Quantcast
Official NHL 2006-2007 Thread & Trade/Playoff talk - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL 2006-2007 Thread & Trade/Playoff talk

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Official NHL 2006-2007 Thread

Late into the season, but better late than never.

Post all non-Flames and non-Oilers related discussion here....

Looks like LA is really cleaning up house. Avery got traded to the Rangers today.

NEW YORK (AP) - Sean Avery, the NHL's most-penalized player the past two seasons, was traded to the New York Rangers on Monday night in a deal that sent checking forward Jason Ward to the Los Angeles Kings.

Avery had 10 goals, 18 assists and 116 penalty minutes in 55 games this season with the Kings, who also acquired the rights to unsigned forwards Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek. Los Angeles sent 19-year-old prospect John Seymour to the Rangers.

"Some teams were actively pursuing Sean, the New York Rangers were very aggressive," Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said. "From our standpoint, the key is the young player, Cliche, who has impressed us."

Avery has made more of a splash off the ice.

The brash left winger received a league reprimand in September 2005 when he made derogatory comments about French-Canadian players after then-Phoenix defenceman Denis Gauthier hit former Kings teammate Jeremy Roenick in an exhibition game. Avery issued an apology.

He also was outspoken a few months later when he received a fine for diving during a game. Avery complained about the punishment, which resulted from a second offense, and drew a second US$1,000 fine. He suggested that the NHL singled him out because of his earlier comments.

As part of his protest to the diving fine, Avery chastised union members on the league's competition committee - including new Rangers teammate Brendan Shanahan - for agreeing to such penalties that aren't subject to appeal in the collective bargaining agreement.

The 26-year old Avery had 257 penalty minutes in 75 games last season along with career highs of 15 goals, 24 assists and 39 points. He signed a one-year contract with the Kings before this season worth $1.1 million and can become a restricted free agent in the summer.

"He's been good," Lombardi said. "All year he's learned to be a better teammate. He comes to play every night. Sometimes emotion gets the best of him. I think he's made marked improvement this year.

"Sometimes players just take a little time to mature. Sean's still young, hopefully he'll continue to do so. He's going to a big stage now. If he continues (to mature), he'll do just fine. From the summer, when I first got there, there wasn't much of a market for Sean Avery. He's made progress."

The deal was completed shortly before the Rangers faced the Detroit Red Wings, Avery's first NHL team. He is expected to join the team for Tuesday's game at New Jersey.

New York has been looking for a spark while trying to break out of a slump in which the Rangers lost six of nine and 13 of 20. They were held to two goals or fewer 11 times during the stretch that dropped them below the cutoff line in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Ward, who can be an unrestricted free agent after the season, had four goals and six assists in 46 games. He was scratched for five of New York's previous seven games.

Seymour had one goal and five assists in 34 games with the Brampton of the Ontario Hockey League.

The Kings, last in the Western Conference, are looking more to the future.

Cliche, 19, has 15 goals and 21 assists in 35 games with Lewiston of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, while Marek posted 17 goals and 26 assists in 42 games with Magnitogorsk of the Russian Hockey League.

"Jason Ward obviously is an NHL player, he can come in and play for us right now," Lombardi said. "A player like Cliche, who played for the Canadian National team, this kid works his tail off, he's the type character we're looking for.

"Marek is one of the leading scorers in that league. He's got a lot of skill and is made for this game. Two players who have some upside and a player (Ward) who can come in and play now. I think this made a lot of sense for us."
    Other LA related news, Lundmark also scrored 2 goals so far since the trade.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Well he scored one goal. The first one, he was simply the last one to touch the puck before an opposing player Steve Smithed it or something. Good riddance out of the west for Avery. Glad to see him gone.

Minnesota news: Manny Fernandez to be out for about a month with his current injury.

NW Divison: 10 points separate first from last...is that the highest the difference has been all season?

Dallas Stars seemingly falling out of the sky a little bit....can there be room for 4 teams from the NW?
    Mike

My Ride
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Needs a new ride)

I've been wishing for a thread like this all season.

Looks like the Kings are cleaning house. What's next, Blake to Deadmonton? Seeing as how Smith is unhappy there, the Oilers need some leadership.

My Ride
    2000 323i

The word as per the Fan 960 is that they want to keep Blake around, as a mentor to prospect Jack Johnson. Although they do have Visnovsky in there as well. I expect one, but not both to go, but they did mention Blake specifically.
    Mike

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

An Official Post inside an Official Thread: NHLers who should just retire already.

1. Rob Blake
    2. Chris Chelios
    3. Dominik Hasek
    4. Jeremy Roenick (I really want to see him as a color commentator)
    5. The A2VR6 Special - Joe Sakic
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by HyperZell
    An Official Post inside an Official Thread: NHLers who should just retire already.

oh im sorry, i didnt know getting more than a point per game was grounds for retirement. Give it up already .

In other news, looks like Samsonov wants to be traded...

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

1. Rob Blake
    2. Chris Chelios
    3. Dominik Hasek
    4. Jeremy Roenick (I really want to see him as a color commentator)
    Hasek is not going to retire for atleast 2 more season! he has been playing the the Dom of old in detroit and that means hes there to stay!

I think Sakic could go for one more maybe 2 seasons! hes having another career year and he is the Avs main leadership guy! i would think that once their younger players learn the ropes joe will hang them up but until then hes not going anywhere!

did u see hasek yesterday. he saved Detroit's ass a few times after a HUGE comeback

My Ride
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Needs a new ride)

Originally posted by A2VR6

In the paper today, they said Aucoin to Montreal, Samsonov and Rivet to Chicago.

Eklund reports: I just talked to a source in Montreal who believes that Samsonov was placed on waivers at the request of at least one team that may be willing to grab him on re-entry. I wouldn't be surprised, but I have yet to find who the team is. Before today I had heard that Chicago, Nashville, Anaheim, and Detroit had some interest in Sammy.

I am also hearing that this may be a pre-curser to Montreal picking up some "rather substantial salary in the next 7 days."

Bertuzzi to Detroit, Ducks or Habs.

Wings express interest in Nathan Horton.

Thrashers consider Jason Allison to boost PP.

Gary Roberts to Ottawa, to Vancouver, Calgary. (No way!)

Robert Esche to Tampa

Anson Carter to Vancouver, Montreal

Radek Dvorak to Washington

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by A2VR6

oh im sorry, i didnt know getting more than a point per game was grounds for retirement. Give it up already .

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

Hasek is not going to retire for atleast 2 more season! he has been playing the the Dom of old in detroit and that means hes there to stay!

I think Sakic could go for one more maybe 2 seasons! hes having another career year and he is the Avs main leadership guy! i would think that once their younger players learn the ropes joe will hang them up but until then hes not going anywhere!
    LOL, I knew that Sakic remark would get a rise out of you, A2VR6. Of course, I'm only kidding - he really is the best player using a cane.

And Gondi - take a closer look at Hasek's history. I'm going to tell you right now what's going to happen. Detroit is going to make the playoffs, but Hasek won't be able to keep up and he will split his groin in two. After that, he's done for good. You can't flop like a fish forever.

haha..good thread, time for some good ol hockey talk...

thoughts on who will make the playoffs in the east?

im thinking

1. Sabres
    2. Devils
    3. Atlanta
    4. Ottawa
    5. Montreal
    6. Carolina
    7. Tampa Bay
    8. Pittsburgh

Malkin/Crosby will get there team into the playoffs while TO will be in 9th looking in....

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

As long as the Oilers and Maple Laffs miss the playoffs, I'll be happy for the summer.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by CRXguy
    As long as the Oilers and Maple Laffs miss the playoffs, I'll be happy for the summer.
    You mispelled 'Leafs' with 'Laffs'...O WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!1!

I concur.

My Ride
    94 Teg

as long as the flames and canes are out in the first round ill be happy
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

You mispelled 'Leafs' with 'Laffs'...O WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!1!

I concur.

I agree as well

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by SneakyNeek
    as long as the flames and canes are out in the first round ill be happy
    2 questions meant to embarrass you:

Where are you from, and what do you drive?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Kimchee
    haha..good thread, time for some good ol hockey talk...

thoughts on who will make the playoffs in the east?

im thinking

1. Sabres
    2. Devils
    3. Atlanta
    4. Ottawa
    5. Montreal
    6. Carolina
    7. Tampa Bay
    8. Pittsburgh

Malkin/Crosby will get there team into the playoffs while TO will be in 9th looking in....
    You put Pittsburgh as 8th? I think 5th or 6th, and with the way Raycroft is playing, I'll be surprised to see leafs missing the playoffs. Carolina might miss the playoffs, and possibly montreal unless they find some way to turn it around.

Sabres might not finish 1st, they're playing like shit now, 4-5-1 in the last 10? Devils will catch them.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

hahaha good one.

so what are the Penguins thinking?
    How come they havent gotten Crosby some protection yet?
    They REALLY need to find him an enforcer soon and they've been saying that the GM has been trying to find one since LAST YEAR. It's not hard to find an enforcer.

Malkin
    Ovechkin
    Crosby
    Sean Donovan

The future is looking good.

My Ride
    94 Teg

im from calgary and i dont drive a honda.

happy.

i think the penguins are going to be a contender in the east.

they deffinetly need to get a enforcer tho
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Eastern Conference:

1. New Jersey
    2. Buffalo
    3. Atlanta
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Ottawa
    6. Montreal
    7. Tampa Bay