Quantcast
old people driving.. Your thoughts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: old people driving.. Your thoughts

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Default old people driving.. Your thoughts

Latly ive had some bad experiances wiht elderly drivers. First incodent i was sadly waiting for the bus oneday and this old guy stopped his car in the middle of the road get out and slowly walks away. about 10 min later i see him come back with a shopper drug mart bag, get inot his car start it up and leave.

Incodent number 2 after the last silent rage meet, im sitting at this lite in the turning lane, and this old couple in a van pulls up next to me and stops( there light had been green for a while) the just sit there, then they just look over at me, they wait a few minuts and drive off.

its really strange what some people do, theres no reason to do any of it fuck they almost caused a 4 car pile up

old people should retake their drivers test at 60, and every 10 years after that, i dont mean to discriminate against age, but some ppl go senile and cannot take care of themselves any longer (hence retirement housing) and are a danger to themselves and other ppl on the road

Ive seen a ridiculously old man (like honestly 90+, he looked like he could drop dead any second) on Hwy2, when he was changing lanes his turn signal was on in the opposite direction he was turning, like WTF man??? get off the road!!!

Both my grandparents are horrible drivers as well, i refuse to get in the car if they are driving, they are oblivous to any forms of traffic signs (school zones, yields, stops, crosswalks, etc...) ; its fucking scary

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Originally posted by Wildcat
    old people should retake their drivers test at 60, and every 10 years after that, i dont mean to discriminate against age, but some ppl go senile and cannot take care of themselves

good call on that, there been a few other times... the worst thing ive ever seen while driving, some dumb bitch was reading a book, talkin on a cell phone, and lookin at a map while drivin.. she might have been puttin on make up to i can remember.. no bs either

My Ride
    Z31 turbo, MPV V-6

i was there when they pulled beside us in the green lighted lane and stop, i think everyone should be tested at least every 10 years, that way ppl who fluked out the first time will eventually fuck up

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I think 70 should be the deadline (no pun intended) for mandatory eyesight and co-ordination tests every year. The problem is though,Seniors are a large vote,and no politian would introduce any law like that ,because seniors wouldn't vote for them...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i've seen some pretty bad driving by the elderly.. i remember seeing this guy driving a rental down Glenmore/Macloed... he was going at 40 down that 80km/h road.. and he keep driving ON the lines.. i got pissed off so i tried to pass him when we were bothing trying to turn into Macloed.. then just when i was about ot pass, he swirl his car back ON the line again.. i had to slam on my brakes.. then he stopped his car like 6 cars length from the Right turn light...

I was nice enuf to not honk him ( it only was me behind him).. then then right turn light turned green, and ~ 30 secs later he finally moved forward and made the turn.. but made me miss it!!!

My Ride
    Village Bike

I think 65 is a good age for seniors to be retested for their license. Then every 2 years after that. Also...test their parking ability.

My girlfriends grandmother (66) picked me up from the optometrist (had my pupils dilated) and I'm glad I couldn't see very well. She almost caused 3 accidents on the way home from Chinook Centre. I have stumbled to the C-Train station with my eyes fully dilated everytime since then and don't regret it.

My Ride
    Z31 turbo, MPV V-6

OFF TOPIC: whats wrong with your eyes?

My Ride
    firebird

...... and look who has to pay the outrageous premiums....

I agree with you all for sure....

I dont deny that I am agressive behind the whell, but I am responsible, alert and defensive.

Old people do not have the reaction times that younger people do, nor do they have the emergency maneouver/ evasive action (sp?) reaction times down either. They also are not as alert, and I would assume are more prone to sudden medical emergencies. Also, at that age eye sight and hearing are not up to par, which all adds to the alertness factor.

I cant even count how many times I have merged onto DF behind a car with old foggies in it doing 60 km/h, or even stopped at the end of a merge lane looking behind them.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    04 STi

If you have the kleenex box in the back window, take your keys, throw them in the garbage and never drive again.

My Ride
    Z31 turbo, MPV V-6

haha sean no more driving for your mom

My Ride
    NONE

I hate how most of them drive. They cut you off, they go way to slow, they can't really see. They shouldn't be able to drive.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    Glenmore/Macloed... he was going at 40 down that 80km/h road..
    same thing, glenmore old lady driving 40, then today on crowchild near 17th ave turnoff, old guy was doing 50...

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    ...... and look who has to pay the outrageous premiums....

What outrageous premiums? Stay away from the tickets and your insurance will not be affected. Are you speaking of 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 year olds? Nothing wrong with charging them up the ass, for most of them will cause at least 1 accident during these years.

In general, I agree with what most of you have said but aging is not kind. I bet you that most of these seniors have no idea that what they are doing are even potentially harmful to other motorists on the road.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Originally posted by max_boost
    I bet you that most of these seniors have no idea that what they are doing are even potentially harmful to other motorists on the road.
    Reminds me of a lot of female drivers too...

My Ride
    firebird

What outrageous premiums? Stay away from the tickets and your insurance will not be affected. Are you speaking of 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 year olds? Nothing wrong with charging them up the ass, for most of them will cause at least 1 accident during these years.

In general, I agree with what most of you have said but aging is not kind. I bet you that most of these seniors have no idea that what they are doing are even potentially harmful to other motorists on the road.
    I have been driving for 4.5 years, and 3 of those years were driving a big truck around everyday up to 16 hours a day, and I have an absolutely clean driving record. I have taken drivers ed and defensive driving and I am paying $237/month for PL/PD, theft and fire with NO COLLISION. That is outrageous! And I am paying the cheapest out of any of my friends..... their insurance ranges from $3000 to $15000 per year.

I know girls and old folks who are horrible drivers paying less than $100/month for insurance...... I know what you are saying about the old people not realizing what is happening but that is no excuse.

I also think your comment about most 16-20 year old drivers causing an accident is a bit of a generalization. Of course you only hear about the accidents and how the news and other media sources glorify young male drivers, but you never hear about the good ones. There are always bad apples that spoil it for the rest and I do understand that that is why we are charged so much.

I personally think that young male drivers should be given a chance before they are charged ridiculous premiums. There are insurance companies in California that give young drivers a chance before they jack the premiums.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Mckenzie

I have been driving for 4.5 years, and 3 of those years were driving a big truck around everyday up to 16 hours a day, and I have an absolutely clean driving record. I have taken drivers ed and defensive driving and I am paying $237/month for PL/PD, theft and fire with NO COLLISION. That is outrageous! And I am paying the cheapest out of any of my friends..... their insurance ranges from $3000 to $15000 per year.

I know girls and old folks who are horrible drivers paying less than $100/month for insurance...... I know what you are saying about the old people not realizing what is happening but that is no excuse.

I also think your comment about most 16-20 year old drivers causing an accident is a bit of a generalization. Of course you only hear about the accidents and how the news and other media sources glorify young male drivers, but you never hear about the good ones. There are always bad apples that spoil it for the rest and I do understand that that is why we are charged so much.

I personally think that young male drivers should be given a chance before they are charged ridiculous premiums. There are insurance companies in California that give young drivers a chance before they jack the premiums.
    You need to find another insurance company, I'm paying $200/month on my S2K and I have full coverage and it'll be going down even more and I am only 21.

Generalization? Perhaps I am ignoring those who drive their parents car once or twice a week. Why are insurance premiums so high for those between 16-21? Statistics don't lie.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

You know what is funny? It is usually those who complain about women and senior drivers that get into an accident first! You are not responsible for the actions of others on the road but you are accountable for yourself. If a situation is avoidable, by all means, avoid it!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a tank

You need to find another insurance company, I'm paying $200/month on my S2K and I have full coverage and it'll be going down even more and I am only 21.

Generalization? Perhaps I am ignoring those who drive their parents car once or twice a week. Why are insurance premiums so high for those between 16-21? Statistics don't lie.
    are you serious? 200/month? I pay 211 a month and thats discounted because I work for a big company. you must have a clean driving record.

Let me see, I guess your madskillz fall into the catagory of avoiding bad drivers.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by SilverRex

are you serious? 200/month? I pay 211 a month and thats discounted because I work for a big company. you must have a clean driving record.

Let me see, I guess your madskillz fall into the catagory of avoiding bad drivers.
    My record is relatively clean, no accidents in five, no tickets in four but that does not mean I haven't been in trouble before. I almost got cut by Allstate four years ago. Anyway, I just avoid rush hour traffic. I schedule my entire life around those hours! haha
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast