Quantcast
Hong Kong Style Pancake / Egg Waffles - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Hong Kong Style Pancake / Egg Waffles

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

TomcoPDR - try going outside of the "rush" periods. The weekends for brunch will be worse. Weekdays after 9am should be alright, as most people will be at their jobs already.

You definitely should try the Taro pie from McD's in HK. Not totally unique to HK, but for Asia.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by JDMMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TomcoPDR - try going outside of the "rush" periods. The weekends for brunch will be worse. Weekdays after 9am should be alright, as most people will be at their jobs already.

You definitely should try the Taro pie from McD's in HK. Not totally unique to HK, but for Asia.
    Totally. I love taro stuff.

Iunno if there's non-rush hours in hk like it was 30 years ago lol. Feels packed everywhere imo

Disoblige. Hard to find bathrooms most times (to wash hands; say McDonald's within Mong Kok, shun shui po. They'll just tell u to go 200-300m to a nearby plaza bathroom, which goes back to square one, its mostly disgusting, by the time u properly soap and wash ur hands, you're now stuck having to open these semi moist grimy stainless handles, which again, a lot of Azn dudes don't wash their hands. So at best, I'm waiting for someone else to open the door and I stick my foot wedging the door after him; but everyone is waiting on the next guy to do just that). Viscous cycle, gems love it here

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Go to those "Tea Restaurant" before 8 am or around 930 .. not that busy, and easier to find a parking spot if you drive! ~ 6pm is worst everywhere in HK ..

Well, Jet Lag anywhere, can hang out around 3/4 am ... lol
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    rally pig

have you guys had this at a HK McDonald?

wish we had these in North America

jet lagged in HK, we went to Lin Heung Tea House for breakfast (6 or 7am), pretty cheap and good.
    we were probably the only non-cantonese speaking person inside, just picked the food by pointing at the trays

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    and easier to find a parking spot if you drive!
    I ain't like the rest of 'em Beyond Honger ballers. With private drivers, live in hk 2,000 sqft+ Apartments (relatives or self family owned, or local bff owning baller businesses, cool night clubs throwing $$$$$$ left right centre)

I'm full fuckin public transit , get pushed around by mainlanders purposely cutting in front of your walk path (nobody else around, they just wanna be in front of you then slow down or stop for no reasons. Ok ok I guess no diff than Calgary drivers)

Walking back to relative crash pad in Mong Kok

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

I heard that Lin Heung Tea House was closing shop? Or it could've been one of the Tim Ho Won's. It was on the HK news recently....

Public Transport in HK rocks... the MTR and buses make things so convenient, although the cost is pretty high compared to other highly populated cities in Asia.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    I ain't like the rest of 'em Beyond Honger ballers. With private drivers, live in hk 2,000 sqft+ Apartments (relatives or self family owned, or local bff owning baller businesses, cool night clubs throwing $$$$$$ left right centre)

I'm full fuckin public transit , get pushed around by mainlanders purposely cutting in front of your walk path (nobody else around, they just wanna be in front of you then slow down or stop for no reasons. Ok ok I guess no diff than Calgary drivers)

Walking back to relative crash pad in Mong Kok
    Yeah .. pretty crazy ... ~2,000ft apartment in Hong Kong island side is ~$10M cad .. but driving indeed fun, and traffic is not as bad as people think .. (most drivers are smart vs here)

Indeed, I found "White dudes" in Hong Kong, (not those live there, but tourists) are not better, or worse than "mainlanders", they love to J-walk, cutting in front, loud/yell, "Sit" on streets, even sit inside MTR, rude, negotiate as bad as New Yorkers ... somehow, mainlanders are not as bad as before ...

Most important .. most the Hot Chicks I saw in HK ... are "mainlanders" (mandarin speaking) .. lol

By all mean, Cheap street food in HK is still awesome!!
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post

Most important .. most the Hot Chicks I saw in HK ... are "mainlanders" (mandarin speaking) .. lol
    Oh yes good old PRC ladies. Kryptonite, mandrian instructors to many hk businessman, not to mention good reason fueling so much hk $$$ investing in Shenzhen real estate.

My Ride
    Lease

Just too much food everywhere. I don’t even know how merchants make profits here. And as mentioned why aren’t there more over weight Asians

^

Crazy amount of foot traffic answers both of your questions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5