have to get brakets to move your bumpers up or else its gunna have a gap.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Yea, i dont know a fuckin thing.

In case you didnt read, hes driving an S-10. He said he wants a 3 inch body lift, and to shove 33's underneath. I didnt once read that he wants to make a rock crawler, and do some h-core roading. Once again, its an s-10. Im not new to offroading guy.

And to the threadmaker, check out 4wheeler.ca, or talk to myself and some of the guys from CJA, or goto calgaryjeep.com.
    Last edited by ogpog; 01-15-2007 at 03:17 PM.

My Ride
    92 yota

i didnt say he was gunna make a rockcrawler or nething like that. im just saying from an offroading perspective that suspension lift is by far the best way. i dont know if he is gunna offroad it or not. im just saying. and im a member of 4wheeler neways

My Ride
    2000 Dakota Quadcab

Ya Im not lookin to spend a whole lot of money on suspension lift i just wanna fit 33" tires since i need new tires so im gonna upgrade from 31's to 33's.

Thanks for the info guys!

My Ride
    2000 Dakota Quadcab

Originally posted by ogpog
    Yea, i dont know a fuckin thing.

In case you didnt read, hes driving an S-10. He said he wants a 3 inch body lift, and to shove 33's underneath. I didnt once read that he wants to make a rock crawler, and do some h-core roading. Once again, its an s-10. Im not new to offroading guy.

And to the threadmaker, check out 4wheeler.ca, or talk to myself and some of the guys from CJA, or goto calgaryjeep.com.
    Whats wrong with an s-10?

My Ride
    2000 Dakota Quadcab

Does anybody know on average what a shop will charge to do a 2" body lift on my truck? thanks

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

sometimes as much as a suspension lift sometimes, modern motors quoted me like 800$ to do my body lift for me, and it was 560$ for the body lift, and i thought the hell with that, my dad and i are doing the body lift on my truck on tuesday, ill let you know how long it takes,

PS most good body lift kits come with steering extenstions, bumper brackets (lose bumper towing capability, but thats why i got a hitch) and then you can buy gap guards but they arent required.

we did my dads 85 bronco in like 6 hours, just a jack, blocks, few cans of beer/cola, some music, and wd40, prepare to have a snipe pipe (pipe to put leverage on your socket wrench) because older vehicles usually have seized bolts, WD40 the bolts the day before you do the lift, makes it alot easier.

My Ride
    2000 Dakota Quadcab

Originally posted by black_radiation
    sometimes as much as a suspension lift sometimes, modern motors quoted me like 800$ to do my body lift for me, and it was 560$ for the body lift, and i thought the hell with that, my dad and i are doing the body lift on my truck on tuesday, ill let you know how long it takes,

PS most good body lift kits come with steering extenstions, bumper brackets (lose bumper towing capability, but thats why i got a hitch) and then you can buy gap guards but they arent required.

we did my dads 85 bronco in like 6 hours, just a jack, blocks, few cans of beer/cola, some music, and wd40, prepare to have a snipe pipe (pipe to put leverage on your socket wrench) because older vehicles usually have seized bolts, WD40 the bolts the day before you do the lift, makes it alot easier.
    that shop told me $1400 for a 2" body lift installed. Kinda expensive! let me know how urs turns out.

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

ahha i just picked up my body lift today from modern motors, forget what i said, no where near as easy as his bronco, this will be like a 3 day job including welding, cutting and trimming, theres so much work involved in this, it was 584.90 w/ tax for the body lift by itself, i think im just going to return it and get a 5.5" fabtech suspension lift as its much easier to install lol, im calling in the morning to discuss a few issues with the kit as i was told it was a bolt on kit, no welding/modification needed, which was a blatent lie lol i will let you know tomorrow if i decide to go through with it

ps suspension lift for my truck is 2700$ before tax so slightly more costly but better in the end,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a BL. People either hate them or love them.
    Anyways, I have done several body lifts with the most recent one being on my 93 Pathy. I did all the work myself and the total cost including all the little extras (but not my time) was $200. It took me 1.5 days by myself.
    I do not know about the dodge but the s-10 BL should be pretty straight forward. How much is the lift itself? Shop around, because my 3" kit for the Pathy was only $140 shipped to my door from Van.
    Good luck man! I would love to help you out, but right now I am just tooo busy.

Tye