Quantcast
Special Offer: Oilfield Jobs and Engineering jobs with Halliburton - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Special Offer: Oilfield Jobs and Engineering jobs with Halliburton

Default -- delete me --

This post has been removed at my companies request.
    Last edited by NaPaLM; 07-22-2007 at 01:09 PM.

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

wow..anything for a guy with a civil engineering technology diploma from SAIT?

Yes of course!
    If you're willing to work in the field.. in some places the only requirement is being a warm body. The oil field is desperate for people in the field due to the amount of rigs that have sprung up because of oil prices.

Technically, I never completed any post secondary, as I dropped out of computer programming to become an MWD. So even though it's alot harder, it's still possible to get a job that pays six figures without even going to school.

8 months isnt a really reasonable time to expect to get "out of the field" though.. Chances are you won't break out for 8-12months... then you start to mak emoney..

As for an interview, be prepared for an hour and a half, or 2 hours, of explaining how you've handled "xyz" situations in the past, and bragging yourself up... and kiss your home life good bye
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 02-12-2007 at 07:33 PM.

My Ride
    '09 STi

I am looking for a summer job during my summer break? ~4 months. Any ideas? Thanks!

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

What kind of office jobs are there....and where are they located.

Alright so..
    Yeah you are right about 8-12 months, depending on what company you work for and how many days your willing put in. I personally worked 6 months of actual rig time before I broke out. It really depends on your ability and eagerness to learn.

Some people are just faster than others, and like I said.. you will expect to give up the first year of your life in the patch.. to your job. It's worth it in the end though, I'd have to give up 4 - 6 years of my life in school with no pay to be able make this kind of money doing anything else.
    Most people I work with only had to get a diploma and only some had a B.A. I've only ever met ONE person with a masters.

Really depends on where you are in your life, right now .. working a 4 and 4, getting time off in bangkok to do whatever and whomever I please is my absolute fantasy job
    I'm making over a 100k a year for only 6-7 months of work.. so I get like 4-5 months of vacation pretty much wherever i want in the world.
    A person making there way up from scratch could have that in about 3-4 years if they play their cards right. Even less if they are smart and good at negotiating. (Which is what I did)
    Your allowed to transfer within the company after only one year of employment i believe, but they sure as hell won't tell you that

As for summer job, yeah I'm not sure about that. I think I can only recommend people for Full Time positions sorry.

And as for office jobs, well there is lots...
    go to

http://www.halliburton.jobs/

that's where the giant list of jobs is..
    Just make sure you come talk to me before you try to apply or else you'll be lumped in with all the rest of the pile of resumes they get and I won't be able to help you

Hope that helps

PS. It's 30 degrees where I am right now

Last edited by Mixalot27; 08-26-2017 at 07:28 PM.

My Ride
    Cayman

just out of curiosity, do you have any idea what your typical security drill bit salesman would make?

Alright,
    I'm starting to get bogged down by a lot of people asking for information about specific jobs (which I have no idea about, IE. Office work) and what I think they should do career wise.
    Unfortunately, I am neither a career counsellor nor an HR person who is able to explain the details of whatever random job it is that you want.
    All I can do is recommend people who have a pretty good idea what specific "field" they want to get into.
    For instance, the only person I've recommended so far... went to the

Found the job he wanted (office) posted me the HR persons name, I looked over his resume briefly, sent it off, he used my personal contact info for the referral, and I sent the HR person his resume on top of that so he gets pushed to the front of the line, bingo bango done.

Unfortunately, I am unable to just "suggest" what you should do, you need to take some initiative and do a little research on your part first. I'm not keen on recommending people who haven't taken at least a few steps to find out what direction they want to go.
    I spent weeks preparing my resume and getting contact information when I got hired, I wish someone had helped me by doing a referral. So don't take it for granted, take the time to at least browse the site and find what you want before emailing me and asking what it is, that *I* think *YOU* should do.

Even though it's been mostly office people who have messaged me so far, i think the ones who have messaged me saying exactly what they want to do, actually have a good shot despite it being hard to get into the office. (Halliburton *IS* a fortune 500 company, they aren't going to make it THAT easy on you) Hopefully, I can get you that second look over your resume that most peoples resumes dont make it too..

*points at mixalot*
    For instance, that guy .. I'd recommend right away, he at least took some time to find out what exactly it was he wanted to do, and came with a specific question as opposed to something a little bit more vague and open ended.
    That being said, I have no idea what other positions might be available for you buddy, I'm far removed from that side of things unfortunately.

Also, I don't know what security drill bit salesmen make, but as a general rule.. Halliburton tries to aim their salaries at the 50th percentile of the market. So exactly dead even with what any salesmen would make. Altho, I think drillbit salesmen are crooked and make lots of money, lol! (kidding)

K, I hope I helped give you guys a little bit more direction. Keep the emails coming, but let's keep them focused a bit more. HR loves people who have a clear and distinct direction.
    Cheers!

Any jobs for HD mechanics?

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

^You must've missed the posts above. Look at the link instead of asking, it's amazing how far you can get by showing initiative.

I'd like to add, that just yesterday I got a job promotion!
    I will be on 100% tax exempt status and I will be getting paid more money. I should be taking home well over 120k over the next year. Just goes to show you what kind of opportunities are available for FIELD hands right now with the oilfield boom.

and now for the replies..

Thanks used1,
    Yeah.. let me re-iterate for the third time.

Don't PM me, send me an email.
    I am not a Halliburton HR person, I can't recommend what job is good for you.

go to

Find what job you want, if you have questions about the particular job then try

www.google.com
    www.wikipedia.org

When I was first looking into LWD, I found lots of people had already asked the same questions that *I* had about the job and not only did I get a good feel for what it was all about, I also found out which companies were good and what-not.
    You will soon learn that Halliburton is one of the best for employee retention and career progression, imho.

My hitch ends on the 26th of february, so you guys have until then to use my services. I may still be able to help you after that, but I'll be on my one month vacation and you can rest assured that this will not be a priority.
    But whilst I'm stuck on this enormous hunk of metal in the middle of the gulf of thailand, I will keep trying to help all the people who have been emailing me.

Also, my msn connectivity has been next to nothing for the last few days. I'm not sure why, probably because of the satellite internet connection. However, my email and browsing ability is fine, so email is probably your best bet. (It's more professional anyways)

I apologize If I sound like a bit of a dick now, but I keep getting about 70% of emails asking what I think they should do with their lives, and although if I was talking in person I could explain things better. I just dont have the time or energy to explain to about 10+ people a day what it is I do, and what job out of the several thousand that halliburton offers, that I think they should apply for.

I'm just a medium for people to get a giant head start on other applicants. If that discourages some people, then great! I have a tonne more respect for people who take initiative and get all the facts, before coming to me.

Better get that searching and researching done quick though, I'm off in...

11 Days

Cheers

Last edited by Mixalot27; 08-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lol, wtf? The guy wasn't flaming you, he was saying you were the only one who asked a direct question.

Originally posted by Mixalot27

I thought my post made it pretty clear in the first sentence that I want to get into Land Administration (surface or mineral). I did take the time to look through jobs on the site. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any postings for the job I was looking for. Except for that generic sounding Administration one which gives basically no description or details. So all I was asking was if you happened to know what type of job that was. Or if you might by chance know of any jobs available in Land Administration. I thought it was a pretty simple question really and if you didn't know you could of just said that without the condescending attitude. Its funny to see you bitch about not having time to respond to ppls questions yet you take the time to write 5 or 6 paragraphs flaming them instead. Sorry if not all of our questions and requests are up to your standards, your highness.

I don't think I would be successful getting hired at Halliburton since judging from you and Dick Cheney (the only 2 ppl I know affiliated with Halliburton) its seems they adhere to a strict Assholes only hiring policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Yeah, dude?

I take back my "That's one guy I would recommend statement" ...
    Strange *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure I put that in clear english.

Anyways, in reference to what I was saying earlier.. I have been getting a couple emails that are only about 2-3 sentences long, which say something along the lines of...

"Hey man,
    I'm looking for a job in the office in "such and such" field, could you recommend anything for me?"

Now, I'm not flaming the people that send these emails. In fact, if I was a HR person that does canvassing at uni's and such.. I would probably be able to recommend something. I understand that, that is a normal stage in the job search cycle. However, that is out of the scope of my ability. I really just don't know what to offer people. I'm just trying to help people who are at or near the last stage of their job searching and need a little assistance.

So to re-iterate, sorry if I offended anyone who has sent emails. Yesterday I had about a dozen emails and was getting a little overwhelmed. Today I havent had any *new* ones, so I have some time to go more into depth.

9 Days left..

Last edited by Mixalot27; 08-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Is their any positions for Plant Operators?

I am a Power Engineer, and I have experience as a Plant Operator and a Field Operator.

Looking to run a Power/Gas/Refinery Plant, doesn't really matter.

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Originally posted by stealth
    Is their any positions for Plant Operators?

I am a Power Engineer, and I have experience as a Plant Operator and a Field Operator.

Looking to run a Power/Gas/Refinery Plant, doesn't really matter.
    Do you know what Haliburton does? I suggest that you research the company prior to applying. As far as I know, they do not own or operate any plants. How long have you been working in this industry? Haliburton is a large and well known company in the service industry, NOT a producer.

edit: Not trying to be a dink or anything, but why don't you people have a look at this website prior to bothering this guy with uselss questions. Haliburton site
    Last edited by USED1; 02-16-2007 at 11:23 AM.

My Ride
    STI

Do you need any on site paramedics? looked at your web site but didn't see much?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast