Quantcast
Start of a new cold war? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Start of a new cold war?

My Ride
    GTI

Default Start of a new cold war?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle1368824.ece

Mr Putin attacked Nato. He said the inclusion of former Soviet satellite states in the Atlantic alliance had destabilised Europe and threatened Russia. “Against whom is this expansion directed?” he asked. Not since Nikita Khrushchev banged his shoe on the table at the United Nations in 1960 has an international gathering heard such an icy blast from Moscow’s leadership.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/art...009339,00.html

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/20...3_135550.shtml

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...9/204945.shtml

My Ride
    SoupRYou

fuck thats not good at all damn it russia
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

damn it Russia? lol

So if Russia brought back the Warsaw Pact and the US complained you'd say "Damn it US" ???

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

I have a feeling an arms race is gonig to occur in the next few years....

My Ride
    02 RSX

fuk US thinks they own everything and everyone so FUK US

Hakkola, please stop your fear mongering.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

Originally posted by Russo
    If by fuck us you mean fuck you, then yes I do agree.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by Russo
    By the way, where in the article does it mention anything about the US?

You done?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    1985 Volvo 240 DL

We're already into the third world war. Read it and weap.

My Ride
    1985 Volvo 240 DL

Originally posted by natejj

That's tripe. Everyone knows that the only people who cary guns in public are psycho's and freaks. Most of who talks about shit like that are just talking. Watch your guard. We don't want people like that around here. Hunting for game is fine because animals breed and we need to eat. Other crap is mostly in the movies and there should be bans on stuff like that. No body likes a psycho. They're all going to go to jail anyways like that guy with the pig farm. I'm pretty sure he killed 50 hookers probably. That was his goal and he's a pervert for going after hookers anyways.

That poor Jamaicon kid got shot last year that's not okay. All these new people are moving into our city and bringing their guns and attitude. They're going to hell.

You can't change any of the things that are going on in the world you can only influence what is around you. Did you see that add on transit about the Ombudsman office. Call them if you have a problem and then maybe something will happen. There's government officials all over the province who deals with your concerns and most of them have integrity and will agree with what you have to say. Posting on forums isn't going to change how they feel about things. You have to talk to them direct. That's how things go on here.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by Stiletoonfire

That's tripe. Everyone knows that the only people who cary guns in public are psycho's and freaks. Most of who talks about shit like that are just talking. Watch your guard. We don't want people like that around here. Hunting for game is fine because animals breed and we need to eat. Other crap is mostly in the movies and there should be bans on stuff like that. No body likes a psycho. They're all going to go to jail anyways like that guy with the pig farm. I'm pretty sure he killed 50 hookers probably. That was his goal and he's a pervert for going after hookers anyways.

That poor Jamaicon kid got shot last year that's not okay. All these new people are moving into our city and bringing their guns and attitude. They're going to hell.

You really should do a little research into firearms laws, why they're there, what they accomplish, and who abides by them before running your mouth off.

While I'm certain that it's much easier for you to believe that the rediculous gun laws in this country keep you safe, but that is not the case. You probably think that the firearms registry decreases crime rates too.
    Gun control is used to control people, not guns.

I'm not going to tear into you about your naive views on guns, gun owners, or gun laws just yet. First, I'm going to invite you to do a little research into what your talking about, then it'll be up to you to decide if you want to argue this any furthur.

Kris

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by khtm
    Hakkola, please stop your fear mongering.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

You can't change any of the things that are going on in the world you can only influence what is around you. Did you see that add on transit about the Ombudsman office. Call them if you have a problem and then maybe something will happen. There's government officials all over the province who deals with your concerns and most of them have integrity and will agree with what you have to say. Posting on forums isn't going to change how they feel about things. You have to talk to them direct. That's how things go on here.
    Hahahaha, you really need to go look up what an "arms race" is!

They're just mad that communism lost. So what if the sattelite states want to side with a winner, its their right as free states.

And talk about the arrogance in Russia thinking they're still what the world is worrying about. If NATO wanted to expand as insulation, its for protection against China. Hell, Russia can hardly control whats going on inside their own country nevermind threatening NATO. The only thing the Western World has to worry about from the Russians are how many nukes are missing.

My Ride
    1985 Volvo 240 DL

Gun control is there for a reason. I knew a guy who was close to throwing a grenade into a boston pizza in Calgary. Yeah. I know the streets aren't safe. You think Gun Controls control people. It makes them aware and it makes them afraid. There are things out there too terrible for us to imagine. By being human and elaborating what's going on with other people you can actually give people the message, "Is this what I want to have in my life." Maybe they don't or maybe they're greedy and want to get ahead in life by putting other peoples lives at stake- Like in the movies. Some people are stupid. If they're being stupid then you should make them feel that way is the way I see it. It's ridiculous and it's real. That's all shit. People who act like shit should be treated like shit. Gun control is there to make you stop and think about the risks involved. It's called being aware.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by natejj
    That was Putin's exact point.... he said correctly that the US is ALREADY fueling an arms and nuclear race cause no one feels safe with the US's aggressive foreign policy.

My Ride
    You Crazy

But what really concerns me (and according to his speech, Russia as well), is the US's plan to build a new Missile Defense system in europe.... like Russia says... "against who?"....

Like I said, the Russians should park some missiles in cuba and south america. American's are pushing for a world war.... everyone needs to prepare.
    Last edited by Toma; 02-12-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Gun control is there for a reason. I knew a guy who was close to throwing a grenade into a boston pizza in Calgary. Yeah. I know the streets aren't safe. You think Gun Controls control people. It makes them aware and it makes them afraid. There are things out there too terrible for us to imagine. By being human and elaborating what's going on with other people you can actually give people the message, "Is this what I want to have in my life." Maybe they don't or maybe they're greedy and want to get ahead in life by putting other peoples lives at stake- Like in the movies. Some people are stupid. If they're being stupid then you should make them feel that way is the way I see it. It's ridiculous and it's real. That's all shit. People who act like shit should be treated like shit. Gun control is there to make you stop and think about the risks involved. It's called being aware.
    How did this guy get a grenade? And why was he going to throw it into a Boston Pizza? Did he just want to see what a military explosive would do in a crowded restaurant or is he just nuts and thus shouldn't be the kind of person who should have a grenade or any kind of firearm in the first place? Did he go through the proper channels to acquire the grenade? If so, why would they sell him a grenade? Did he not previosuly know the risks of a grenade before gun control came about?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Gun control is there to make you stop and think about the risks involved. It's called being aware.
    Gun control is pointless.

Nothing make you more aware of not to use a gun when you know that everybody around you is ready to fire back.

Joking aside.

People who want to commit a crime with a gun, will found and use a gun regardless. If people are starting to use vehicles to smash into store and rob them, should we start banning cars and trucks too?

Back to topic.

Russia is penis envy. EU is expanding it's empire and US is kind of doing the same while Russia keep shrinking.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Does this drivel even make sense to you?
    I sincerely doubt that I'm alone in my confusion.
    Is your video-game induced, attention deficite disorder so advance that this is the extent to which you can focus?

I'm not going to bother arguing with you. You're ability to follow a conversation and hold a train of thought seem to be impaired to the point where debate is futile and painful.

Have a great day, and try not to get distracted by something shiny and walk in front of a bus.

Kris