Quantcast
Ran into a 4th Gen civic. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ran into a 4th Gen civic.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Ran into a 4th Gen civic.

Heh, so I'm on my way home tonight, roads are empty, and I'm cruising along deerfoot south, and pass what appeared to be just another every day civic, red, shiny exhaust. I hit the lights at Douglas dale and the honda pulls up behind, so I decide to get a bit of distance between my car and his. Light turns green, I go normal, I shift into second and floor it, and so does he...and so I'm thinkin meah, its on. Trouble was he was still there after shifting into 3rd...and 4th...THEN he had the nerve to start pulling on me slightly in fifth , but he shut it down.

We pulled into a residential area and I rolled my window down and was like WTF is in that thing, he smiles "B16" I'm like FAWK! That things quick! and he smiles and said "There is a few of us around" I laughed and told him thats awesome. He was surprised my car was as quick as it was, we were pretty much even in 1-4 but 5th he was climin a bit. I deffinatly would have lost on the top end...he would have passed me in 5th for sure.

Great car, I love sleepers. No wild wing or decals. Just a cf hood, lowered and tasteful wheels.

Props to him, will gladly admit a defeat.
    Travel

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

good job, sleepers are defenatly sneaky . had a coupel races of my own tonight with certain red-top 4-age corrola
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    4G lude

ya man i had one of those....i was in my lude when this 88-91 civic hatch pulls up beside me on 16ave and 19 st... he started revin so i was like alright,,,,light turned green and i had him off the start but he was right with me the whole way up to about 140km/hr...i only had about a half car lead once we slowed down...he followed me and stopped at the next light and asked me wat i had, when i asked him he said he had a jap spec ZC with all this shiet, i dunno man jus thought id share wit u

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Hahaha thats my buddy Lees car tight wheels too black with red trim

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

how come my b16 seems so slow hahaha...ohh could be the 5000 ppound rims i have fooooooowwkk

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by shadowz
    Hahaha thats my buddy Lees car tight wheels too black with red trim

Yep, thats the guy, totally chillin guy, complementing each others cars, I love it.
    Travel

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

That's very rare! Usually the guys I meet won't even make eye contact... They're all "I'm a baller, Yo!"
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

haha... when I read this, I thought it was someone else's stock looking red civic... haha! Good job Ben! Btw, I thought I saw your car last night on 17th ave. But then it was 4 door, had some very nice rims (diff from yours), but with the same metallic grey color and a prety loud exhaust. I guess it wasn't you cause the rims look different in your sig. Anyways, then I saw rage2, kenny, black 300zx tt, porsche 911, yellow ferrari convertible all parked in front of phil's... It was like a damn car show last night on 17th ave! Or maybe it's like that everynight, but I just never noticed!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by sml
    haha... when I read this, I thought it was someone else's stock looking red civic... haha! Good job Ben! Btw, I thought I saw your car last night on 17th ave. But then it was 4 door, had some very nice rims (diff from yours), but with the same metallic grey color and a prety loud exhaust. I guess it wasn't you cause the rims look different in your sig. Anyways, then I saw rage2, kenny, black 300zx tt, porsche 911, yellow ferrari convertible all parked in front of phil's... It was like a damn car show last night on 17th ave! Or maybe it's like that everynight, but I just never noticed!
    yeah, I love it when I have an encounter like that. Great run, and then to be cool about it afterwards and share a decent quick convo, big props.

I wasn't down on 17th at all, but yeah, like you said, it had different wheels and 4dr.
    My car is loud but only at WOT...durring regular driving its not much louder than stock.
    Travel

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Originally posted by kevie88
    That's very rare! Usually the guys I meet won't even make eye contact... They're all "I'm a baller, Yo!"
    Ya......I try saying nice car to them but they don't even look over.....

My Ride
    NONE

Originally posted by Ben

Yep, thats the guy, totally chillin guy, complementing each others cars, I love it.

That sounds so cool. Sounds like you had lots of fun.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

We both lined up tonight at secret street, and we both had near exact times. Within 1 10th
    Travel

My Ride
    2012 journey

hey ben you wnat to hear about sleeper you probally have seen my car around... okay get this... 4 dr 2nd gen teg... with a b16a... got rid of the rims cos they were to damn... heavy... now thats sleeper... 4dr guy...its a family car.... lol

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

lol, right on. horray for sleepers.

Good times!
    Travel