Quantcast
Favorite Deck Type - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Deck Type

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Default Favorite Deck Type

Just curious, whats everyones favorite head unit type? Ive had a Sony and 2 Panasonics. The newer Panasonic I got heats up like a mofo and tends to skip on some blank Cds. The Sony was ok but had no good visuals. The older Panasonic I had <2 years ago> was amazing. Wish I could remember the model... Anyways, the thing lit up my whole truck, had nice visuals, never skipped and never ever got hot. I need a better deck now, so Im open for ideas.... thinking of a TV deck now. Ideas are more then welcome. Thanx

My Ride
    '04 Subaru STi

i'm running a Pioneer. love it.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

The best out there is Pioneer. Unless you want to Eclipse or Nakamichi which is wayyy better but cost at least $1000 for a decent one.

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Originally posted by Stealth R/T
    The best out there is Pioneer. Unless you want to Eclipse or Nakamichi which is wayyy better but cost at least $1000 for a decent one.
    Im almost ready to frop some huge dollars if the deck is worth it. Instead of makeing my Civic "LOOK" fast, I think Ill just lower it and then work on full stereo. My stereo inside is loud enough now, so I think I wanna go all out. Its gonna cost waaaay to much to actually make my car go fast. Im thinking of running 2 Focal 12's. Its gonna take some time to get everything done the way I want though. Guess I should start planning.

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Another vote here for Pioneer/Premier, especially the Premier line. IMO, two decks you can't go wrong with: Pioneer/Premier and Alpine. Best bang for your buck.

Panasonic is nothing but bells and whistles, if you ask me. They attract most people just because they have a nice light up face and what not, but licks nuts when it comes to sound quality and options. I used to have one and didn't realize how crappy it was until I got rid of it.

Eclipse has some really sweet decks, but I know a few years back there were some complaints (ie: constant skipping, inability to read cdr's) about their level of quality even in their higher end models. Hopefully they've resolved some of those issues by now.

Nakamichi's got some really sweet ass decks, but like Stealth R/T said, they cost crazy $$$.

Clarion's just way overrated for their price.
    Last edited by D'z Nutz; 07-20-2002 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I have a Panasonic...Looks great, but works like ass!

Heats up huge! Skips like all the time when playing burned CD's.

I had a Alpine deck before that, worked awesome!!! Never skipped, great sound quality, but looked like ass.

My next deck will be a Pioneer...Kenny and Rage have the one I was looking into...

my .02
    Travel

My Ride
    NC1

I love Panasonic! I would go get a new deck right now but I am rather broke after all these new toys I bought haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Ya, I agree that Pionners are good too. My buddy had one that never skipped or anything. Very sweet deck. I agree with the Pioneer opinions. Good decks. I should check for the newer models. Whats the best unit out there right now? <from reviews and whatnot> Plus I dont want to have a deck everyone else has. I hate that....

My Ride
    '04 Subaru STi

another thing that is sweet about my Pioneer is how small the remote is, as thin as a credit card and smaller too. it's all good.

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

what do you guys think of this one
    Panasonic CQ-DFX972U

Kinda pricey for a Panasonic though.....

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

OMG! The Pioneer DEH-P940MP looks pretty damn sweet too!! Too bad its like $1200.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Nice deck, but 479 usd is pretty steep...
    Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Originally posted by Benny
    [B]Get this one!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...5,2595,00.html
    I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the price of that one. lol Too much for my blood. Im looking for a nice deck between 500-1000. Anything TOO fancy is just going to have bells and whistles I wont use.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by MaYzE

I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the price of that one. lol Too much for my blood. Im looking for a nice deck between 500-1000. Anything TOO fancy is just going to have bells and whistles I wont use.
    Well, that all depends on what you're trying to acheive. If you're only looking for something to listen to while you're cruising around, I wouldn't spend more than $600 tops (even that's pretty extreme). Anything over and you're going into the competition type decks with the options you won't be needing for regular usage.

My opinion is to figure out roughly what you want your final set up would be like (number of subs, speakers, amps, etc...) and work from there. Once you have an idea of what you want, then figure out specifics (speaker types, which deck, what amp, etc...). Trying to find a cool looking deck and building from there is a terrible way to do things, if you ask me.

decks eh? i've owned 2 pioneer's, 1 panasonic, 1 alpine. right now i have a clarion 9575. i've had it for a year now. so my favorite so far would be the clarion. hehe.

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

This is my system right now. 2 alpine amps <flex2 and v-power> 1 rockford amp <power 500a2>, 2 alpine xr 10's, rockford 6x9's<rear>, alpine 5 1/4<front> and my Panasonic cq-dfx701u deck. Everything now is ok but the deck. It just gets too hot and just plain out blows. New deck is a must. But In the future i wanna lean towards compitition. A new deck is where Im going to start though. Then I may go to 2 12 inch subs. All I know is I wanna redo the whole system. Wiring is done except I may need some heavier stuff for the subs if I want a lot of power. Now I have to hunt for some crisp highs and heavy bass. I like balance.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Ive have 2 Pioneers/Premier's and they are both great decks, I also have an older model sony deck, Dosnt read half of my Burnt CD's!:madred:
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

I favor anything made or supported by Clarion!

CLARION FOREVA!!!!

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast