Quantcast
Someone on city council has taken his head out of his ass and seen a bit of the light - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Someone on city council has taken his head out of his ass and seen a bit of the light

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Default Someone on city council has taken his head out of his ass and seen a bit of the light

I heard on the radio this morning that a city councilor (Ric McIvor) has proposed changing the seating layout on the C-Trains so that the benches run along the walls to accommodate more people. He claims to have gotten the idea from big cities like New York and London.

I think he was trolling beyond and read some common sense.

Of course, to counter the common sense, there will have to be a study and blablablablabla so nothing will be done for at least another year.
    Tim

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

We need more improvements on Calgary Transit other than just changing seating arrangements ( which will still help). We need better resources to accommodate a city this size. But its kinda a long stretch as to when we will see an "actual" change, as we all know how efficient the city runs....

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Someone on city council has taken his head out of his ass and seen a bit of the l

Originally posted by TimG
    I heard on the radio this morning that a city councilor (Ric McIvor) has proposed changing the seating layout on the C-Trains so that the benches run along the walls to accommodate more people. He claims to have gotten the idea from big cities like New York and London.

I think he was trolling beyond and read some common sense.

Of course, to counter the common sense, there will have to be a study and blablablablabla so nothing will be done for at least another year.
    I said that. Where's my consulting fee?!

We also need faster doors. One that will close 10sec after they opened.

We also need to mark entry-only/exit-only doors with may be mono-directional turnstyle. So there'll be no congestion. If we mark them, people won't hang around the entry and create better traffic flow within the cabin.
    For example, the doors on the ends of the car is for entry and doors in the middle is for exit.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-26-2007 at 11:14 AM.

My Ride
    14' 435i

this will help but then u get the retards who will not get closer then 3 feet form someone else cuz they are fucking stupid...

or move into the isle...