Quantcast
HighSchool Drivers Beware! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HighSchool Drivers Beware!

My Ride
    91 Civic

Default HighSchool Drivers Beware!

Hey,

I'm at Bishop Grandin and a police officer/cruiser has been around our school at lunch time pulling over all car's that leave the parking lot. Checking to make sure enough seatbelts which is a good thing, but they are issuing tickets for AFTER-MARKET SOUNDSYSTEM'S (They ask you to pop the trunk and look for sub/amp), TINT, EXHAUST SYSTEMS and RIDE HIGHT. Don't ask why they are giving out these bullshit tickets, I don't know but wasting 10 min's of my lunch to search my trunk is not cool.

Spread the word!
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

thats gayyy,,, get his badge number, haveing a stereo in your car isnt illegal!!

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

tell him if he doesnt have a warrent then he cant search your car.. he waste's your time and you waste his!!!! haha

ahahaha thats soo much b.s.!!! yeo man near the beggining of the year they were making sure everyone had legit insurance, and stuff.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

they've been doin stuff like that for awhile now.
    i remember they were doing that a few years back when i was in high school. u just gotta be careful and do things like obey the law.

in all fairness i don't blame them for trying to cut off the illegal mod target before it gets real bad with fnf2 comin out in less than 2 weeks
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    UA6

they never did this kinda shit at my high school which was beaverbrook. they only ticket the constable ever gave out in the parking lot was for double/triple parking.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

when i was in highschool i never parked in the parking lot, i always parked across the street to aviod those kinda things....

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 09:15 PM.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

WTF? Never heard of that before, that sounds ridiculous...
    Nobody cop in BC's gonna get away with that shit

My Ride
    1998 Neon MTX Sedan

First, they don't need a warrant to search your car, unless is it parked in your garage in which case they would need a warrant for your house.

Second, the way to stop that kind of horseshit is to not pay the tickets. Go to court with them. Flood the friggin courts with so much bullshit that the judges rip the cops a strip for giving out silly tickets. I had this happen once when the cop ticketed me for a non-functioning HIGH BEAM. The judge reamed the cop out in court claiming that he was likely just looking for a reason to harass the high school kid in the 5.0.

My Ride
    B7A4

Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
    they never did this kinda shit at my high school which was beaverbrook. they only ticket the constable ever gave out in the parking lot was for double/triple parking.
    how do you triple park?
    (must be a woman haha j/k)

Originally posted by Toms-Celica
    they are issuing tickets for AFTER-MARKET SOUNDSYSTEM'S (They ask you to pop the trunk and look for sub/amp)
    Do you have anymore details as to whether the stereo system was ON at the time (causing noise disturbance) or was it off? I would like to know what charge/infraction is written on tickets issued pertaining to this.

I'm thiinking they were snoopng in people's trunks because they were looking for something else, just finding an excuse/reason for people to pop their trunk.

ILLEGAL lowering, tint and exhaust is all fair game. You play, you pay. Guess the police are giving them kids some education.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Originally posted by dam_guy

how do you triple park?
    (must be a woman haha j/k)
    you'd be amazed at some of the stupid stuff that can happen at beaverbrook. *sniff* i'm so proud be have gone there
    it is now 40 below, you may wear pants...*

My Ride
    firebird

Yeah Beav was pretty good for PoPo's giving out tickets. He would always creep around the feild looking for the dope smokers, and he would give the odd seatbelt ticket, but nothing too crazy.

But what is this garbage about soundsystems?

Are aftermarket soundsystems illegal?
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

Aftermarket stereos are not illegal, playing them at 130 decibels is...

I remember once they were doing a red light checkstop and they pulled this low rider truck over. Gave the kid a ticket for the tinting, the kid started to spout off to the cop... They cop made him remove the illegal tint right there on the side of the road. One of the funniest things I ever saw!!!

Man I'm glad the Low-rider truck faze has come and gone...

lammer Guest

maybe they were looking for stolen stereo items?!

Default Re: HighSchool Drivers Beware!

Originally posted by Toms-Celica
    Hey,

I'm at Bishop Grandin and a police officer/cruiser has been around our school at lunch time pulling over all car's that leave the parking lot. Checking to make sure enough seatbelts which is a good thing, but they are issuing tickets for AFTER-MARKET SOUNDSYSTEM'S (They ask you to pop the trunk and look for sub/amp), TINT, EXHAUST SYSTEMS and RIDE HIGHT. Don't ask why they are giving out these bullshit tickets, I don't know but wasting 10 min's of my lunch to search my trunk is not cool.

Spread the word!
    dude, that sucks ass; whats with the constable at grandin anywayz? (or is it just a public constable picking off kids on the roads?)

the constable at my school doesnt give a shit; he used to have a 69 camaro (paimp juice! ) , he said he'd buy my car off me and swap in a V8 if he didnt have a wife.. hahaha

sadly most cops hate on imports alot more ive noticed; thats manufactureist!! ... errrr... somethin... hehehe

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Originally posted by EvilNeon
    First, they don't need a warrant to search your car, unless is it parked in your garage in which case they would need a warrant for your house.
    i personally would never consent to a search of my car if the cop asks. if you consent then anything they find is fair game. if you don't consent and they don't have reasonable grounds for a search then anything they find will probably just get thrown out

My Ride
    GTI

SO many dumbass kids at beaverbrook they should have the cop there everyday after school.

I witnessed an accident in the parking lot, crazy ass kids.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 05-27-2003 at 01:32 PM.

Originally posted by Hakkola
    SO many dumbass kids at beaverbrook they should have the cop there everyday after school.

I witnessed an accident in the parking lot, crazy ass kids.
    w00t!!! lol
    it is now 40 below, you may wear pants...*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast