Quantcast
garage heater questions - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: garage heater questions

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by legendboy
    you remind me of 90% of car sales people out there...
    Haha no doubt

But if anyone can get me a smaller sized heater for a decent price PM me.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Originally posted by EnRich
    lol. k I'm done with this thread.
    I think beyond might not be. But you should get this thread closed

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

IBTL.

And I'll take a heater for a 36x22 triple garage.

My Ride
    rental

So let me give you this scenario. You want to buy something, a car or something. You shop around, finally find the car your looking for at a great price. You call, sales guy answers all your questions, you tell him your ready to do the deal, but ask if there's anything else the guy can do to bring down the price. The sales guy goes out of his way to lower the price for you, weather its from the manager, lowering his commision or whatever. You've promised him that if he can just get the price a little bit lower you'll go for it. So this sales guy goes out of his way to get you your deal, when it finally comes, you say that you need to talk to the wife. Sorry but thats a cowards way out for a person who has no guts to tell you the straight up truth. I dont understand why you guys feel the need to contradict yourselves either. There was a thread the other day about ppl making deals on beyond, and then never showing up for the transaction. How many of you guys would like that? How un-professional is that? Thats the same thing this guy did. He called me up. I answer all his questions, he says he's sold, and asks me if I can do anything else for him on the price. I ask him, well ok, if I can bring it down for you another 70 bucks, which is my comission would you go ahead with the deal and give me a deposit? He says yea. So I lower it. Buddy then says I gotta ask the wife, and to call him later. Never answered his phone. This guy is one of those guys that likes to shop around leading ppl on, then going somewhere else cause he can save 5 bucks. Thats why I called him a pussy. What kinda person uses his wife to get out of a conversation anyways? a pussy. You guys can try to dis-credit me all you want. But at least I stick to my word. I like beyond and all, most of you guys are good ppl, but guys like the above tick me off, something about a guy with no guts. Regardless, promotions over tommorow, and the price goes up. Sorry guys but I'll always express the way I feel like it is.
    It's be a sad sad world if all industries think a sales is guaranteed like you (again, I don't know you, and not attacking you personally). That's what FREE ESTIMATES are for, I can't imagine if all the plumbers, renovators, contractors my parents call to fix all our rental properties call us "PUSSIES" every time we just wanted a "price quote" for a job, or shop around for best price, best SERVICE, best QUALITY; and be called a pussy cuz we didn't go through a certain company/sales rep. When we redid our roof in this past summer, after realizing INTERLOCK (Aluminum shingles were shit), we called 4 other roofers for estimates. Made our judgement on Best, Sales pitch, attitude, quality (i.e. past jobs/reference), and how we see the company as a whole.

Let "US" (Can't speak for all Beyonders, but I think most, from what I'm reading)... A waiter or waitress get their tips based on their performance, combined with kitchen quality, restaurant setting, etc... and just because someone handed you drinks, food, bill to the table, does NOT entitle them to remark: "I've served you and your pussy ass family, I deserve at least 15-20% tips cuz I've worked here at Boston Pizza for 6 years, and I've served over 1000 through out my career."

In the spirit of keeping the thread ON TOPIC, there're other garage heaters in the market. (Page 988 - 989 in the Yellow Pages). And to try to answer the original post, I think the consumer need to first do their own research comparing Calcana units, with the stats of other units (i.e. BTU, price, size, etc...) before asking any sales rep questions within their duty. Quality aside (it's kinda hard to prove since not a lot of people have other brand heaters; maybe theirs works just as well for the first 5-6 years; since EnRich said his job was created 1 year ago for residential market; so another sales from another brand "shitty" company can still come on Beyond, sell 20-40 units based on price and have good reviews, since the heaters only ran for 1-3 years from the users), but I think the original poster was hoping to get opinions from others who might have other brand infrared garage heaters.

That wife comment you made.....
    I'm guessing you're not married, huh?

You do realize, alot of your customers might be married, right?
    Sometimes it's not an excuse, You might understand that one day.

Plus, you might get yourself knocked out if you make that comment to a married guy who truly is under the thumb of his wife.
    Just because he has to take it from his wife, doesn't mean he has to take it from you!

Just trying to give you some helpful advice

My gf's father has a garage heater for sale. All I know is that its 36000 btu, brand new never been used, and he wants $400 for it. If you need anymore details let me know and I'll phone him.

[email protected]

P.S. Sluggish, remind me never to buy anything from that calcana moron!

My Ride
    your mom

i dont understand why anyone would install a $3,000 garage heater when you can go get a 240v electric heater for a couple hundred at any home depot/Rona/Totem etc etc type store

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by 8Ball
    i dont understand why anyone would install a $3,000 garage heater when you can go get a 240v electric heater for a couple hundred at any home depot/Rona/Totem etc etc type store
    cause your utility bill go will go up around 8 times. I had a customer once, purchased a heater off me cause he needed to keep his garage at room temperature, he was given a brand new electrical unit from a friend of his, installed it into his garage in about an hour, his next months utility bill to keep his garage at room temperature for 30 days was $352 dollars.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

cause your utility bill go will go up around 8 times. I had a customer once, purchased a heater off me cause he needed to keep his garage at room temperature, he was given a brand new electrical unit from a friend of his, installed it into his garage in about an hour, his next months utility bill to keep his garage at room temperature for 30 days was $352 dollars.

I have a 10kW ouellet heater, I use it on a thermostat when i'm working in the garage. I don't even notice it on my electric bill. Of course the cost is dependant on how much you use it.

But yes, electric heat is definitley not economical if someone wants to keep their garage heated all winter long lol

I will be putting natural gas in my garage in the spring but i'm still not sold on overhead radiant heating. I have a standard 8' ceiling in my garage, i just don't think radiant is practical for low ceilings. However, i do think they are fine if you have min. 10'+ ceilings.... the higher the better.

Still imo, cost aside, nothing beats the comfort of forced air heating.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

legendboy, come over to my house on a -30 day and check out my setup. I would say that you wont be able to tell the difference between radiant and forced air heating.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by rage2
    legendboy, come over to my house on a -30 day and check out my setup. I would say that you wont be able to tell the difference between radiant and forced air heating.
    Dont you go out there practically naked for smoke breaks when its -30 outside?

Anyone thats experianced infrared heat in a garage application, should be sold on it. I have tons of ppl that walk in off the street every day, 90% dont walk out without one of my heaters. Their sold the minute they feel the comfort. These are ppl that dont even know I sell infrared, they walk in here enquiring about a "garage heater." come in an see me sometime if your seriously interested in heating your garage. Beyond members still get my 6%

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

but you have like 15' ceilings in your garage, your heater is mounted up high isn't it?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Not exactly accurate, but my garage ceiling is around 10.5ft high. The heater is angled, one side at 8.5ft, other side at 9ft.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Not exactly accurate, but my garage ceiling is around 10.5ft high. The heater is angled, one side at 8.5ft, other side at 9ft.
    can you kinda see what i'm saying if you only had 8' ceilings tho?

on one side of my garage, shelves, from floor to ceiling. front of my garage, storage cabnets, tool box, work and welding bench. the last wall of my garage; machines stuffed together and up againsed the wall.

there is no good place to put a tube heater. i can't put it anywhere the roll up door leaves its footprint, i can't have it in front of my shelves, don't want it above my work benches since it would be so close i'd roast my ass off when it came on. same with above my machinery.

i really think you need a higher ceiling to make it work comfortably

My Ride
    02 Accord

^^^ 90% of my customers install the Calcana unit in garages with 8' ceilings. Let me know if you want one

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

I have felt the difference myself.
    I think the single biggest advantage that a radiant heater has in a small environment is the ability to heat up the concrete slightly.
    My forced-air heater does the trick when I need it to heat up the garage to comfort, but the floor never warms up like a radiant heater.
    That said, I find the radiant tends to have "hot spots" in the near vaccinity. It can be uncomfortably hot there, so place wisely in an 8ft high garage.
    That said, I won't switch until the old beast quits, as it's paid for
    and works fine. I will however replace with radiant because of
    cost of ownership advantages long-term.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump. 7+ years later, my calcana heater broke. Help me Inrich haha.

Hoping it's something simple. Fan turns on. 10 seconds later, the buzzing sound comes on and it shuts down. I'm guessing broken igniter.

First world problems, can't live with a fucking cold garage!

Thanks Rage2 for bringing up this thread again!

I am looking to get a heater installed in my garage for the season...I tried to PM Enrich, but his been Banned?

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Isn't EnRich banned?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

enrich=inrich, who is now out of the business... and is in the business of being a douche

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast