Quantcast
check stop on beddington - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: check stop on beddington

Default check stop on beddington

alright... so i get waved over on beddington ~4:00AM. cop asks me if i've been drinking.. i tell him no. 3 other cops start looking at my car... i'm thinking wtf? then they told me my exhaust was modified. so i asked nicely what was modified about it. the other cops give me a puzzled look. so next they questioned light blubs and suspension. again i asked what was worng with my light blubs and suspension. get the same result. last... another cop kept going on and on about no side reflectors. i pointed to the corner of the bumper where i do in fact have a reflector(turn signal indicator). he kept on telling me you can't see it from the side. finally they let me go because they had nothing. fuck... its suppose to be a check stop not pick out whats worng with my fucking car..

My Ride
    B7A4

yeah, pass the check stop as well, but i just drove on the left lane and never got checked

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I'm all for check stops, but I think with what the ticket amounts have increased to, dont expect them to be like that more often
    Travel

Originally posted by Ben
    dont expect them to be like that more often
    considering there is nothing illegal on my car. no "enlarged" exhaust tip, all the blubs/signal lights are the right color, suspension is not too low, have the proper reflectors. its all about how your talk the talk. the minute you get cocky they WILL write you up for everything. i've been pulled over enough to know.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

well now they got the truck units out there pulling over commercial trucks, on beddington tr and country hill blvd. been at it for the last 3+ hours.

So did you have stock exhaust and rideheight or just not a big exhaust?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by CRXguy
    well now they got the truck units out there pulling over commercial trucks, on beddington tr and country hill blvd. been at it for the last 3+ hours.
    They were on deerfoot yesterday morn right when you come out of McKenzie Lake.
    Travel

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by szw
    So did you have stock exhaust and rideheight or just not a big exhaust?
    his car isn't even that low, it's just the wheels/tires filling up the gap. and the exhaust is stock looking.

My Ride
    Honda

i'm agree with check stops too, and we need more of them on the road.

but i've been held at one for almost 30 minutes because of my LCD screen on the dash, and i was the designated driver too! i spent 3 hours at the bar without 1 drink, and thats what i get?

if you're going to setup a check stop, then catch some drunk drivers. dont harass me about my car.
    it was such a waste of time. 3 cops had to have a meeting to decide whether i should get a ticket, while they ignored traffic for the time.