Quantcast
One piece vs. two piece hockey stick - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: One piece vs. two piece hockey stick

Default One piece vs. two piece hockey stick

Just wondering what everyone prefers and why?
    Got a one piece (love it) and also a two piece which I haven't tried yet. Might think about selling it to get another one piece.

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

My experiences with two piece sticks are not very good. I hate the fact how the blade is so weak. Keeps breaking, and my shots are as strong. So I started to use those one piece sticks and find that it's much stronger...the flex on my slap shots is unbelieveable, and they're very light in weight! Releases are much quicker!

Two piece sticks=

One Piece sticks=

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

You play hockey Mike?

I personally prefer the 1 piece hockey sticks, I have a tendency to demolish sticks so having played with both the connection between the blade and the shaft just doesn't feel 'right' (for lack of a better word). There seems to be a loose connection and I didn't like the feel of it.

Between the CF/Composite sticks I like them except for the price of the sticks themselves. I also find that they are very unforgiving when you are shooting with them and take a bad shot. I went back to wood sticks, at $20-40 you can't argue with the price. They have a good weight to them, I didn't like the feather weight of the CF ones. They are easier on you if you happen to shoot wrong and get some bad vibrations.

My Ride
    '12 C350 Coupe

most one piece sticks are two pieces fused together (ex. Synergy SL = Synergy II Shaft + Synergy II/SL blade, and Warrior Dolomite = Dolomite Shaft+Dolomite blade).. theres only a couple monocomp (true one piece sticks) on the market (the only ones i can think of are the Bauer XXX lite and the Warrior Macdaddy). The two piece put together should feel the exact same as the one piece unless you havent put it in correctly or something..

The point of having a two piece available is for economical reasons and also being able to switch up blades (try new curves).

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

One piece! I swapped over this year and will never go back... I just find them so much easier to shoot with.

My Ride
    G35

Originally posted by sCream
    most one piece sticks are two pieces fused together (ex. Synergy SL = Synergy II Shaft + Synergy II/SL blade, and Warrior Dolomite = Dolomite Shaft+Dolomite blade).. theres only a couple monocomp (true one piece sticks) on the market (the only ones i can think of are the Bauer XXX lite and the Warrior Macdaddy). The two piece put together should feel the exact same as the one piece unless you havent put it in correctly or something..

The point of having a two piece available is for economical reasons and also being able to switch up blades (try new curves).
    w3rd sCream beat me too it, if you can cut the blade off at a certain point, and throw in a tapered blade it's not a true 1 piece.

Oh and I got the new synergy elite 1 piece, it dosn't come to stores until the summer for the rest of you suckers.
    Last edited by rvd; 01-26-2007 at 01:31 PM.

My Ride
    2001 BMW M3 Convertible

There was a study done in the NHL and out of all the player's shots (snap, wrist, slap) from a one peice composite to a two peice to a wooden stick, the mph dropped maybe on average 0.5 mph...I guess in the NHL that may be enough to get one past the goalie but for us... its more subconscious likely.

My Ride
    95 TALON

bad news a two piece stick has a way higher connection point. The "one piece" sticks are actaully two piece like someone said before but the connection point of the one pieces is way lower. which means the flex points are different. also the true two piece sticks are way heavier if you have a wood blade in. take whatever you want from that.

Thanks everyone
    Got another question....is it true that black hockey tape will eat through the palms of gloves faster than white??

If you have both you should prob use white on the handle. Especially if you have light colored palms on your gloves, but its doesnt really matter THAT much.

Gotta rock the Synzeo! Little Richards 85flex ...