Here's a bit of interesting reading - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Here's a bit of interesting reading

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Here's a bit of interesting reading

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    firebird

Yeah I think thats the way to go these days.

Or you can go see the dealmaker of all dealmakers down at Rocky Mountain Plaza. He is awesome, and half the time he throws your tickets out, or tells you just to pay the fine.

He got a 23 over in a construction zone reduced just to paying the fine. It never showed on my abstract....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Excellent post!! I read the entire thing, then e-mailed it to all my buddies.

This has got to be the best thing I have heard for years... so true it's not even funny:

In an ordinary speeding case, the decision whether to issue a warning or a citation is left to the discretion of the police officer, who has probably already made up his mind. Be polite, but don't volunteer any information. "The officer is going to try to get you to say you were speeding," says Eric Skrum of the National Motorists Association, a motorist-advocacy group. "If you admit guilt, it will go in his notes and be used against you if you go to court."

When asked if you know why you were stopped, do not commit yourself. Just say something like, "I'm not sure." If the officer says you were speeding, respond with, "I see," or say nothing. Silence doesn't equal an admission of guilt, nor does signing the ticket. You are simply acknowledging receipt of a copy of the ticket.

If you are pulled over out-of-state, don't assume that paying the ticket promptly will prevent the infraction from being reported to your home state -- even if the officer suggests that that's the case. Just about all states share information about driving infractions.

Peter