Quantcast
Classes of People - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Classes of People

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe

Default Classes of People

What are the different classes of people?, I hear on the news all the time, referring to the middle class and upper class. Just curious to know how these classes are classified. Is it soley based on income or other factors like: lifestyle, community, region etc.

And what is the official proverty line? You hear and see ad's, that in Canada certain percentage of children live under the proverty line. When I think of proverty, I think of third world countries, people having to find food/things at the dump etc.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lower Class

Lower Middle Class

Middle Class

Upper Middle Class

Upper Class

* Upper class; Those with great influence, wealth and prestige. Members of this group tend to act as the grand-conceptualizers and have tremendous influence of the nation's insititutions.
    * Upper middle class; The upper middle class consists of white collar professionals with advanced post-secondary educational degrees and comfortable personal incomes. Upper middle class professionals have large amounts of autonomy in the workplace and therefore enjoy high job statisfaction.[3][6][9]
    * Middle-middle class; White collar workers such nurses and school teachers who are still among the 27% of the population who have a college degree, but often lack graduate degrees and high personal incomes are members of this class. Households in this class may need two income eaners to make ends meet and therefore may have household incomes rivaling the personal incomes of upper middle class professionals such a attorneys.[10]
    * Lower middle class; Sometimes used as a synonym for Working class, this particular class consists largely of pink collar and clerical workers who lack a college degree but may have some college education. Out-sourcing tends to be a prominent problem among those in this class who often suffer from a lack of job security.[6][10]
    * Working class; According to some experts such Micheal Zweig, this class may constitute the majority of Americans and include those ofterwise refered to as lower middle.[11] It includes blue as well as white collar workers who have relatively low personal incomes and lack college degrees with many being among the 45% of Americans who have never attended college.[6]
    * Lower class; This class includes the poor, alienated and marginalized members of society. While most individuals in this class work, they commonly dirft in and out of poverty throught the year.[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

LICO (Or Poverty Line) 2004
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.