Quantcast
Dog the Bounty Hunter Extradited to Mexican Jail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dog the Bounty Hunter Extradited to Mexican Jail

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Default Dog the Bounty Hunter Extradited to Mexican Jail

lawlercoaster owned?

http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_h...g_fff_news.jsp

FEBRUARY 16: An Associated Press report out of Guadalajara, Mexico stated that a Mexican federal court has denied Duane "Dog" Chapman's injunction request and has ruled that the star of A&E's "Dog the Bounty Hunter" should be extradited and stand trial for deprivation of liberty - a charge stemming from Dog and his posse's 2003 capture of convicted serial rapist, Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta.

Mexican authorities had asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii and U.S. Marshals took Dog, son Leland Chapman and associate Tim Chapman into custody back on September 14th for their role in bringing Luster to justice. Dog, Leland and Tim were released on bail and have been awaiting a ruling on their request to stop the extradition proceedings, which would otherwise require them to face trial in Mexico.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," Dog and wife Beth Chapman said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Andrew Luster, the notorious heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune, was convicted of drugging and raping three women over a four year span. During his trial in 2003, Luster fled the country, leading to an international manhunt. In June 2003, Dog and his team tracked the fugitive Luster in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he was living under an alias, and seized him. Luster was subsequently found guilty in the US and is currently serving a 124 year prison sentence. At that time,in June 2003, Dog, Tim and Leland were arrested by the Mexican authorities for unlawful deprivation of liberty and released on bail.

How ironic...

No matter if what he did was right, going to Mexico and illegally arresting a rapist, theres laws.... and we gotta follow em....

Question: Since he's in the states, who has authority to send him to Mexico? I mean, if hes being charged in mexico, should the states even care? Will they deport him? Or if he ever goes to Mexico he will get arrested... anyone know?
    Last edited by natejj; 02-19-2007 at 09:16 AM.

My Ride
    Civic SiG

I think this is horrible, I watched the A&E special a few months back and felt sick to my stomach over it. Also this creepy Luster guy is only being charged for three women, but there is evidence that he drugged, rapped and brutalized over 100 women. He would drug them, then video the ordeal...laws or not DOG did the right thing...sometimes bureaucracy gets in the way of that. I just cannot believe the US authorities are following up with the extradition…kinda screwed up IMO

You can't start a fire without a spark

My Ride
    91 Mr Not

I think it's up to the States to go collect him or be helpful if Mexico sends somebody to collect him. They should grow a set of balls and tell the Mexicale's to go suck burritos in this case.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think his lawyer said that chance of jail is probably 50/50. Most of these cases is just a fine. But if he does get the maximum, he probably won't survive jail. You know that they would hire somebody to fuck him up in there.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

pretty messed up situation, when they nabbed the guy in mexico he still had a rape kit with him
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Honda

One more reason why I'll never go back to Mexico.

*EDIT*
    I'll add some more in case this turns into a discussion....
    While 'Dog' might not always be the most proper form of authority, he definitely has my support on this one. When this story first broke I thought he would be released certainly. It's really sad that he might be prosecuted, although I still believe he'll be a free man at the end of it all.

How anyone, in any gov't, can stand up for the rights of that rapist is absolutely beyond me...
    Last edited by ninjak84; 02-19-2007 at 03:19 PM.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

As much as I like to see convicted Rapists go to Jail, how would you like it if we had Mexicans coming to America, or Canada, or Americans coming to Canada to arrest people? What if they got the wrong guy?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by ninjak84
    One more reason why I'll never go back to Mexico.

How anyone, in any gov't, can stand up for the rights of that rapist is absolutely beyond me...
    Not a case of standing up for the rights of a rapist. Mexico, like Canada, has laws which must be upheld. Not to sound cliche but the ends don't justify the means.

Unfortunately, and especially in the line of work that Chapman is in, the law has to be followed to the letter and there's a very thin line which he clearly crossed.

For the record, I hope he gets off.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by MrPid
    I think it's up to the States to go collect him or be helpful if Mexico sends somebody to collect him. They should grow a set of balls and tell the Mexicale's to go suck burritos in this case.

What he did was a noble thing. Mexicans should back off and the Americans should just stick it to them.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

fuck mexico, they're gettin to cocky lately.. they needa be reminded whos in charge and runs the show to the north of them.. all of these unexplained murders are adding up to...

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

Originally posted by Isaiah

Not a case of standing up for the rights of a rapist. Mexico, like Canada, has laws which must be upheld. Not to sound cliche but the ends don't justify the means.

Unfortunately, and especially in the line of work that Chapman is in, the law has to be followed to the letter and there's a very thin line which he clearly crossed.

For the record, I hope he gets off.

Sometimes rules need to be bent. However I agree that countries have a set of rules that need to be followed. A light punishment would be just fine.

The problem in this case is that once Dog and his crew had captured the villian they wouldnt release him to the Mexican authorities and so they arrested Dog also. Something like that at least.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by natejj
    As much as I like to see convicted Rapists go to Jail, how would you like it if we had Mexicans coming to America, or Canada, or Americans coming to Canada to arrest people? What if they got the wrong guy?
    a) The guy was already convicted. For all that's worth, he's guilty. So "getting the wrong guy" isn't a factor. It's already been determined that he's "the guy".

b) If someone is suspected of something, they should be able to be brought to face those charges, where reasonable.
    Example: You rape someone in America, you get brought back from wherever the fuck you're at and get tried with rape.
    You get charged with spitting on the sidewalk in Thailand, I expect Canada to tell the Thai government to go fuck themselves.

That said, and by that definition of lawful extradition based upon reasonable/humane grounds, Chapman didn't do anything wrong (in my book).
    However, by the hippy ass nanny-state, bleeding heart, bullshit definition we've got today, the Mexican government is doing the same thing by coming after him as he did in going after rape-boy.

Personally, I feel that if you're convicted of a violent crime like rape, your slimball, pathetic, piece of shit existance should be void of all civil liberties and the wrath of what you've sown should be brought upon you promptly and viciously.
    As such, as soon as that gavel comes down convicting you of being a kiddie diddler or rapist, you no longer have any right.
    Human rights are great, but rapists and piddlers aren't humans, so they aren't entitled to them..

Kris

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

anyone ever stop to think that Andrew Luster might have payed the Messican clowns to pursue the matter with Dog Chapman, so as to get some "payback" for arresting him down there. he is after all a stupidly rich slime ball

My Ride
    '09 STi

Yea that is crazy. It makes sense that the Mexicans are going after Dog in America like he went after that guy in Mexico. Hopefully he gets off, it is a not bad show.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by natejj
    id love it if they came and took away serial rapists that were lurking among our sisters/mothers/wives/girlfriends, and welcome them. now this guy is going to mexican prison, where he will die. what the hell is wrong with you?

as for getting the wrong guy - doesnt matter, hes getting bail jumpers, not handing out sentences. they still have their right to a fair trial. you know, that fair trial that theyre running from.

think before you "lawl"

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by googe

id love it if they came and took away serial rapists that were lurking among our sisters/mothers/wives/girlfriends, and welcome them. now this guy is going to mexican prison, where he will die. what the hell is wrong with you?

as for getting the wrong guy - doesnt matter, hes getting bail jumpers, not handing out sentences. they still have their right to a fair trial. you know, that fair trial that theyre running from.

think before you "lawl"
    Alright, and for every 20 rapists they bring back, they mistake 1 guy, and arrest the wrong guy? Or in the process, they shoot someone, or someone innocent is injured, and now they are gone from the country, and nt accountable for what they did.

Like i said, I think its a good thing what he did.... Im not disagreeing with it.... but the law is the law... and he broke it.... no one should be above the law, regardless of their actions. Except Jack Bauer. He can do whatever the fck he wants.

My Ride
    Model S

shoot someone? with what, their pepper spray? seriously, get a clue

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 03:21 AM.