Quantcast
the peg cops - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the peg cops

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

Default the peg cops

in winnipeg, cops there are pretty strict, more then here in calgary, i went there for summer vac. with my bro. we saw sume dude get pulled over bcuzz his exhaust is too big and they thought his car was too low (we're parked ) so the way they measure it if ur car is too low is they let all the air outta ur tires, and if aany part of ur car touches the ground (i.e exhaust bumper etc..) u'll get a ticket and they'll leave u there with no air in ur tires...but if nothing touches the ground they'll still give u a ticket for having them taking the air outta ur tiiires...suxx..
    Oliver

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

no way... how are you supposed to drive away if you have no air??? that's bullshit

thats so stupid

get some 19's with really low pro tires
    letting the air out wont drop the car height at all

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

they call a tow truck for u ...but u still have to pay for that also...
    but i dont think they do it all the time but they still do it sumtimes
    Oliver

Default Re: the peg cops

Originally posted by talonboi
    in winnipeg, cops there are pretty strict, more then here in calgary, i went there for summer vac. with my bro. we saw sume dude get pulled over bcuzz his exhaust is too big and they thought his car was too low (we're parked ) so the way they measure it if ur car is too low is they let all the air outta ur tires, and if aany part of ur car touches the ground (i.e exhaust bumper etc..) u'll get a ticket and they'll leave u there with no air in ur tires...but if nothing touches the ground they'll still give u a ticket for having them taking the air outta ur tiiires...suxx..
    ya i was born in the peg, we honestly got it lucky here.. ive heard that story about letting the air out of ppls tires soo many times... thats totally ridiculous (but true)

On Portage (the main "cruising dowtown drag in the peg) the winnipeg police force has special units set up for the sole purpose of ticketing modified cars, no joke.. i think my cousin said they have F-150s and the entire flatbed is a toolbox, they can literally dismantle your car and put it back together if they felt like it, and unlike most cops these units know what the fuck theyre doin/talking about, they can lift up your hood and say.. "illegal.....illegal..illegal,illegal,illegal,illegal", and they will write up a ticket for everything and anything they find

bottom line- winnipeg is brute, no one moves there... everyone gets the fuck out ASAP, its a dying city

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

That is bs they give u a ticket for them taking out the air what morons

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I always carry a small compressor in the trunk - would be funny to see their faces when you start inflating all your tires again.

Khyron

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

they even have civics done up with video camera;s on the dash board to bust everyone racing...so many people got busted it took a week for my bros friend to get busted...
    Oliver

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

i live in brandon for the summers, and go to winnipeg pretty often.

ive never seen/heard of this ever happening.. cops dont even think about pulling me over out here, where as in calgary i'd be pulled over pretty often for having modifications. in brandon ive gone through many checkstops and they just say "nice car" and send me on my way.
    2 doors and 4 rings

get some advan ao23r's, even if you let the air out of them the sidewall is so stiff it will rest on them..

his car was too low (we're parked ) so the way they measure it if ur car is too low is they let all the air outta ur tires, and if aany part of ur car touches the ground (i.e exhaust bumper etc..) u'll get a ticket
    Sounds like bullshit to me.

My Ride
    335i

Sounds like bullshit to me too.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Default Re: Re: the peg cops

Originally posted by DSM Power

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Sounds like bullshit to me too.
    sadly its not... beware tha peg po-po!!

Just what modifications are considered illegal in alberta?
    I moved from bc, and I havent had any trouble there for anything except not having a cat....

My Ride
    99 Civic

...but if nothing touches the ground they'll still give u a ticket for having them taking the air outta ur tiiires...suxx..
    huh?
    what are they gonna write up on the ticket...
    a cop cant just make up a "street rule" whenever a cop wants.
    If nothing touches the ground then this means you're innocent...

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

i think this is bullshit. ive lived in manitoba for 10 years now, and ive never heard of this.

alot of modified and tuner cars these days will run a 35 or 40 series tire, so if they let all the air out of the wheel.. its only going to lower the car about an inch.. so of course no one is going to hit the ground if it goes down an inch.

plus, with letting out air, the cops might damage the tire or the rim, god know if they did this to me i'd get them to pay for all damages.
    2 doors and 4 rings

but if nothing touches the ground they'll still give u a ticket for having them taking the air outta ur tiiires...suxx..
    ya.. that part isnt true, but they will take the air out of your tires and leave you ther, if theyre nice they might call u a tow truck

i was born in winnipeg... lived there 22 years until i moved here...

the one thing about winnipeg is that it has a HUGE car scene and everyone is pretty organized...

every sunday night portage avenue (3 lanes each way) is bumper to bumper everything from classics, muscle, import tuner, ricers... and just hot chicks driving daddy's car... so basically... for about 4-5 km its idle speed cruising... and TONS of people tailgating in every empty parking lot...

its alot of fun.... would be nice if calgary had something like that perhaps on 17th ave (kinda narrow)...

basically everyone who wants to show off their car knows where to cruise and get noticed without needing to be a part of any club or group

good times for BSing with people about your car

in the afternoons there is Kildonan Park which is a great place for cruising and watching the bikinis on rollerblades... its gotten so packed lately that the cops have closed the park just to clear out some of the traffic... and families dont go there anymore because it takes almost an hour just to leave

anyhow... would be nice to see some more "organized" cruising in calgary...

sputnik

one more thing... the "letting the air out of the tires" story is BS... along with most other stories...

i will say that the cops do run checkstops pulling in cars that pull in cars that they feel are too low or unsafe... its generally just a visual inspection (in the dark of night)... so unless there is something horribly obvious its not an issue...

at least in winnipeg you dont get pulled over for having your windows tinted

sputnik

his car was too low (we're parked ) so the way they measure it if ur car is too low is they let all the air outta ur tires, and if aany part of ur car touches the ground (i.e exhaust bumper etc..) u'll get a ticket and they'll leave u there with no air in ur tires...but if nothing touches the ground they'll still give u a ticket for having them taking the air outta ur tiiires...suxx..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast