Quantcast
Crestview and Sherwood - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Crestview and Sherwood

Default Crestview and Sherwood

I just recently moved to Sherwood and our builders were Crestview.
    First of all the were shit and we've been here for about 4 months and shit is still not complete in our house. (outside and inside)
    Just wanting to know if anyone else has dealt with Crestview and what they thought.
    Also what do people think of Sherwood. So far it seems like a pretty quite nieghborhood, no hotties that i've seen while pervin down the streets

My Ride
    SlowBalt

How is shit still not complete in your house? You obviously rushed to move in. Did they/you say anything during your final walk through?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Crestview and Sherwood

Originally posted by Karim316
    Also what do people think of Sherwood. So far it seems like a pretty quite nieghborhood, no hotties that i've seen while pervin down the streets
    Development in Sherwood has seized I've heard.

They don't want any more traffic til that Stoney Tr ring road mess is done. Which I agree, it is dangerous at night.

So it'll remain quiet for a few years yet.

I like the neighborhood so far. It's seem to try to maintain an upscale image. Not as good as Hamptons (golf course/mature) but better than everything else in the area.

As long as they keep the cheap crap out (<$450K), I think it will turn out nice.

The only thing I hate is that the whole neighborhood seem to be bowing down to Costco or worshiping Costco as a god since it's built so far up the hill from Sherwood.

But what can you do

As for Crestview home, I think they are the only builder left in Sherwood. Definitely not a big builder. What do you expect when their website hasn't been updated for almost 7 years and none of the links works.

http://crestviewhomes.ab.ca/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-13-2007 at 11:17 PM.

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Default Re: Re: Crestview and Sherwood

Originally posted by Xtrema

Development in Sherwood has seized I've heard.

They don't want any more traffic til that Stoney Tr ring road mess is done. Which I agree, it is dangerous at night.

So it'll remain quiet for a few years yet.

I like the neighborhood so far. It's seem to try to maintain an upscale image. Not as good as Hamptons (golf course/mature) but better than everything else in the area.

As long as they keep the cheap crap out (&lt;$450K), I think it will turn out nice.

The only thing I hate is that the whole neighborhood seem to be bowing down to Costco or worshiping Costco as a god since it's built so far up the hill from Sherwood.

But what can you do

As for Crestview home, I think they are the only builder left in Sherwood. Definitely not a big builder. What do you expect when their website hasn't been updated for almost 7 years and none of the links works.

http://crestviewhomes.ab.ca/

Have you been to Sherwood lately!! I work for the developer (home builder they own). We are building like crazy there right now. And will continue to do so for a long, long, long time! And yeah, as for the cheap crap, there isnt really anything in Calgary that's new left for under 400k. We build up in Taralake in the NE and it's hard to get a little house up there for 350k even. That is the way the entire housing market has gone. Check out mls.ca and look at houses in the new communities they are all through the roof with their prices. I am just glad I bought my condo back just before the prices went up. I still havnt moved into it yet, but it has made me over a 100k.
    Last edited by civicguy2002; 02-13-2007 at 11:40 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Re: Re: Crestview and Sherwood

Originally posted by civicguy2002

Have you been to Sherwood lately!! I work for the developer and the only builder really left there. I work for Reliant Homes who is owned and operated by Genesis Land Developments, and we are building like crazy there right now. And will continue to do so for a long, long, long time!
    Yeah, you are the only one left. But 1 builder build like crazy isn't the same as 8 builders building like crazy like in Panorama.

Since you're in the biz, why did the other builders pulled out?

I remembered at one point there are at least 4 show homes and 4 builders. How come only Reliant is left?

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Why have the other builders pulled out? Well basically if you read up on the press releases from Genesis Land Developments, they want to become a vertically integrated company. In that they will be able to do everything. So in other words, they want to own the land, develop the land, build and sell the houses, as well as build multi family and commercial space all within the communities. So when you hear that say Sherwood is a Genesis Community, you will know that everything in that community is built by them. It is the way the real estate market is going. Myself coming over to this company with the purchase of the old home builder it gives me some job security knowing that there is going to be land to build on. The big problem for small home builders right now is getting ahold of land. So when you are the owner of the land and the builder, there is a lot of safety there. This is the way things have been done in large city centers like Toronto. Most of the communities in Toronto are developed and built by the same company.

Seems like you guys know your stuff
    Xtrema do you work in Real Estate/Construction as well?

and is Shaganappi gonna merge on the bridge and are they gonna get rid of the current road? Is that how the set is going to be??

Originally posted by Sharpie
    How is shit still not complete in your house? You obviously rushed to move in. Did they/you say anything during your final walk through?
    We were told originally that our posession date would be in october, which was already pushed ahead from august. And I understand that there are constraints with the whole labour shortage. But the people who purchased our previous home needed to move in as we already gave them a date that they could. So we were pretty much forced to move in. But since we moved in , there were lots of oppurtunites for them to come and finish things around the house and they haven't. 4 mounths later we are stuck without a drive way, which would have been good for the last 2 weeks

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Karim316

We were told originally that our posession date would be in october, which was already pushed ahead from august. And I understand that there are constraints with the whole labour shortage. But the people who purchased our previous home needed to move in as we already gave them a date that they could. So we were pretty much forced to move in. But since we moved in , there were lots of oppurtunites for them to come and finish things around the house and they haven't. 4 mounths later we are stuck without a drive way, which would have been good for the last 2 weeks
    I don't work in the biz but I keep track of all the real estate stuff around my hood (Central NW area).

My feeling is that since Crestview is not busy in Sherwood any more (it's now belong to Genesis), it's harder to find their own people doing odd jobs to finish up your house. All their guys are working in Airdrie.

we built a few houses in sherwood with crestview too, and it took 4-5 months to do the driveway and complete the outside of the house, so its not uncommon. I really like the sherwood area, but because of the new houses being built there, there are quite a few break-ins (even in the middle of the day on the main street as they did with one of our houses).

From what I have been told, Genesis bought Waverly Homes so you will see mainly Waverly Homes in Genesis developed areas. I have seen and heard from people who bought Waverly Homes and I can't say that is merge/acquisition is a positive one. The other builders in the Sherwood area were Greenboro, Arcuri and Kasl Homes. At least those were the ones selling when I was checking it out. I'm not sure how good Greenboro is but I didn't like the Arcuri design in Sherwood. Of those builders, I would have gone with Arcuri as they are probably the best of all the builders. DO NOT BUILD with Kasl Homes, I'll write all about it later when my house is done but they have the WORST customer service and will gouge you for money EVERY chance they get. I hope they NEVER build in Calgary again!!! Although I hear they are getting lots in the Panorama area.

As for the OP, I'm sorry that you choose to go with Crestview as I would definitely not have chosen them my visits with them did not convince me of their competancy. I'd expect your driveway to be poured sometime this spring. I think you should check with New Home Warranty to see if you can take any action against them. Anyways, hopefully your house will be done soon so you can at least be rid of these stupid, greedy builders!!!

If there are any trades people here, you should do something so the builders will stop blaming all of you guys for their problems!

My Ride
    !

Reliant and Point Grey = Genesis
    $180.00 HID kits!!
    [Single Beam][Limited Quantity][Call Now!]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    -708-9036
    [email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Dont know your bulb size? Click Here *
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit us in the Marketplace: Beyond.ca - HIDStop

Cosmetic Styling. Driving Safety.
    We carry xenon conversion kits for every automotive application.

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Point Grey Homes, and Waverley Homes are the same company, just like Greenboro and Elite just different levels (starter vs. bigger) Genesis Land had started up their own home builder (Reliant Homes) about a year prior to the purchase of PGH. In order for Genesis to do the things they want to do, they felt the purchase was a good one. And as a designer for the company I know that this has been a good one as I have never been this busy in my entire life.

Also for the record Greenboro has never been a builder in Sherwood. Here is the website for Sherwood and for Genesis so that everyone can get their stories straight.

Thanks

Sorry, my bad, now that I remember correctly, it's Park Green Homes, not Greenboro!