Quantcast
Just another rant..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Just another rant.....

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Unhappy Just another rant.....

Given the large number of Calgary driver rants on here recently I thought I would throw mine in......

I made a trip into Calgary to see some sick relatives on Saturday. I arrived in town and got to my wife's parents house at ~11PM. I went pretty much straight to bed. Got up the next morning to go visit my relatives and I found that over the night, somebody smacked into my car
    My mirror was all cracked up and bent over, and the glass was hanging by the heater wires.

Not even in the city 12 hours and some dumba$$ has to hit and run my golf. At least it was only the mirror?...

It could have been worse, but it is such a big pissoff, since the cost of the mirror is pretty close to my deductible, so there is no point in claiming it. I put it back together as best as I can so I could still drive the car legally, but now the mirror wanders all over the place and there are pieces missing from the housing. I picked up the ones I could find.

So, for everybody out there who hits and runs,

I know everybody always asks for pics, and I had a camera inside, but I was in a big hurry, so sorry, no pics.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

I know how you feel buddy!! My car was involved in a hit and run while I was at work all day! I come out after work to see my car looking like ASS!!

Calgary has some of the worse drivers out there!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I know how you feel too. Been a victim of hit and run three times in less than a year in the same area. Oh and I feel sorry for all cars parked in the neighborhoods where student drivers go to, to practice parallel parking. Man, you wouldn't believe how many times I see a student driver drive too close to a parked car and bash against the side mirror. Then you see the instructor quickly tell the student driver to continue driving.

It's actually quite disturbing seeing how many hit and runs happen almost everyday...

If its usually overnight theres a good chance the person is drunk... and if they have some form of a conscious and come back its usually the next day or day after... just so they avoid the cops when they hit your car.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    1997 Eagle Talon

Are you sure someone hit your car, or some punk kid kicked the mirror off like what happened to my friends car last week.
    1997 Talon
    9.6 @158Mph
    Revolution Motorsports

Originally posted by ron korolak
    Are you sure someone hit your car, or some punk kid kicked the mirror off like what happened to my friends car last week.
    This happened to my buddies car a week after he bought it

Usually when this happens its on the passenger side mirror.... usually...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I'm sure it was hit, there is paint on the glass, ground into the big groove in it

Stupid hit and run.....
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Ya man I had that happen to my pathfinder..i have it parked on the street all the time so im guessing some drunks on the sidewalk probably took it out. Thankgod for wesman salvage in Brandon mb, they hooked me up with a mint mirror at a good price.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    ////M

I worry about this happening everytime I park my car because I've heard/seen so many stories now
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

Welcome to the city of Calgary, year 2007. Sorry to hear man.

At least you get to LEAVE and go back to Vernon dude, we're stuck here