Quantcast
garage heater questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: garage heater questions

My Ride
    yugo

Default garage heater questions

I know a bunch of you guys have bought those Calcana heaters and was wondering how you like the. I know they are meant to heat the objects first and that in turn heats the air. Do you find the air is getting warm enough and how long does it take? How big is your garage? How much has your heating bill increased since you installed it? Is your garage heated 24 hours a day or only when you're in there? Are their claims of what it costs per month accurate or are you paying more than that? If you've used a different heater in the past how does it compare, both in effectiveness and in efficiency? I'm considering buying one and want some feedback from people who own them.

Thanks

My Ride
    996TT

Around how much does it cost to install one of these bad boys in a garage?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

1. Air is more than warm enough. Think standing outside Whiskey under those heaters, that's how hot it gets near the heater. Rest of the room is whatever u set the temp to be on the thermostat.

2. It takes about 5-10 mins of ontime to heat up a frozen garage (Assuming I left the garage door open).

3. My garage is a full size double.

4. $5-$10/month in winter. $0 in summer (obviously).

5. Heated 24/7.

6. Cost per month estimates are accurate.

7. Never owned another heater can't compare.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    yugo

Thanks for the input rage2. I was hoping people would reply like that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    996TT

How big is you calcana rage2?

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

Reznor mercer Pennsylvania. old heaters but last long
    Last edited by Proboscis; 01-23-2007 at 02:59 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Ek9Max
    How big is you calcana rage2?
    No clue. Enrich spec'd it out for me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by Proboscis
    Reznor mercer Pennsylvania. old heaters but last long
    WTF. Did I just play you in Company of Heros last night, 2v2 with Hoax? back to business...
    I used to sell hundreds and thousands of Reznor heaters when I contracted for Sears. I have been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years, and I can honestly say a Reznor has absolutly nothing on a Calcana garage heater. If your sold on a forced air heating product I can get you one for around $800. But Consider this....

i) Hot air rises, heat does NOT rise. So if all your doing is heating up hot air, guess where all the hot air you want and need is.... at the roof top level of your garage.
    ii) The heat loss levels in your garage, regardless of how well it's insulated is extremely high. Heating it with an inefficient, ineffective unit heater is NOT the way to go. trust me
    iii) Reznor is the most efficient unit heater in the industry @83%. The Calcana is a minimum 40 - 50% more efficient then that. Basically I'm telling you I can heat your entire garage at the most effective and efficient rate available in the industry. I can heat it for roughly half the fuel your BBQ uses to cook a steak...

Originally posted by rage2

No clue. Enrich spec'd it out for me.
    Rage is currently running the CAL40-10'. It’s my current flagship, the most popular heater on the market. Its exactly 11.7 feet long, 40,000 BTU, and it'll heat his entire garage to as comfortable as his living room floor in 6 - 12 minutes. As he’s said before, he can barely notice a difference on his heating bill. It'll heat your standard two car garage. This is the model most of you need.

I know a lot of you are interested in these units. I will be responding to your pm’s in a sec. I just wanted everyone to know this though. I got a memo from my boss last night at 4:00pm. There is going to be a price increase for these units on Feb 1st. The pricing is still sketchy. Last year they increased the price on me to around $300+/unit. This year its gonna be between $100 - $200 depending on what unit you purchase. Just giving you guys a heads up. If your seriously interested please let me know before Jan 30th 2007.
    Last edited by EnRich; 01-23-2007 at 09:58 AM.

My Ride
    02 Accord

I've gotten alot of PM's regarding these heaters, I'd be more then happy to offer beyond a group buy. Anyone who's interested, please post your name on here. I'm sure I can get an additional 5% off orders 5 or more. Price before Feb is
    $1050 CAL40-10'
    $200 Sidewall ventit.

5% is an additional 62.50 off per unit.
    Thats $1187.50 a unit complete with venting.
    Offers good till Jan 31st 2007

My Ride
    yugo

How much for the next size up? I'd be interested in a group buy for sure.

Also what size is the piping in the vent kit and fresh air kit?
    Last edited by sluggish; 01-24-2007 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by sluggish
    How much for the next size up? I'd be interested in a group buy for sure.

Also what size is the piping in the vent kit and fresh air kit?
    The CAL40-10' will heat a typical two car garage or up to 624 sq feet 24x26

The next size up is the CAL50-15' which heats up to 790 sq feet and I can do that one for $1180 up until the price increase.

The sidewall vent kit is 3 inch and will come with everything you need to install it.

OK so looks like we need 4 or MORE! lets see what we can get before the months end.

My Ride
    '09 STi

Every time I read about your heaters on here, EnRich, they seem so amazing. When my parent's garage heater breaks down I will definitely holla.

My Ride
    78 civic

I'm less than happy with my renzor.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by 78si
    I'm less than happy with my renzor.
    Thats cause honestly. Their the worst way to heat any garage. And to the post above, if its a Calcana and it ever breaks down let me know. Those units are bullet proof, even my older models. You should see if your grandparents have either a blue or black burner head. Blue is old. Black is my new current line.

My Ride
    02 Accord

bump we need more ppl.

My Ride
    Honda

Do you have anything smaller than being 12ft long?
    If not, how tall is the unit then?

That seems really large... Currently, my fathers' garage heater is maybe 1/3 of that physically, and it still does the job really well. I would really like to get him a new one though, because he's re-designing the garage layout after this winter... A brand new heater would make a good b-day gift for Feb. His makes noise...

Pics or links would help Thanks

My Ride
    yugo

I have found one that is 9'3" long, in Calgary. Might be more suitable for your dad's application. It is 50,000 btu, same material composition, same efficiency, and a longer warranty. Price is over $400 less as well(sorry Enrich).

There are a few catches though that I will make you aware of. It does not come with the thermostat or the hanging chains like Calcana's does, and you cannot purchase it walking in off the street. It has to be purchased by someone with a gas ticket.

The way I look at it is this. I need someone with a gas ticket to legally hook it up anyway(and everyone knows someone with a ticket), and I can go to Canadian Tire to get the chains and thermostat for about $50, so for an extra hour of running around, I can save a whack of money and have an equivalent heater. Plus if you want the fresh air intake kit, it is only $70, compared to $200 at Calcana.

I know they are a supporting vendor here and kudos for that, but it doesn't look to me like any favors are really being done here. For the 'convenience' of buying retail, you are paying several hundred more dollars. Doesn't make much sense to me.

What about installation? Do you do it? Cost?

My Ride
    yugo

Installation would be the same as any other heater of that type.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by sluggish
    I have found one that is 9'3" long, in Calgary. Might be more suitable for your dad's application. It is 50,000 btu, same material composition, same efficiency, and a longer warranty. Price is over $400 less as well(sorry Enrich).

There are a few catches though that I will make you aware of. It does not come with the thermostat or the hanging chains like Calcana's does, and you cannot purchase it walking in off the street. It has to be purchased by someone with a gas ticket.

The way I look at it is this. I need someone with a gas ticket to legally hook it up anyway(and everyone knows someone with a ticket), and I can go to Canadian Tire to get the chains and thermostat for about $50, so for an extra hour of running around, I can save a whack of money and have an equivalent heater. Plus if you want the fresh air intake kit, it is only $70, compared to $200 at Calcana.

I know they are a supporting vendor here and kudos for that, but it doesn't look to me like any favors are really being done here. For the 'convenience' of buying retail, you are paying several hundred more dollars. Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Calcana never used to sell it to users off the street either. We just recently started doing that. Actually it was because of my interview over a year ago, when I told them they were missing out on an entire market, essentially creating my job during the interview process, I was origionally hired to sell their PH versions to high end patios accross the country.

Second... dude. I sell hundreds of these. I've sold just over 20 units on beyond alone in 2006. I'm 26 right now, and if there's one thing I have realized in life; is that cheap is not good, and good is not cheap. You get what you pay for. To be honest, there's a reason I drive a Honda outside. I coulda bought any car, but I chose a Honda, and I did that for a reason. These heaters are the John Deer of of garage heaters. You cant get any better. In all honestly I can't even manufacture them at $400 dollars /unit. I'm also NOT aware of any manufacture's of infrared heaters in Calgary. And I'm 99% sure theres no manufactures other then me in all of western North America. There is something definatly wrong with your post, cause I have dealers/distributors, and 80% of ALL the contractors (gas fitters) buy my products in Calgary, @ alot more then $400 dollars a unit. The group buy offered above might not be alot. But its enough to make me lose most of my comission, and I'm offering it to beyond cause I was allowed to.

So...... I'm calling you out...... Show me these heaters for $400 dollars. As a matter of fact, why dont you show us all... Cause I'll buy 20 units with my own money right now, if their as good as mine and sell em on eBay.

I encourage everyone to compare my units @ www.calcana.com
    Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast