Quantcast
water/alcohol injection - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: water/alcohol injection

Default water/alcohol injection

just curious to see what everyone's thought are on water/alcohol injection systems.

http://www.smcenterprises.com/Injector.htm

My Ride
    2009 STi

I remember reading somewhere that the MAP sensor on the subaru will corrode with water injection system so it isnt a good idea (i think larry ganz said it). I dont know how much truth there is to that though......

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The amount of water sprayed into the system is very minimal (unless it's configured wrong). You get close to the same amount of water vapour in the system on a very humid day.

I have a Aquamist 1s sitting on my desk right now .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I ran a ghetto water injection system on my 280zx turbo back in the day. Unfortunately I bought the car with it already installed so I really couldn't tell you anything about the setup. It worked very well however, and with a ghetto boost controller (screw valve attatched to the wastgate line) and a disabled blow-off valve (zip ties ) I was able to run some pretty crazy boost without detonation.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by rage2
    I have a Aquamist 1s sitting on my desk right now .
    Is that one of your new toys you were hinting to me about?

I have heard really good things about the aquamist, but only the aquamist, the cheaper brands are not worth it from what others have said.

But I'm not sure how it compares to the NX Ntercooler. As they are close in price. The aquamist would be easier to install that's for sure.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Hollywood
    Is that one of your new toys you were hinting to me about?
    Maybe... .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Attached Images Attached Images  

Propane owns j00!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

But I'm not sure how it compares to the NX Ntercooler. As they are close in price. The aquamist would be easier to install that's for sure.
    You still need to find a water source with Aquamist which can be a pain in the ass.

On the Ntercooler vs. Aquamist cost in the long run goes to the Aquamist.

I not sure how effective shooting NOS at the intercooler is, but one of the complaints about aquamist finding the right balance of water to shoot thoughout the RPM band.

My Ride

How much did you pay rage? U can pm me if u dont want it public.

I agree with the propane as it cools the intake and combustion much like nitrous but the thing about the propane deal is that not enough people have expierience with that setup.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Very cheap. I found it on the Porsche forums, the guy bought it, never installed, and had problems with his car, so he sold it before it was even used.

How much did you pay rage? U can pm me if u dont want it public.

I agree with the propane as it cools the intake and combustion much like nitrous but the thing about the propane deal is that not enough people have expierience with that setup.
    I've wanted to try propane out for a while, but with no turbo car... The information on how to basically set it up is out there, but tuning would be completely up to the builder, which would require making dynomotive or davenport quite rich if you don't have onboard engine managment.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride

Originally posted by redline

You still need to find a water source with Aquamist which can be a pain in the ass.

On the Ntercooler vs. Aquamist cost in the long run goes to the Aquamist.

I not sure how effective shooting NOS at the intercooler is, but one of the complaints about aquamist finding the right balance of water to shoot thoughout the RPM band.
    Water source is not a problem, and it does not use that much the spray is pressurized so a little bit of water goes a long way...any gas station has avion!

You don't shoot NOS, you would go to jail for that, NOS is a company.

But you can use nitrous, but CO2 is cheaper and more effective as it's the pressurized gas is what is cold, does not really matter what gas type but CO2 is not flammable, and cheaper so that's why it's better.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

I've wanted to try propane out for a while, but with no turbo car... The information on how to basically set it up is out there, but tuning would be completely up to the builder, which would require making dynomotive or davenport quite rich if you don't have onboard engine managment.
    Yea, too much guesswork.

My Ride
    F355 GTB-Fiero GT-Civic Si-Champ Car-300ZX

My buddy is running alchohol injection on his T-type. Before the alchy he was running 12.0XX. After alchy with no other changes, he pulled 11.873

It looks like there is an increase with just the cooling effects even without running more timing/boost. I will definately be adding water or alchohol injection to the Z in the near future

My Ride
    pedals

from what i hear, its hard to tune the injection. Too much and im not sure, but too little and it doenst make any difference. But how much boost are you running? wouldnt an upgraded/upsized intercooler be an easier route?

Originally posted by redline
    Nitrous is about -200F when its sitting in the tank. Much colder than co2 or water.

My Ride

Originally posted by pox
    Nitrous is about -200F when its sitting in the tank. Much colder than co2 or water.
    Cops dont like Nitrous but CO2 on the other hand....

Build an enclosure for it that looks like a sub box or something if you are concerned about it. A cop cant do anything about it if the bottle is secured down with the valve pointing skyward.

hmmm it would be cool to have one, like the one on the STi....i read in the newspaper that when you push the intercooler spray button you get an increased boost by 30% sounds like bull shit to me, but im really not sure if that is true or not.

My Ride
    F355 GTB-Fiero GT-Civic Si-Champ Car-300ZX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast