Quantcast
Cops are being sneaky - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops are being sneaky

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Default Cops are being sneaky

Just saw people getting pulled over for infractions. Basically the cops pretended to be a tow truck, but they were actually calling in all the violations to a group of cops up ahead. That is low IMO. I think that if they caught you the "regular way" it would be ok, but this method is pretty low.

THE THREAD IS NOT INTENDED TO START HEATED ARGUMENTS
    just a heads up

This isn't that much different from using an unmarked police vehicle and I don't see what the problem is.
    It's very sneaky but should NOT be considered 'low'; they are not doing anything morally or legally wrong.

On the CFCN news, I saw lots of people getting pulled over, illegal tint was being torn off and some people were PISSED at the cops. Oh well.....
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    Pathfinder

I for one don't Care if the cops catch someone for Illegal tint or illegal lights...but when I see Cops Speeding without lights on and driving dangerously that pisses me off.....If they are going to a Call they should have there lights on just to make sure that they don't cause an accident. I have seen it almost happen a couple times. I know they are there to "Serve and Protect" but are they Above the law?

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by mwmhong
    This isn't that much different from using an unmarked police vehicle and I don't see what the problem is.
    It's very sneaky but should NOT be considered 'low'; they are not doing anything morally or legally wrong.

On the CFCN news, I saw lots of people getting pulled over, illegal tint was being torn off and some people were PISSED at the cops. Oh well.....
    True in a way, but unmarked is not BLATANTLY lying about the purpose. I mean if I lied to a cop about my purpose that is pure deceit.

My Ride
    Mercedes Benz R class, Mercedes Benz E class

What an exellent example of "To serve and protect"

www.bmwvsmbz.com

My Ride
    a MILF

isnt it "To Serve & Collect"?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
    I for one don't Care if the cops catch someone for Illegal tint or illegal lights...but when I see Cops Speeding without lights on and driving dangerously that pisses me off.....If they are going to a Call they should have there lights on just to make sure that they don't cause an accident. I have seen it almost happen a couple times. I know they are there to "Serve and Protect" but are they Above the law?
    Yes, according to them, they are above the law. Sometimes going to a call requires discretion. No lights no siren.

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

i saw a cop run a stale yellow light once... that was kinda dumb imo, cause it went red as he was half way across

max
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

is the tow truck is a cop? or is Busters doing this.. because it HAS to be a cop that witnesses the "crime" just double checking...

There has to be a law against impersonating a tow truck driver. hahahah

Originally posted by Fuji

True in a way, but unmarked is not BLATANTLY lying about the purpose.

Traffic cops ALWAYS use things like lifted-up trunklids, unmarked and slicktop cars, broken/abandoned cars, trees, poles, bus shelters, power boxes, blind corners, hill crests and overpasses to help conceal themselves to nab people.

How is utilizing a tow truck any different?

Similar examples of police 'deceit':

Cops hiding up in the high rises downtown spying on prostitution.
    Booby-trapped cars that trap the car thieves inside.
    Cops in riced-out J-bodies nabbing challengers/haters.

The key principle is that they want to catch you in the act.
    They're not going to be 100% nice, friendly and honest and let you know ahead of time because they wouldn't catch anybody.

It's just part of the game.
    It is a form of deceit that is merely 'prima facie' wrong because it only punishes those who are caught doing something wrong.
    If you are innocent of any wrongdoing then you are fine, right?

Real-life Example:

I used to work at the SCAM-pede selling ride coupons and we were only supposed to sell special passes to certain people. Some hillbilly-looking guy comes up and asks for a special pass and I sell it to him. After I take the cash, give him his special pass and his change, he flips out his wallet and shows his ID. Works for some undercover audit commitee for the Stampede and says I should only be selling these to certain people and that my supervisor will be informed of this. I thought he was just a normal customer and I was DECEIVED. There is nothing wrong with what he did.

Originally posted by Fuji

I mean if I lied to a cop about my purpose that is pure deceit.

You cannot equate mere visual concealment/deceit to direct verbal deceit.
    They are two different things.

Lying to a cop verbally is just the same as the cop lying to you verbally. Both are wrong in simple everyday situations.*

This is totally different from the cops wanting to visually conceal/deceive to nab people.

The thread title is correct, Cops are SNEAKY. That is how they catch people doing things wrong. In being so sneaky they are not doing anything wrong.

*However, cops do have an edge whereby they can in certain situations lie verbally but that is only to catch the bad guys, which is within their power. This matter is outside of the scope of this issue, which is strictly about visual concealment/deceit.*
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

when i was 16 i was in the car with a friend that just got his license. he was driving recklessly and sped past an ambulance.

cop pulled us over about 2 minutes later because the ambulance called it in. they didnt give him a ticket though because he wasn't there and didnt witness anything. just a warning.
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    1992 240sx *soon*

Angry

Dont they have more important things to do? I mean there teenagers running rampant smoking and having a nickle bag of pot to be cought!! arnt there ever any real crimes to be delt with? oh wait some one wiht a loud exhaust or tint are wose then rapists sorry. Mabye they should give us some incentive not to speed and it wouldnet happen anynmore they arnt doing anything wrong by hiding, it just annoying how they are "cracking down" when there are more important things to do

Originally posted by sil-eightyDrift
    Dont they have more important things to do? I mean there teenagers running rampant smoking and having a nickle bag of pot to be cought!! arnt there ever any real crimes to be delt with? oh wait some one wiht a loud exhaust or tint are wose then rapists sorry. Mabye they should give us some incentive not to speed and it wouldnet happen anynmore they arnt doing anything wrong by hiding, it just annoying how they are "cracking down" when there are more important things to do
    I'm quoting myself below

Originally posted by mwmhong
    You can't tell them "don't you have bigger things to go after." They're not going to let all the speeders, drunk drivers, burglars and rapists go because a mass murderer is on the loose. Illegal is illegal, regardless of its severity, you have something illegal and they catch you, you pay for it.
    Also, just because you see traffic cops pulling people over doesn't mean they're neglecting the other bad guys.

Most of the 'more important things' are CALLED IN and they have patrolling officers to handle those calls while the others are busy collecting revenue.

I guess if you want to be cynical, you can view this mass vehicle pullover as a greater show of police presence that is much more profitable.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by sil-eightyDrift
    you fail to know ANYTHING about the police force and how they have departments.

There are many kinds of cops including traffic cops, their job is to look for violations of the HTA. There are cops assigned to 187's and all that good stuff.

I've seen many cases where someone will make a brutal traffic violation right in front of a cop, but they are on their way to an investigation or have something more important to do, so dont sit there and ramble about the "have nothing better to do" trash.

if you are assigned to traffic duty, then that is your job.

End of discussion.
    Travel

I think it's actually divided up by unit, and the revenue collecting traffic cops aren't necessarily what you would call the 'cream of the crop'.

Even other cops diss them and say they aren't even real cops!

Anyways, carry on troops.

My Ride
    '01 mazda 626

i don't see what's so wrong about just obeying the law?

i mean if you're not doing anything wrong then you dont have to worry about a cop pulling you over for something

obviously if you see them and you're doing something wrong ie. speeding you will slow down before they have a chance to go after you. . .

like when i drive, i usually go like 10km/h over the limit . . . and most cops dont care unless it's in a school zone

theres alway's a cop car beside this school, theres stuff infront of where he stands, so you can't really see him untill you're like 5-10 metres away from it

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Serve and collect I like that.

I still dont understand why exhaust tips are illegal.

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by Hollywood
    Serve and collect I like that.

I still dont understand why exhaust tips are illegal.
    and i don't understand why my medium tint that you can see through is illegal

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by SeRb
    i don't see what's so wrong about just obeying the law?

i mean if you're not doing anything wrong then you dont have to worry about a cop pulling you over for something

This is just plain wrong though. I have been pulled over many times for no reason. Once, I was even froced to get out of my vehicle, and searched. I did NOTHING wrong.

I got a bogus ticket for running a stop sign (I did stop). I got a bogus ticket for turning on a red without coming to a full stop.... that was BS. I got a ticket for not turning into the closer lane, when the law plainly states that you do not have to turn into the closer lane if there is someone parked within half a block to the intersection (it was the cop himself that was parked in the way).... etc etc. etc.

That is why cops have a bad wrap. Some of them are plain and simple power tripping assholes.

Why is tint illegal if you add it later, but legal if the car was originally so equipped? Why can cops blow stop signs (or roll through them), but when we do it, its a $200 fine? And really....why are muffler tips illegal? A Harley bikes is louder then 99% of "our" cars. Why are seat belts mandatroy? Safety data shows that at low speeds typical of city driving, seat belts CAUSE more injuries then they prevent....

When it dongs on you that it is nothing but a cash grab, it kinda makes you mad....

Toma

My Ride
    '01 mazda 626

you got a point there Toma. . .

i've been driving for about like 4 months and i've only gotten pulled over twice. . .

once was because it was an alcohol check, no harm there, i'm glad to see cops doing that. . .

another time my tail light was out. . .
    and that wasnt a big deal either cuz he was driving behind me, and then while he was there it went out. . .

so i dont have much reason to be angry with the cops

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast