Quantcast
For all of you traveling in the U of C area - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: For all of you traveling in the U of C area

My Ride
    firebird

Default For all of you traveling in the U of C area

Just a heads up.....

I went up there yesterday to grab some shit from the registries office and I saw Mr. POPO hanging out catching speeders.

He was southbound on University drive, right in the parking lot at the intersection before the lights and the merge lane onto Crowchild South.

I travelled that road every day for 8 months and I NEVER saw a cop there. He was getting people left right and center and you could not see him until you were already caught. He had one of those hand held guns and just a regular safety vest.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    335i

He's there ALL the time dude
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    firebird

Wow...... never saw him there once since sept. I should have gotten many tickets then...
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    He's there ALL the time dude
    They've been hanging out there since I entered the U years ago! Still using the bus shelter to hide?
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by B17a

They've been hanging out there since I entered the U years ago! Still using the bus shelter to hide?
    Yep

They are ALWAYS there. I travel that way at least twice a day, on my way to school and on the way back. A lot of times, they are hiding behind the bus shelter.

I have never seen them on 24th avenue though, where you turn from University drive towards the art parkade. I've always thought that was a pretty good place to hide/catch unsuspecting students.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

He was always at the bus shelter at 1pm. No fail.
    ---

My Ride
    firebird

Is there a bus shelter by the parking lot?

Thats where I saw him.... he was about 15 feet north of the set of lights and his car was deep in the parking lot where you could not see him.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 09:15 PM.

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

1st time u get a warning, second theyll ding u...just dont pay em if you dont go there often

Originally posted by kaput
    Does anyone know if you can get a parking ticket for leaving your car two or three blocks past the london drugs and walking?
    wtf? thats so far
    are you talking about the residential areas? If so, as long as theres no pass required you can park there.

just park at london drugs..haha, but you gotta be sneaky!

I go to the gym at the UofC about 4 times a week and I've alwasy parked in the London Drugs parking lot without any problems.

My Ride
    firebird

Why not get a pass for $15/ semester at the mormon church by scurfeild hall?

Cheapest parking around..... I parked there for two semesters.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

no i totally know what you mean about saving on parking! haha

i parked right at TD for half a semester. You could tell all the cars which were U of C students. One day I came to class late, and all the cars had tickets on them. (CITY tickets)...so I don't park there very often anymore. Sometimes I do, but look out for a grey pick-up truck, he goes around watching people and writing down licence plates then calls the city. Might be a different guy now.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Mckenzie

More info on this pass? I'm in business so that would be perfect!

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by Mckenzie

yeah except that the parking lot isnt that big and you gotta be there at like 7 on the day they have the signing up to get in line and you MAY get one. THat place is VERY sweet but like all sweet things there's not too much to go around But about the london drugs...i've been parking there for almost two years and i only see some people get tickets like once every month or two and it's always only a couple cars that parked close to the store. A lot of people park there now and it's getting pretty busy so try to keep it somewhat on the DL coz if there's gonna be tons of people parking and interfearing with their customer space they'll start cracking down. But i got my Safeway sign in the window (even though i dont work at that store) so i'll be the only one with no ticket It's a nice/quick 5 minute walk to Science Theatres so it's not bad at all. So if you park all the way at lot 10 and all those lots around there you have to travel the same distance